3/1/13 Penguins v. Canadiens- Official Game Thread

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: 3/1/13 Penguins v. Canadiens- Official Game Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:57 pm

Its unbelievably obvious that the defensive pairs should be Orpik-Martin, Letang-Despres, Nisky-Who gives a damn. Despres has earned the spot. He's earned his minutes. Idiocy takes him out of the lineup and hopefully it never happens again.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Beveridge on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:57 pm

pens#1 wrote:Did DB really take a time out. Pens won but what a joke the coaching is for pitt

Good grief. It was MT that called the timeout. Root had the camera on him when he said it and called the time out with his hands.

If you had the hnic feed, then stop listening to people posting on this board that are clueless.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby pcm on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:59 pm

Letang was incredible tonight. Anyone who watches a game like this and still wants to trade him.... nuts. Orpik on the other hand brought a pillow to go with his blanket.
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby farnham16 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:59 pm

The Snapshot wrote:
farnham16 wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:Montreal looked nothing like themselves tonight either, so do they have problems? Vokoun was terrible tonight. Don't wanna question the effort or the resilience. They were missing a top 2 D and a generational talent at center. They played the top team in the East that was on a big roll in a tough building.

How can you not be happy with this win?

They gave up 6 goals and blew a 2 goal lead. Same ole song and dance.

From you, yes.

Hey I'm happy they pulled this out of course. But I don't like these games. Giving up 6 goals is a joke. They can't win in the long run playing like this and its been going on way too long.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby columbia on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:59 pm

Is it possible to make this team play defense?
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby sharpshootr55 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:00 pm

sharpshootr55
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Beveridge on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:00 pm

-#47 shouldn't miss anymore more games if he is healthy enough to play
-Eaton was not noticed in a good way (engo too to an extent)
-Kennedy shouldn't see the light of day until we don't give him a qualifying offer this offseason
-Sutter is getting comfortable
-We need to figure out Defense or get someone in who can figure it out while not losing offense. Shouldn't be scoring 6 goals and going to OT.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Kharlamov on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:00 pm

sharpshootr55 wrote:Image

What is the context behind this photo??
Kharlamov
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby pronovost19 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:00 pm

pcm wrote:Letang was incredible tonight. Anyone who watches a game like this and still wants to trade him.... nuts. Orpik on the other hand brought a pillow to go with his blanket.

Orpik has out to lunch games...it happens. I think the pride of Delaware had great gaps tonight. His key is positioning because he is not fleet of foot anymore.
Last edited by pronovost19 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pronovost19
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Gaucho on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:01 pm

pcm wrote:Orpik on the other hand brought a pillow to go with his blanket.

Well played, Sir.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pens#1 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:01 pm

Beveridge wrote:
pens#1 wrote:Did DB really take a time out. Pens won but what a joke the coaching is for pitt

Good grief. It was MT that called the timeout. Root had the camera on him when he said it and called the time out with his hands.

If you had the hnic feed, then stop listening to people posting on this board that are clueless.

I had Hnic. After DB letting TV in that long after his last 3 starts I wouldn't expect anything less. Unless their is a change we will be gone in rd 1 again
pens#1
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby luv66 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:01 pm

Henry Hank wrote:
MarioLives wrote:Will everyone be happy now or still bashing the team?

If people have a problem with the number of goals the team has been giving up, they shouldn't be too happy right now. Happy they pulled out a win, sure, but this solves nothing. We've just about reached the halfway point of the season and they're at the exact same spot they were in last April. Yay!

^ This. A win helps make you feel a bit better but this team as it is is going nowhere in the playoffs.
luv66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby NashvilleCat on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:01 pm

Beveridge wrote:

I heard the HNIC guys say that and immediately said why would we call a timeout, had to be Montreal. I'm thinking Sid might know what to do in that situation without much help.
NashvilleCat
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Cagsjr724 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:02 pm

Dickie Dunn wrote:Its unbelievably obvious that the defensive pairs should be Orpik-Martin, Letang-Despres, Nisky-Who gives a damn. Despres has earned the spot. He's earned his minutes. Idiocy takes him out of the lineup and hopefully it never happens again.

