Trade Rumors 2013

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Trade Rumors 2013

Postby steelershark on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:44 pm

The idea of moving Dupuis off of Crosby's line is crazy. Maybe neither of the wingers(Kunitz, Dupuis) are not snipers, although Kunitz has been snipping lately, they cycle very well and make smart passing in the o-zone. Bennett is a look see, but I don't think he stays there all year. He has only a few games under his belt. he will hit the wall pretty soon.(he has played more games this year than any other including college), so a lw on Malkins line that has speed and grit for the dirty work and he will pick up enough junk goals to satisfy people. question if we get an Umberg from the blue jackets could you waive him at the end of the season without hurting your cap for next year?
steelershark
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby slappybrown on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:52 pm

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Ca ... 25121.html

It’s believed the Penguins – among other teams – have targeted Calgary Flames winger Jarome Iginla, who will be a unrestricted free agent July 5, as a possibility to play on a line with Crosby.

"It's believed"

By whom? An actual source (no, because he would have at least credited "anonymous sources")? Message board posters? The voices in your head Bruce? Hack.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby sil on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:57 pm

It's believed because it makes a ton of sense.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby meow on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:03 pm

So say that. The sentence still makes sense. "It makes sense that the Penguins - among other teams - have targeted Calgary Flames winger Jarome Iginla, who will be a unrestricted free agent July 5, as a possibility to play on a line with Crosby." I can't stand rumor mongering
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby slappybrown on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:03 pm

sil wrote:It's believed because it makes a ton of sense.

Sure (though we can debate if it makes sense for us to use assets for a winger rather than D, but whatever). But that's not reporting. Its not even really an opinion piece.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby slappybrown on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:04 pm

meow wrote:So say that. The sentence still makes sense. "It makes sense that the Penguins - among other teams - have targeted Calgary Flames winger Jarome Iginla, who will be a unrestricted free agent July 5, as a possibility to play on a line with Crosby." I can't stand rumor mongering

Right, exactly. Its just nonsense otherwise, and lazy.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JoseCuervo on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:07 pm

I think Glencross would be a perfect fit on Malkin's wing. He is also signed for 2 more years with a nice contract (2.5mil). I doubt Calgary is looking to trade him, but I'd be interested to see what it would realistically take to get him. I don't think a top pick and a marginal prospect like Samuelsson or D'Agostino would be enough to get it done, and I bet they'd want a decent player on the team.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby since1970 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:17 pm

.....I can see the Flames going all Miami Marlins, what have they got to lose by gaining picks and a couple solid NHL players? They might as well blow it up. I think it would make more sense than what they're doing now, but would you trust Feaster.......
since1970
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pitts on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:19 pm

JoseCuervo wrote:I think Glencross would be a perfect fit on Malkin's wing. He is also signed for 2 more years with a nice contract (2.5mil). I doubt Calgary is looking to trade him, but I'd be interested to see what it would realistically take to get him. I don't think a top pick and a marginal prospect like Samuelsson or D'Agostino would be enough to get it done, and I bet they'd want a decent player on the team.

Glencross, IMO, would be a much better target than Iginla (and, yes, I've been riding the Iginla train). But, I highly doubt Calgary will move him. Stranger things have happened though. I think Calagry would rather move Cammaleri instead -- who might not be a bad 2nd option.

Glencross for Depres and change would be right in line with the Gogo/Neal, Whitney/Kunitz deals Shero likes. Now, if you're looking for Kunitz 2.0 -- Glencross is it!
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JoseCuervo on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:26 pm

since1970 wrote:.....I can see the Flames going all Miami Marlins, what have they got to lose by gaining picks and a couple solid NHL players? They might as well blow it up. I think it would make more sense than what they're doing now, but would you trust Feaster.......

The problem with the Flames is that the roster should of been blown up a while ago, and they just refuse to do it. That is why they are stuck in their viscous cycle of mediocrity.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby since1970 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:35 pm

......this is what I never understood, does someone there think that they'll add "the missing piece" and be a contender? They should trade Iginla ala Ray Bourque, because I don't think he's gonna ask for a deal. Why not tell him you're championship window is barely open and don't expect us to smash it and get you the cup. We'll deal you to someone who has a better chance of delivering, while getting us a good return for the future, and when you're done playing there's a job here if you want it......
since1970
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby thehockeyguru on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:49 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=417437

Take a chance on the waived Hamrlik?

Were the Rangers the only team to put in a claim?
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby meow on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:29 pm

thehockeyguru wrote:

I'm guessing this is to fill the void left by Staal.
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby shmenguin on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:31 pm

this iginla sweepstakes is gonna get reeeeal annoying. i still haven't heard anyone come up with a trade proposal that both sides could possibly accept
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pavel Bure on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:34 pm

meow wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:

Claim was made before Staal injury.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Dan H on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:37 pm

shmenguin wrote:this iginla sweepstakes is gonna get reeeeal annoying. i still haven't heard anyone come up with a trade proposal that both sides could possibly accept

Iginla's rights for the rest of this season in exchange for the rights to Malkin after 2023?

(No, I'm not serious.)
Dan H
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby meow on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:38 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:
meow wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:

Claim was made before Staal injury.

What a promonition by Glen Sather.
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Pitts on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:42 pm

shmenguin wrote:this iginla sweepstakes is gonna get reeeeal annoying. i still haven't heard anyone come up with a trade proposal that both sides could possibly accept

No one has any idea what Calgary would want. Why would it be on fans to come up with a trade? Trade rumors are what they are.

Personally, I think Despres and a 1st should do it.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JoseCuervo on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:51 pm

Pitts wrote:

No one has any idea what Calgary would want. Why would it be on fans to come up with a trade? Trade rumors are what they are.

Easily. I think 1 of morrow/pouliot/maata/harrington and a first could be done, too.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby lifetimefan on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:54 pm

Malkamaniac wrote:Why are we even so quick to break up one of the best producing lines in hockey? It may not be conventional, but Kunizt, Dupuis, and Crosby together just work. There's no need to break that up.

100% accurate. Stop looking for wingers for Sid. He is comfortable with what he has and they have been togather for a few years.
lifetimefan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Pitts on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:56 pm

^^ Agree. I really don't think he should cost that much.

It could go Despres and a 2nd or Maata and a 1st even since Despres has at least proven to be an NHLer.

And, I think the Pens could get him signed for another season or two.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pens_CT on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:56 pm

Pitts wrote:

Why would you trade 2 first round draft piscks for a 35 year old that you might not be able to re-sign after the season?
pens_CT
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Pitts on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:57 pm

pens_CT wrote:
Pitts wrote:

Why would you trade 2 first round draft piscks for a 35 year old that you might not be able to re-sign after the season?

Because I can.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pens_CT on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:00 pm

Pitts wrote:
pens_CT wrote:
Pitts wrote:

Because I can.

Can't argue with that logic
pens_CT
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby NashvilleCat on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:01 pm

lifetimefan wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:Why are we even so quick to break up one of the best producing lines in hockey? It may not be conventional, but Kunizt, Dupuis, and Crosby together just work. There's no need to break that up.

100% accurate. Stop looking for wingers for Sid. He is comfortable with what he has and they have been togather for a few years.

This team needs some discipline; grit; and better, more consistent defense. Scoring isn't the issue. I think veteran 3rd or 4th liners and some size and attitude on defense would be a higher priority.
NashvilleCat
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins