Trade Rumors 2013

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Trade Rumors 2013

Postby joe icepick on Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:51 am

Actually with all this talk of players returning we traded, the one I wouldn't mind at all is the S.S. Gill.
joe icepick
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby FallenHero96 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:53 am

joe icepick wrote:
FallenHero96 wrote:According to Russo, Pierre-Marc Bouchard is most likely going to be traded. Could be someone we are looking at.

Who is Russo?...I think we end up with Murray and Nystrom.

Sorry, it's Michael Russo, Minneapolis Star Tribune.
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby joe icepick on Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:59 am

FallenHero96 wrote:
joe icepick wrote:
FallenHero96 wrote:According to Russo, Pierre-Marc Bouchard is most likely going to be traded. Could be someone we are looking at.

Who is Russo?...I think we end up with Murray and Nystrom.

Sorry, it's Michael Russo, Minneapolis Star Tribune.

How is he on faceoffs and killing penaltys.
joe icepick
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby mikey287 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:12 am

Naturally, you could have looked at ice time and faceoff numbers to tell you that. But, as a fast, playmaking right wing, Bouchard does neither of those things. He's all offense. He can be an effective power play quarterback and/or point man.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby no name on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:19 am

Bouchard would be a intresting fit with Malkin and Neal. He is a good playmaker, but i believe he is a center and we got plenty of thoes.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby mikey287 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:23 am

As per the short post directly above yours, he's primarily a right wing.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pens_CT on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:28 am

mikey287 wrote:As per the short post directly above yours, he's primarily a right wing.

In your opinion does he fill a need on this team (Is he a better fit on the 3rd line instead of Kennedy)? I don't think he does, and would rather see them go after guys with more grit who would fit on the bottom 6, not sure PMB is the answer here.
Last edited by pens_CT on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
pens_CT
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby mikey287 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:33 am

No, he does not fill a role for this team unless people believe we need a power play dishmaster above all else. And this is coming from a guy who's had a Pierre-Marc Bouchard jersey for a long, long time. He's not what we're looking for unless we're gonna really try to win every playoff game 6-5.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pens_CT on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:38 am

Mikey- what would it take from the Pens to get Nystrom from the Stars? Would they be looking for prospect/pick, or a current roster player?
pens_CT
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby mikey287 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:53 am

Dallas likes him, he's played well. But it wouldn't take much. If there's a 5-team bidding war, you might have to give up a 2nd. Otherwise, a 3rd should do it.

Dallas is in the 8th spot, but given their prospect group, the playoffs aren't the "be-all, end-all" (this, according to their owner).
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby The Snapshot on Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:17 am

mikey287 wrote:Dallas likes him, he's played well. But it wouldn't take much. If there's a 5-team bidding war, you might have to give up a 2nd. Otherwise, a 3rd should do it.

Dallas is in the 8th spot, but given their prospect group, the playoffs aren't the "be-all, end-all" (this, according to their owner).

He'd be a very nice get. Perfect 4th line guy pushing 3rd line players as well. He is the element that we need, whether it is his jersey or someone like him.

I'd obviously love Morrow from the Stars as well, but he doesn't add the speed that Nystrom does.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby The Snapshot on Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:58 am

Bargain shopping in the West for 3rd/4th liners or 6th D for the playoffs:

What about Steve Begin from Calgary?

I wonder if someone like Brandon Bollig, Jamal Mayers or Stu Bickel can be had from Chicago with Carcillo back and young guys like Shaw, Hayes and Saad pressing for icetime?

In Columbus, with Bobrosky playing so well on a one year, do they still move some pending UFAs like McKenzie or Boll?

Detroit has Brunner ending his deal and he will want a raise as will Filppula. Does that mean Drew Miller might be available for a team with young D ready to help their aging backline - or possibly Filppula?

How about Ryan Jones in Edmonton?

In LA, do they consider moving Scuderi with so many young RFAs and a few other UFAs coming due next year?

Nashville has Brandon Yip and Scott Hannan coming up as UFAs. Could they be interested in some youth for their backline?

Phoenix has Kyle Chipchura turning UFA along with most of their bottom 6 forwards. Could he be had?

Does Vancouver, who has a 10 Forwards coming due for deals move someone like Max Lapierre or possibly Mason Raymond who may look for a raise?
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby mikey287 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:19 pm

Bollig is more of an enforcer type...and Stu Bickel plays for the Rangers (well, he did, until he was waived...we'll find out momentarily if he cleared, I suspect so...he doesn't belong in the NHL [edit: he did]). Either way, that's just a matter of moving Engelland to wing, problem solved there. I doubt the Blackhawks are looking lose to grit or make any roster subtractions considering their record. Even with the caveat that you mentioned, it just seems unnecessary to give a potential SC finalist NHL pieces.

They can't move Scuderi with Mitchell and Greene out of the lineup. Scuderi is already doing too much lifting for the team. They can't reasonably move him, IMO.

Yip is Kennedy but way, way worse. So, pass. Hannan blows, he's been lost for the last couple years it seems. If we're gonna go for someone like him, I'd rather take my chances on Regehr.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pens_CT on Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:45 pm

Mikey, Is Jack Skille a 3rd/4th line candidate? I know that Tallon drafted him in the 1st round when he was with the Blackhawks and might not want to move him, but is he a fit here?
pens_CT
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby MRandall25 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:53 pm

According to RDS, the Pens, Bruins, and Blackhawks are among the teams on Iginla's list.

However, it's going to take at least an established NHL'er and 1st round pick.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby The Snapshot on Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:54 pm

mikey287 wrote:Bollig is more of an enforcer type...and Stu Bickel plays for the Rangers (well, he did, until he was waived...we'll find out momentarily if he cleared, I suspect so...he doesn't belong in the NHL [edit: he did]). Either way, that's just a matter of moving Engelland to wing, problem solved there. I doubt the Blackhawks are looking lose to grit or make any roster subtractions considering their record. Even with the caveat that you mentioned, it just seems unnecessary to give a potential SC finalist NHL pieces.

They can't move Scuderi with Mitchell and Greene out of the lineup. Scuderi is already doing too much lifting for the team. They can't reasonably move him, IMO.

Yip is Kennedy but way, way worse. So, pass. Hannan blows, he's been lost for the last couple years it seems. If we're gonna go for someone like him, I'd rather take my chances on Regehr.

Obviously mean Brian Bickell not Stu, Brain cramp.

I like Yip, and he plays pretty well in the Nashville system. He is much larger than Kennedy and I would only think of him as 4th line. He is vastly better than Glass at creating something, anything.

I would prefer Glencross or Iginla for 3rd line duty, but the price may be very high. Regehr is another great target, but we will be bidding.

I'm just looking at guys who may not cost much and who could add to the 4th line in terms of energy and speed over Glass and a possible healthy scratch veteran D (other than Scuderi who would be playing every night) that may be preferable in small doses to having Bortuzzo in the Playoffs - especially since he has been sitting out for so long now.
Last edited by The Snapshot on Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby mikey287 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:55 pm

Re: Skille

Yes he is, in fact, he's all too perfect for this team. He's fast, he works hard, he has a good shot and his hockey sense is very iffy...so, basically, like all of our players except he's RHS. Hmm...this guy sounds familiar...

He'd either be one of our patented "grass is always greener" wishes to replace Kennedy, or he'd inject some pizzazz onto the fourth line. The latter would be ideal. Skille would get some speed on the bottom line. Unfortunately, it's a RWer, so the board becomes sad that it doesn't replace Glass in the process.

The more and more I think about it, maybe we should upgrade the left side of the third line because Sutter is a righty. But that's only because I don't hate Kennedy like most...

But yes, good addition to the thread idea-wise, thinking outside the box a little bit. Jack Skille would fit this team just fine, but as you note, he's one of Tallon's guys and it's tough to get one of Tallon's guys...
Last edited by mikey287 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby mikey287 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:03 pm

The Snapshot wrote:
mikey287 wrote:Bollig is more of an enforcer type...and Stu Bickel plays for the Rangers (well, he did, until he was waived...we'll find out momentarily if he cleared, I suspect so...he doesn't belong in the NHL [edit: he did]). Either way, that's just a matter of moving Engelland to wing, problem solved there. I doubt the Blackhawks are looking lose to grit or make any roster subtractions considering their record. Even with the caveat that you mentioned, it just seems unnecessary to give a potential SC finalist NHL pieces.

I like Yip, and he plays pretty well in the Nashville system. He is much larger than Kennedy and I would only think of him as 4th line. He is vastly better than Glass at creating something, anything.

I would prefer Glencross or Iginla for 3rd line duty, but the price may be very high. Regehr is another great target, but we will be bidding.

I'm just looking at guys who may not cost much and who could add to the 4th line in terms of energy and speed over Glass and a possible healthy scratch veteran D that may be preferable in small doses to having Bortuzzo in the Playoffs - especially since he has been sitting out for so long now.

Ha. The brain cramp is on my end, as I didn't even think about Bryan Bickell! I, for one, like Bryan Bickell, I think he'd be a good upgrade to this team, I love his shot. I don't think he's available at all. I think he's one of the better kept secrets in the NHL actually. Not a star by any means, but I like him as a complimentary depth player.