:thumb: :thumb:
Cagsjr724
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby joe icepick on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:02 pm

jwest21 wrote:Well, in three hours I went from angry to normal to angry to normal to happy to elated to happy but worried to really worried to remote tossing to relieved to elated to worried to happy to running around the room yelling like an idiot

FUNNY
joe icepick
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:02 pm

columbia wrote:Is it possible to make this team play defense?

Unpossible

FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Im The Wreck Of You, Im The Death Of You All ~ Soundgarden

Postby The Snapshot on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:02 pm

farnham16 wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:
farnham16 wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:Montreal looked nothing like themselves tonight either, so do they have problems? Vokoun was terrible tonight. Don't wanna question the effort or the resilience. They were missing a top 2 D and a generational talent at center. They played the top team in the East that was on a big roll in a tough building.

From you, yes.

Hey I'm happy they pulled this out of course. But I don't like these games. Giving up 6 goals is a joke. They can't win in the long run playing like this and its been going on way too long.

I know what you are saying, but really how many were terrible D and how many were on Vokoun? At least 3 of them were complete crap, and that means a 6-3 game against a team you know was geared to try and frustrate the Pens. The first and sixth had NOTHING to do with any of the players on the ice.

I just think everyone who posts here can't wait to find something negative in every game. This was a big win after two tough losses. They may get Malkin back for the next one.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Rocco on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:03 pm

Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pronovost19 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:03 pm

It was a strange wide open game....however, we won a on of one on onestonightthat we were not winning in the previous two games
pronovost19
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Froggy on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:04 pm

so, what did kennedy do tonight other than have a couple of highly questionable penalties called against him to have people so mad at him?
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby meow on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:04 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:
meow wrote:
nocera wrote:Niskanen was a +3. As was Kunitz.

I feel like Niskanen is underrated in Pens nation

My friend at work talked me out of getting his jersey today.

Your friend is a dummy
meow
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Henry Hank on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:05 pm

Nothing is going to change. We're just about at the halfway point. They're almost at three goals against a game.

It shouldn't be a surprise. The only real answer Bylsma seemed to have after last season was that it might have been just two bad weeks. Shero affirmed that by quickly going out and getting another goalie, i.e. putting the blame mainly on the goaltender. And that's exactly what they're going to do after tonight. It's not that the team is playing pond hockey, it's just that the goalie gave up some bad goals.

I'm glad they're winning in spite of their fatal flaws. And anyone is free to put their head in the sand and enjoy the regular season success. This continues to be a team that is bound for being bounced in embarrassing fashion in the first round. Since they're #2 in the conference things might even match up for them to get spanked by their big brothers in Philly again.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby NashvilleCat on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:05 pm

Froggy wrote:so, what did kennedy do tonight other than have a couple of highly questionable penalties called against him to have people so mad at him?

He's wearing the whipping-boy crown. Hard to overcome that.
NashvilleCat
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby farnham16 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:05 pm

The Snapshot wrote:
farnham16 wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:
farnham16 wrote:

From you, yes.

I know what you are saying, but really how many were terrible D and how many were on Vokoun? At least 3 of them were complete crap, and that means a 6-3 game against a team you know was geared to try and frustrate the Pens. The first and sixth had NOTHING to do with any of the players on the ice.

I just think everyone who posts here can't wait to find something negative in every game. This was a big win after two tough losses. They may get Malkin back for the next one.

I understand that. But your goalie is apart of the of the team as well. Vokoun should never have started tonight. Bylsma needs to answer for that and he's very lucky the Pens pulled this one out.

They showed solid heart tonight and never stopped working. I will say that.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby joe icepick on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:05 pm

They have to shore up there d....trade Orpik...give the ducks a 7th rounder for Lovejoy if you have to
joe icepick
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins