Trade Rumors 2013

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Trade Rumors 2013

Postby murphydump55 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:59 pm

nocera wrote:We can stop now. Iginla to Boston just reported by Mckenzie.

Uh? where?

Said nothing of the sort.
murphydump55
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Location: the real hockeyville and apparently a janitor from Eastern Canada LOL

Postby CERV96 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:59 pm

Scenario 1:

Mario/Burkle to Shero: Does this make us a better team with not giving that much up?

Shero: yes

Mario/Burkle: Do what you have to do.

Scenario 2

Mario/Burkle to Shero: Does this make us a better team with not giving that much up?

Shero: No

Mario/Burkle: Cary on!
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby KG on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:00 pm

sil wrote:Seems to me a lot of folks here think Iginla brings only scoring. Not sure why? He brings everything Morrow brings, only better.

Look...I like B. Morrow...I like that we have B. Morrow. I'm not flying off the deep end, saying Shero is an idiot and needs to be fired, but it seems everyone would rather blindly believe that Morrow is a better fit for the pens than Iginla based simply on the fact that he's who we have.

The price paid for Morrow was a high one, and the reported price to get a much better player in Iginla is an absurdly poor one. This, and this alone, is what bothers me. If it comes out tomorrow that BOS gave up that first and two actual prospects with high end potential, than this whole situation will not bother me in the least. If, however, it comes out that BOS did get Iginla for garbage prospects and a very late 1st, than it will continue to bother me for a long while.

The whole discussion about team chemistry and all-star status got this whole conversation way off the mark. I think Morrow will fit in very well here. I also think Iginla would've fit in very well here.

I get what you're saying. In other words, hopefully Joe Morrow isn't the best prospect traded in the Brendan Morrow/Iginla trade....Because if he was, we should have gotten Iginla...Don't disagree with that.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby nocera on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:00 pm

murphydump55 wrote:

Uh? where?

Watching the Coyotes/Wild game. They showed a graphic claiming Mckenzie reported it. We'll see I guess.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DocEmrick on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:01 pm

I'm on board about Joe Morrow, I didn't like giving him up anymore than you guys for a pure rental, but again the verdict is still out. Until Malkin plays with Morrow, I'm not going to over-react.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby sil on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:02 pm

KG wrote:
sil wrote:Seems to me a lot of folks here think Iginla brings only scoring. Not sure why? He brings everything Morrow brings, only better.

Look...I like B. Morrow...I like that we have B. Morrow. I'm not flying off the deep end, saying Shero is an idiot and needs to be fired, but it seems everyone would rather blindly believe that Morrow is a better fit for the pens than Iginla based simply on the fact that he's who we have.

The price paid for Morrow was a high one, and the reported price to get a much better player in Iginla is an absurdly poor one. This, and this alone, is what bothers me. If it comes out tomorrow that BOS gave up that first and two actual prospects with high end potential, than this whole situation will not bother me in the least. If, however, it comes out that BOS did get Iginla for garbage prospects and a very late 1st, than it will continue to bother me for a long while.

The whole discussion about team chemistry and all-star status got this whole conversation way off the mark. I think Morrow will fit in very well here. I also think Iginla would've fit in very well here.

I get what you're saying. In other words, hopefully Joe Morrow isn't the best prospect traded in the Brendan Morrow/Iginla trade....Because if he was, we should have gotten Iginla...Don't disagree with that.

And I do think he was. You could actually go searching for a post I made about two weeks or so before the draft a couple years ago. I said outright that I wanted Joe Morrow. I like everything he brings to a team.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby sil on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:03 pm

IF, what was reported BOS is giving up is true. Kocklachev and some no name. Oof.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby MRandall25 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:03 pm

nocera wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:

Uh? where?

Watching the Coyotes/Wild game. They showed a graphic claiming Mckenzie reported it. We'll see I guess.

No, he hasn't. He hasn't tweeted anything in 45 minutes.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby KG on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:03 pm

“@SpectorsHockey: TSN's @TSNBobMcKenzie & @DarrenDreger reporting Iginla deal not done. "Lots of moving parts" on this one. See ya tomorrow morning, folks.”
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby columbia on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:03 pm

Lol...that seems like a weak return.
Maybe he only wanted Bos all along.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby nocera on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:04 pm

KG wrote:“@SpectorsHockey: TSN's @TSNBobMcKenzie & @DarrenDreger reporting Iginla deal not done. "Lots of moving parts" on this one. See ya tomorrow morning, folks.”

I blame Phoenix's broadcast.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby supermario on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:04 pm

If Iggy does end up in Boston he will be able to renew his "friendship" with Morrow in the eastern conference. Morrow has been a thorn in Iginla's side for years. They have had the mitts off a few times. Maybe part of Shero's plan :twisted:
supermario
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby FreeCandy44 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:04 pm

#PodiumWatch?
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby murphydump55 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:05 pm

DocEmrick wrote:
pens#1 wrote:We don't need him but it wouldn't hurt and it wouldn't hurt us if he wasn't in Boston. Not an attack. Just love the trade talk

Sure, wouldn't hurt. But given Boston's defensive lapse as of recent, and the declining play of the immobile Chara it might not even matter if they never see the second round.

They just gave up 5 goals to Montreal who played last night and definitely haven't looked as strong as they were earlier in the season. However, Bill Dauterive from King of the Hill is a great coach that can make some great in game adjustments.

murphydump55
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby BleuLineLady on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:05 pm

If this is an "arms" race to the trade deadline between Boston and Pittsburgh, I think we know Shero is still going to make another trade, but who? Who else is available who would add to this team from the forward position? Do they trade Kennedy and replace him with an upgrade on the 3rd line?
BleuLineLady
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Kovy27 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:05 pm

columbia wrote:Lol...that seems like a weak return.
Maybe he only wanted Bos all along.

Extremely terrible return, imo. We could have gave them 3 players who are ready now. LOL.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby tunez33 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:06 pm

shero comes out of nowhere and picks up iginla
tunez33
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby murphydump55 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:06 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
nocera wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:

Uh? where?

I was watching him live when this post came up claiming it was reported by McKenzie.....yet there he was sitting there live claiming nothing is official and an announcement isn't expected tonight.
murphydump55
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby MRandall25 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:07 pm

I don't care if we get Iginla or not. We're a great team without him. We don't need him.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby nocera on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:08 pm

murphydump55 wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
nocera wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:

Uh? where?

I was watching him live when this post came up claiming it was reported by McKenzie.....yet there he was sitting there live claiming nothing is official and an announcement isn't expected tonight.

My bad. Just saw it on Phoenix's broadcast reporting it as if it was a done deal. Looks like they jumped the gun
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby sil on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:09 pm

MRandall25 wrote:I don't care if we get Iginla or not. We're a great team without him. We don't need him.

All of this is true, but it also won't make me feel any better if BOS takes Iginla all the way to the cup, and we shipped away Joe Morrow for nuttin. That scenario would haunt me for a good long while.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby MRandall25 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:09 pm

sil wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:I don't care if we get Iginla or not. We're a great team without him. We don't need him.

All of this is true, but it also won't make me feel any better if BOS takes Iginla all the way to the cup, and we shipped away Joe Morrow for nuttin. That scenario would haunt me for a good long while.

With how we've played against Boston and how they've played recently, how does Iginla make them better? Does Iginla prevent goals?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby KG on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:10 pm

Depends on what the price for Iginla is...If the Bruins got him for a mediocre package, I'll be annoyed.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby nocera on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:11 pm

Joe Morrow is the new Angelo Esposito.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby lemieuxReturns on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:11 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
sil wrote:

With how we've played against Boston and how they've played recently, how does Iginla make them better? Does Iginla prevent goals?

Prevent goals? Have you seen any of the last ten games?
lemieuxReturns
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins