Did the players really serve pizza in Line today?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Did the players really serve pizza in Line today?

Postby MarioLives on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:28 pm

Saw pictures of Fleury, HCDB and Dupuis serving. Pizza to the student rush line. Is this for real? If so, that is super cool!
Last edited by MarioLives on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,462
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:30 pm

Re: Did the players really serve pizza in Line today?

Postby meow on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:31 pm

MarioLives wrote:Sawn pictures of Fleury, HCDB and Dupuis serving. Pizza to the student rush line. Is this for real? If so, that is super cool!

They've done this before, so I'd guess it to be true.
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,527
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Did the players really serve pizza in Line today?

Postby nocera on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:35 pm

Anyone on the board in line/get tickets? Penguins Instagram posted a picture of people in line around 9:30 this morning
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,054
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:02 pm

Re: Did the players really serve pizza in Line today?

Postby Pitts on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:49 pm

nocera wrote:Anyone on the board in line/get tickets? Penguins Instagram posted a picture of people in line around 9:30 this morning

There were 500 tix available for student rush today. So, only 500 got in.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,677
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Re: Did the players really serve pizza in Line today?

Postby penny lane on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:52 pm

Flower has a wonderful deal going on all season, 4 people picked from student rush raffle get to sit behind him. The 1st row behind him.
would be nice to have a surprise of Sid or Brooks or letang. I know James Neal did it last year.

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/gallery.ht ... L|PIT|home

i hope that is matt cooke carrying dupuis & not Flower. :P
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,621
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Have fun, kick butt!

Re: Did the players really serve pizza in Line today?

Postby npv708 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:07 pm

I guess Vokoun wasn't there because he was too tired of giving out so many freebies during the Habs game...

Boychuk was hoping to be there, but just wasn't given the chance...
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,746
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:11 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Re: Did the players really serve pizza in Line today?

Postby Beveridge on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:17 pm

Anyone in like ask Bylsma why he's the worst coach everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,732
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:38 pm
Location: Punxsutawney

Re: Did the players really serve pizza in Line today?

Postby Tico Rick on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:17 pm

npv708 wrote:I guess Vokoun wasn't there because he was too tired of giving out so many freebies during the Habs game...

Boychuk was hoping to be there, but just wasn't given the chance...


Tangradi tried to be there, but he was too slow to join the rush.
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,312
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:12 am
Location: It's a great day for hockey!

Re: Did the players really serve pizza in Line today?

Postby Beveridge on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:18 pm

Tico Rick wrote:
npv708 wrote:I guess Vokoun wasn't there because he was too tired of giving out so many freebies during the Habs game...

Boychuk was hoping to be there, but just wasn't given the chance...


Tangradi tried to be there, but he was too slow to join the rush.



We have our winner. No need to continue.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,732
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:38 pm
Location: Punxsutawney

Re: Did the players really serve pizza in Line today?

Postby Ossa on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:50 pm

nocera wrote:Anyone on the board in line/get tickets? Penguins Instagram posted a picture of people in line around 9:30 this morning

I got there at 1 and got tickets. I also know people who got there at 3 and didn't get in.
Ossa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 914
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:08 pm

Re: Did the players really serve pizza in Line today?

Postby Ossa on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:52 pm

I was probably around #200 in line and only saw Neal and Engelland handing out pizza. But Neal was awesome enough to go to through much of the line and give high fives. Totally made my day. So awesome.
Ossa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 914
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:08 pm

Re: Did the players really serve pizza in Line today?

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:56 pm

I thought student rush tix were online now?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,169
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: Did the players really serve pizza in Line today?

Postby Ossa on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:00 pm

Letang Is The Truth wrote:I thought student rush tix were online now?


Most are, 3/4 4/2 and 4/17 aren't.
Ossa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 914
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:08 pm

Re: Did the players really serve pizza in Line today?

Postby Kovy27 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:04 pm

To be honest, that's 500 tickets that they could have sold to people in the season ticket waiting list.

I understand the concept of Student Rush, it was great when the Pens were not filling the building in the early 2000s...However, they have over 10k people in the waiting list line that would love to have their season tickets.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,610
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Re: Did the players really serve pizza in Line today?

Postby Ossa on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:09 pm

Kovy27 wrote:To be honest, that's 500 tickets that they could have sold to people in the season ticket waiting list.

I understand the concept of Student Rush, it was great when the Pens were not filling the building in the early 2000s...However, they have over 10k people in the waiting list line that would love to have their season tickets.


But they do offer presale tickets and mini packages to people on the wait list. They don't completely ignore these people.
Ossa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 914
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:08 pm

Re: Did the players really serve pizza in Line today?

Postby Rylan on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:11 pm

Kovy27 wrote:To be honest, that's 500 tickets that they could have sold to people in the season ticket waiting list.

I understand the concept of Student Rush, it was great when the Pens were not filling the building in the early 2000s...However, they have over 10k people in the waiting list line that would love to have their season tickets.


That is an extremely myopic sales viewpoint.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,014
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Did the players really serve pizza in Line today?

Postby Kovy27 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:46 pm

Ossa wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:To be honest, that's 500 tickets that they could have sold to people in the season ticket waiting list.

I understand the concept of Student Rush, it was great when the Pens were not filling the building in the early 2000s...However, they have over 10k people in the waiting list line that would love to have their season tickets.


But they do offer presale tickets and mini packages to people on the wait list. They don't completely ignore these people.


ok? However they could sell 500 season ticket packages....
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,610
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Re: Did the players really serve pizza in Line today?

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:50 pm

Kovy27 wrote:
Ossa wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:To be honest, that's 500 tickets that they could have sold to people in the season ticket waiting list.

I understand the concept of Student Rush, it was great when the Pens were not filling the building in the early 2000s...However, they have over 10k people in the waiting list line that would love to have their season tickets.


But they do offer presale tickets and mini packages to people on the wait list. They don't completely ignore these people.


ok? However they could sell 500 season ticket packages....


And then you leave a much larger demographic out of seeing the Pens.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,376
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Did the players really serve pizza in Line today?

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:36 pm

Rylan wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:To be honest, that's 500 tickets that they could have sold to people in the season ticket waiting list.

I understand the concept of Student Rush, it was great when the Pens were not filling the building in the early 2000s...However, they have over 10k people in the waiting list line that would love to have their season tickets.


That is an extremely myopic sales viewpoint.


im going to start an lgp drinking game that revolves around how often you say myopic
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,169
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: Did the players really serve pizza in Line today?

Postby penny lane on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:05 pm

Image

Who's the kids here ? :wink:
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,621
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Have fun, kick butt!

Re: Did the players really serve pizza in Line today?

Postby SolidSnake on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:08 pm

I didn't notice that was Dupuis on Cooke's shoulders I was thinking either those people are short or Dupuis should be playing in the NBA
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,127
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:41 pm
Location: Winners don't use drugs.- William S. Sessions.

Re: Did the players really serve pizza in Line today?

Postby Kovy27 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:51 pm

MRandall25 wrote:And then you leave a much larger demographic out of seeing the Pens.


That's fine, but you don't need them either. You have a pretty large group of people who want to see the product now. Those kids are already sucked into the sport, so I don't think you need to pamper them. People in line for Season Tickets who want to buy the tickets now should get in first. The college kids will come, as long as the product is good.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,610
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Re: Did the players really serve pizza in Line today?

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:59 pm

Kovy27 wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:And then you leave a much larger demographic out of seeing the Pens.


That's fine, but you don't need them either. You have a pretty large group of people who want to see the product now. Those kids are already sucked into the sport, so I don't think you need to pamper them. People in line for Season Tickets who want to buy the tickets now should get in first. The college kids will come, as long as the product is good.


But the college kids can't afford the games. They also want to see the product now, so I don't buy that argument.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,376
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Did the players really serve pizza in Line today?

Postby The Snapshot on Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:00 pm

Matt Cooke sliced all of the pizzas with his left skate
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,282
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:28 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there

Re: Did the players really serve pizza in Line today?

Postby Kovy27 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:07 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:And then you leave a much larger demographic out of seeing the Pens.


That's fine, but you don't need them either. You have a pretty large group of people who want to see the product now. Those kids are already sucked into the sport, so I don't think you need to pamper them. People in line for Season Tickets who want to buy the tickets now should get in first. The college kids will come, as long as the product is good.


But the college kids can't afford the games. They also want to see the product now, so I don't buy that argument.


I couldn't afford tickets until I got out of school...

I have season tickets now, I waited 4 years to get them.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,610
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Pavement and 7 guests


e-mail