I've always hated Yip, I think he stinks. But maybe I'm just not giving him a fair chance. I don't see him as much of an upgrade on Glass personally, maybe his shooting...but not really worth acquiring...

I don't think GlenX gets moved, they like him there. But who knows...Calgary is horrendously managed.

And yeah, my responses aren't meant to put down the ideas, I'm just trying to give my opinion on the players or on behalf of the other teams because on a Penguins board, not too many people watch other teams and the West and all that (n'at?) so I'm just commenting for conversation...most of these players are good ideas, even if it's only because it's not Iginla/Clowe talk...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby The Snapshot on Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:08 pm

mikey287 wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:

I'm just looking at guys who may not cost much and who could add to the 4th line in terms of energy and speed over Glass and a possible healthy scratch veteran D that may be preferable in small doses to having Bortuzzo in the Playoffs - especially since he has been sitting out for so long now.

Ha. The brain cramp is on my end, as I didn't even think about Bryan Bickell! I, for one, like Bryan Bickell, I think he'd be a good upgrade to this team, I love his shot. I don't think he's available at all. I think he's one of the better kept secrets in the NHL actually. Not a star by any means, but I like him as a complimentary depth player.

I've always hated Yip, I think he stinks. But maybe I'm just not giving him a fair chance. I don't see him as much of an upgrade on Glass personally, maybe his shooting...but not really worth acquiring...

I don't think GlenX gets moved, they like him there. But who knows...Calgary is horrendously managed.

And yeah, my responses aren't meant to put down the ideas, I'm just trying to give my opinion on the players or on behalf of the other teams because on a Penguins board, not too many people watch other teams and the West and all that (n'at?) so I'm just commenting for conversation...most of these players are good ideas, even if it's only because it's not Iginla/Clowe talk...

Yeah, and I was just trying to post some real bargain basement ideas to improve on Glass, which isn't hard. The Chicago idea would be more of a "Hockey trade" because I agree that he would be coveted for his size, but they have some money committed and some young kids with size and even more skill than him. It would be a call I would make as a GM and it very well could end with an emphatic "NO" because I agree he is a great depth guy.

I don't know about Yip, because when I watch him play he creates issues for the other team. Then again, I see that as my review of Kennedy. I actually appreciate TK for what he is.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby The Snapshot on Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:10 pm

Mikey what do you think of Derek MacKenzie in Columbus for the 4th line role? I also think Boll can play a little more than the average enforcer, and once again - play a lot more than Glass.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Rylan on Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:12 pm

Hey mikey why don't you just post your dossiers online and save yourself time :pop:
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pens_CT on Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:14 pm

MRandall25 wrote:According to RDS, the Pens, Bruins, and Blackhawks are among the teams on Iginla's list.

However, it's going to take at least an established NHL'er and 1st round pick.

Not sure what established NHL'er means, that could include Kennedy for all we know :) . If you have Pens, Bruins and Blackhawks on the list good luck in getting much off their current NHL roster. All of these guys are near the top of the standings and aren't looking to break things up for a 35 year old who probably doesn't resign with his new team next year.
pens_CT
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby The Snapshot on Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:15 pm

Rylan wrote:Hey mikey why don't you just post your dossiers online and save yourself time :pop:

Please make it easily searchable and allow for infinite "what-if" scenarios and cap implications. I have too much to do running this **** to scout Steve Begin...... :lol: :lol:
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Rylan on Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:20 pm

The Snapshot wrote:
Rylan wrote:Hey mikey why don't you just post your dossiers online and save yourself time :pop:

Please make it easily searchable and allow for infinite "what-if" scenarios and cap implications. I have too much to do running this **** to scout Steve Begin...... :lol: :lol:

:lol: mikey needs interns.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby mikey287 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:37 pm

The Snapshot wrote:Mikey what do you think of Derek MacKenzie in Columbus for the 4th line role? I also think Boll can play a little more than the average enforcer, and once again - play a lot more than Glass.

Mac does good for his limited skillset. He works hard every shift because that's the only way he'll stay in the league. Really good fourth line guy, I've heard nothing but good things about his character and locker room presence. He'd be in direct competition with Glass, but also Adams for a roster spot. Good in the dot too. Hits everything.

Boll is another guy. ("Steigy! He's a boll-ing ball out there! Steigy, did you get it? Because he bolls out punishment to the competition! :face: ). He can play a pretty rugged brand of hockey at ES and not get caught with his pants down...tough customer. Boll could find a corner even if he lived in a snow globe...

Baxter! You know I don't speak French...

Rylan wrote::lol: mikey needs interns.

Who do you think answers all these questions on here? "mikey" doesn't spend more than 15 minutes a week on here...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins