Trade Rumors 2013

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Trade Rumors 2013

Postby puckeye on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:18 pm

think last piece of the puzzle will be Marcel Goc from Florida
puckeye
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,660
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:35 pm

Re: Trade Rumors 2013

Postby KG on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:54 pm

Pierre LeBrun said the Pens are still on Iginla and this is there "all in year" because of the cap flexibility they won't have again....

Should be interesting!
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,499
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:53 am
Location: NY

Re: Trade Rumors 2013

Postby pcm on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:57 pm

The Pens are done acquiring players. You could close this thread except that someone (Engelland) will probably be traded from the roster.
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 7,308
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:39 am
Location: mountains

Re: Trade Rumors 2013

Postby pcm on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:59 pm

Shero will make some offers, drive up the price, but there's no way he's going to outbid Boston or LA for Iginla after the shopping he's already done.
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 7,308
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:39 am
Location: mountains

Re: Trade Rumors 2013

Postby Lt. Dish on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:10 pm

The Snapshot wrote:
Nizzy wrote:I'm really getting tired of Mikey coming on here troll spamming his 29-29 Tyler Kennedy statistics. There's only one statistic that matters, and Tyler Kennedy doesn't have it.


Is it nostril circumference? Oh wait, he OWNS that one.


Nostril circumference doesn't score goals. Jarome Iginla scores goals.

Unless we're talking about vs. the Flyers. Then nostril circumference (and, theoretically, Jarome Iginla as well) scores goals.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,626
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: "Enough is enough!" - Mike Sullivan

Re: Trade Rumors 2013

Postby Durbano on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:36 pm

meow wrote:The foe feature is the best thing about this board.


It absolutely saved the LGP experience for me.
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,644
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:33 pm

Re: Trade Rumors 2013

Postby pens#1 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:45 pm

pcm wrote:Shero will make some offers, drive up the price, but there's no way he's going to outbid Boston or LA for Iginla after the shopping he's already done.


How could you possibly know this, seems like you are hoping that is the case, I for one want more out of the cap space
pens#1
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,930
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:05 pm
Location: allentown

Re: Trade Rumors 2013

Postby wondermoose on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:46 pm

pcm wrote:The Pens are done acquiring players. You could close this thread except that someone (Engelland) will probably be traded from the roster.


Nah, won't fetch anything the Pens need and they'll want him around next year if they don't re-sign Murray.
wondermoose
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 7,239
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:18 am

Re: Trade Rumors 2013

Postby Henry Hank on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:26 am

They have the capability to make more trades but I don't see it happening. Maybe they'll do something minor for depth purposes, but considering that a third pairing D just potentially cost two second round picks, I don't think you're getting anything worth anything at a low cost.

They've already got plenty of depth and a roster without any obvious holes. They've paid a relatively steep price for what they got but that's the market. They didn't give up anything that figures to haunt them.

It also doesn't make much sense for the Pens to move any of their extra depth to recoup draft picks. I'm not a huge Engelland fan but he's worth more to them than a 3rd or 4th round pick would be because he's better depth than calling up an AHL scrub like Reese. Same deal with dumping a Kennedy or Glass. The AHL depth this year is pretty much crap.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,627
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:31 pm

Re: Trade Rumors 2013

Postby columbia on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:12 am

Shero didn't tip his hand as to whether he might have other deals in the works -- the Penguins have more than $6 million in salary cap space -- but he indicated that he's not planning on trading any of the defensemen.
"The guys that are here right now are the guys, in my opinion, who are going to be here April 3 when you can expand the rosters," Shero said, adding that if the club has to move some bodies around before April 3, it will be "procedural."


Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/spo ... z2OdwOndio

Despres to WBS (as necessary): e4
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 51,889
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am
Location: دعنا نذهب طيور البطريق

Re: Trade Rumors 2013

Postby The Current One on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:34 am

Gotta love Ray Shero. He's not afraid to go out and get the players he thinks will put the Pens over the top, and it makes for exciting times every year around the deadline. I don't think he's done yet as I don't think they will enter the playoffs with the current surplus of defense, in addition to guys like Jeffrey, etc. I can see him moving Bortuzzo as the centerpiece of a deal, and grabbing another bigger forward for the third or fourth line. Perhaps a Clowe, or even Iginla. I found it interesting that Bylsma mentioned Morrow playing on the second or third line, which makes you wonder, if he plays on the third line, already bumping Bennett down, who plays on the second? It would have to be a legit top-line forward....
The Current One
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 740
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:41 pm

Re: Trade Rumors 2013

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:47 am

The Current One wrote:I don't think he's done yet as I don't think they will enter the playoffs with the current surplus of defense, in addition to guys like Jeffrey, etc.


As always, I have trouble telling if your posts are a joke or not.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 55,335
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: Trade Rumors 2013

Postby MWW on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:58 am

columbia wrote:
Shero didn't tip his hand as to whether he might have other deals in the works -- the Penguins have more than $6 million in salary cap space -- but he indicated that he's not planning on trading any of the defensemen.
"The guys that are here right now are the guys, in my opinion, who are going to be here April 3 when you can expand the rosters," Shero said, adding that if the club has to move some bodies around before April 3, it will be "procedural."


Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/spo ... z2OdwOndio

Despres to WBS (as necessary): e4


I think Geno & Letang will be on IR until April 3. So RS isn´t forced to trade anyone away.
MWW
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,107
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:39 pm
Location: Berlin, Germany: Back Home at last !!!!

Re: Trade Rumors 2013

Postby darkstar57 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:25 am

MWW wrote:
columbia wrote:
Shero didn't tip his hand as to whether he might have other deals in the works -- the Penguins have more than $6 million in salary cap space -- but he indicated that he's not planning on trading any of the defensemen.
"The guys that are here right now are the guys, in my opinion, who are going to be here April 3 when you can expand the rosters," Shero said, adding that if the club has to move some bodies around before April 3, it will be "procedural."


Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/spo ... z2OdwOndio

Despres to WBS (as necessary): e4


I think Geno & Letang will be on IR until April 3. So RS isn´t forced to trade anyone away.


If Letang and Geno are healthy you play them, you need to make sure the team is fully gelled by the start of the playoffs. IF need be he sends Depress and Bennet to WBS for a week to free up roster spots but they are called up the day after the deadline. Heck they might 'assign" them but tell them to stay in Pittsburgh and practice with the team
darkstar57
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,052
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:13 pm
Location: A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish

Re: Trade Rumors 2013

Postby since1970 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:35 am

when we get Iginla (would be fantastic) I have Kunitz/Crosby/Iginla, and Malkin/Neal/Morrow as the second line, with Dupuis/Sutter/Bennett on the 3rd line, and Cooke/Vitale/Kennedy as the fourth line. I like having the two old guys on the top lines. I think if there is anything left it'll open up the ice for Crosby/Malkin and the rest, and I keep those lines intact for my 2 powerplay units. There's all the elements you need playmaker, sniper, net front on both those lines, just not sure who your D pairings are for those line. I might try to get all 5 guys for 5 on 5 and powerplay time. Like the continuity. This asumes both Iginla/Morrow can still be a force...........
since1970
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 720
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:06 pm

Re: Trade Rumors 2013

Postby PensFanInDC on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:41 am

Image
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 27,917
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:28 pm
Location: Fredneck

Re: Trade Rumors 2013

Postby Guinness on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:47 am

Yeah, I think some people are going to be really disappointed when April 3rd comes and goes and Iginla is not on the roster.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,344
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:30 am
Location: At the pub

Re: Trade Rumors 2013

Postby since1970 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:36 am

..I think we like the video game aspect of getting Iginla, it's like when you try to trade Jeffrey/Glass for Ovechkin in NHL '13, and you get him. It's a fun exercise, and ya' never know......(fingers crossed) someone has to hit the jackpot!!!!!
since1970
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 720
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:06 pm

Re: Trade Rumors 2013

Postby no name on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:55 am

Guinness wrote:Yeah, I think some people are going to be really disappointed when April 3rd comes and goes and Iginla is not on the roster.


I am just suprized most media outletts are still reporting the Pens are still in the hunt for him. I would of thought Shero would of dropped the ball that we were out of the running for him. You got to remember Iginla calls his own shots (no trade clause). He actually could of named his destination, saying i want team X, but allowing Calgary to use teams W Y and Z to drive up the cost of team X. i hope this is the case and we are team X. LOL
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,980
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:19 pm

Re: Trade Rumors 2013

Postby Guinness on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:01 am

Well I'm glad that Shero hasn't tipped his hand, apparently. I'd like Boston to think he's still after him.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,344
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:30 am
Location: At the pub

Re: Trade Rumors 2013

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:08 am

no name wrote:
Guinness wrote:Yeah, I think some people are going to be really disappointed when April 3rd comes and goes and Iginla is not on the roster.


I am just suprized most media outletts are still reporting the Pens are still in the hunt for him. I would of thought Shero would of dropped the ball that we were out of the running for him. You got to remember Iginla calls his own shots (no trade clause). He actually could of named his destination, saying i want team X, but allowing Calgary to use teams W Y and Z to drive up the cost of team X. i hope this is the case and we are team X. LOL


If he's out, I'd rather they not let it be known. Let as many picks and prospects as possible go into the black hole that is Calgary.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 55,335
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: Trade Rumors 2013

Postby Dan H on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 am

columbia wrote:What the hell...they might as well go for Iginla, while they're after a 4th liner.
Maybe Shero should go all in?

I know you didn't mean it this way, but at a glance I read this as "Iginla as a 4th liner." Which makes me think of the following (logistically impossible) lineup:

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Bennett-Malkin-Neal
Morrow-Sutter-Kennedy
Clowe-Vitale-Iginla
Cooke/CFA/Glass/Jeffrey

Orpik-Martin
Letang-Klesla
Murray-Smid
Niskanen/Despres/Eaton/Engelland/Bortuzzo
Dan H
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,102
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:31 pm
Location: West Chester, Ohio

Re: Trade Rumors 2013

Postby murphydump55 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:38 am

since1970 wrote:when we get Iginla (would be fantastic) I have Kunitz/Crosby/Iginla, and Malkin/Neal/Morrow as the second line, with Dupuis/Sutter/Bennett on the 3rd line, and Cooke/Vitale/Kennedy as the fourth line. I like having the two old guys on the top lines. I think if there is anything left it'll open up the ice for Crosby/Malkin and the rest, and I keep those lines intact for my 2 powerplay units. There's all the elements you need playmaker, sniper, net front on both those lines, just not sure who your D pairings are for those line. I might try to get all 5 guys for 5 on 5 and powerplay time. Like the continuity. This asumes both Iginla/Morrow can still be a force...........


No Craig Adams? Good luck with that with Bylsma behind the bench.

You have no Adams and no Glass in the lineup. Those are two of our regular PK players and Byslma seems set in his ways with his PK special teams. No matter how much it struggles, he stays with the same guys.

There is zero chance that Vitale plays ahead of Glass or Adams. Do I agree with it? Not really, but that's Bylsma for you. So going with your lineup, who exactly plays the PK? Do you think DB is going to introduce new full time PK guys at this point in the season? Maybe, but I highly doubt it.

So...?
murphydump55
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,590
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm
Location: the real hockeyville and apparently a janitor from Eastern Canada LOL

Re: Trade Rumors 2013

Postby SolidSnake on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:39 am

Shero should get: Iginla, Bouwmeester, and Clowe. Can you imagine the discussion about the scratches then?
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,507
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:41 pm
Location: It's over man, we traded Despres.

Re: Trade Rumors 2013

Postby canaan on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:39 am

no name wrote:
Guinness wrote:Yeah, I think some people are going to be really disappointed when April 3rd comes and goes and Iginla is not on the roster.


I am just suprized most media outletts are still reporting the Pens are still in the hunt for him. I would of thought Shero would of dropped the ball that we were out of the running for him. You got to remember Iginla calls his own shots (no trade clause). He actually could of named his destination, saying i want team X, but allowing Calgary to use teams W Y and Z to drive up the cost of team X. i hope this is the case and we are team X. LOL

the rare "suprized, outletts, could of, would of" quadfecta. impressive.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 39,700
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Nevin Shapiro A&M

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests


e-mail