The beat goes on and on and ...

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: The beat goes on and on and ...

Postby jayv8227 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:47 pm

newarenanow wrote:
meow wrote:What a reason to hate a guy. "I don't like his face!"

Actually, I get what he means. There are just some people that have a face that you just want to go up and punch. There was someone I worked with that was like that. Nice person. But for some reason, when I looked at them, I just wanted to punch them. If he wore a ski mask, I'd probably find hanging out with him enjoyable.

And I get along with everyone.

I've said this repeatedly about Hines Ward....
jayv8227
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby mikey287 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:49 pm

Franchise celebrates one of the most famed divers ever: Bill Barber. Complains about a non-diver in Crosby. Crosby knows how to get calls, but he doesn't out and out dive like Barber did...even Gretzky could be pinned for out-right diving on multiple occasions...whole lot about nothin'...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby meow on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:49 pm

Geez, I didn't know we were all still in 3rd grade. You guys are starting to make me second guess my inability to not like someone based off how stupid their face looks.
meow
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Froggy on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:50 pm

Troy Loney wrote:
shmenguin wrote:i don't think crosby was ever a "diver". he embellished, and still does. but never "dove". i think the list of actual divers in the NHL is pretty small.

I think one needs to watch that Marchand video to see what a diver is.

Or the Ribiero video from a few years ago, or ovechkin from last week. Or any soccer game ever
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby penny lane on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:52 pm

I blame hitchock, but he sure changed his tune in Vancouver at the olympics.

Last week I saw redwood, E Staal go down easy... if they think they'll the 2 mins pp, all do it.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby TrueNorth on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:59 pm

penny lane wrote:http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/03/07/wips-glen-macnow-crosby-looks-like-hes-always-going-to-cry/

When asked to explain Flyers’ fans disdain for Sidney Crosby, Glen explained that Crosby’s appearance is a major contributing factor.

“He does have that expression that looks like he’s always going to cry,” Macnow said. “It’s a Tony Romo, Eli Manning kind of whiny-crybaby-hate-the-face kind of guy, and as much as you guys admire Sidney Crosby and those cups and all that, I believe even you would admit — the man is known to take a dive.”

S O S I'd a victory, but I'd love to see Flower, Evgeni, and Sid dominate.

I, too, would love to see them dominate. I’m hoping for domination without decompensation.
TrueNorth
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Tico Rick on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:08 pm

I blame Ken Hitchcock. He did a masterful job of brainwashing the Philly fans and media about Crosby's so-called diving. Hitler was right when talking about "the big lie" - say it often enough to enough people, and people will believe you.
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Guinness on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:14 pm

Tico Rick wrote:I blame Ken Hitchcock. He did a masterful job of brainwashing the Philly fans and media about Crosby's so-called diving. Hitler was right when talking about "the big lie" - say it often enough to enough people, and people will believe you.

Is it really a matter of 'mastery' when it comes to "brain"washing Philly fans? Isn't it really little more than giving public air to some erroneous but prejudicial bias, then sitting back and watch the swarm of ninnies nod in agreement?
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Froggy on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:15 pm

i really hate the fact that the national hockey media is pretty much owned by the flyers' parent company, and employs announcers that are either employed by pittsburgh's direct rivals, or disgruntled former staff members.

not saying it's a conspiracy, or anything. i just wish that hockey was like the NFL in respect to its central broadcasts, where you have one consistent voice throughout. Way too many different agendas in hockey broadcasts. They do a terrible job of showing their star players in a good light. worse than any professional sport.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby canaan on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:18 pm

look at this turd:

he looks like a strange brew reject.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby legame on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:18 pm

newarenanow wrote:
meow wrote:What a reason to hate a guy. "I don't like his face!"

Actually, I get what he means. There are just some people that have a face that you just want to go up and punch. There was someone I worked with that was like that. Nice person. But for some reason, when I looked at them, I just wanted to punch them. If he wore a ski mask, I'd probably find hanging out with him enjoyable.

And I get along with everyone.

legame
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:22 pm

meow wrote:Geez, I didn't know we were all still in 3rd grade. You guys are starting to make me second guess my inability to not like someone based off how stupid their face looks.

You probably have a punchable face.

I'm definitely strong in the belief that there are people with punchable faces and that it is a good reason to dislike them.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:35 pm

The Flyers top line currently consists of three gingers, Hartnell, Giroux, and Voracek. Talk about guys you want to punch in the face.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Beveridge on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:38 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
meow wrote:Geez, I didn't know we were all still in 3rd grade. You guys are starting to make me second guess my inability to not like someone based off how stupid their face looks.

I'm definitely strong in the belief that there are people with punchable faces and that it is a good reason to dislike them.

See: Rivers, Phillip
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby newarenanow on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:41 pm

Only people with stupid, punchable faces say stuff like this.

:pop:

j/k
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby meow on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:42 pm

Beveridge wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:

See: Rivers, Phillip

My mother always told me I was special. The Phillip Rivers comment, I can actually see. Maybe I haven't devoted enough time to thinking about punching people in the face. Will rectify and report back.
meow
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby meow on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:43 pm

newarenanow wrote:

j/k

So people with punchable faces do not think about punching other people's faces?
meow
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Kaizer on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:44 pm

i agree with him about eli manning.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Beveridge on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:45 pm

IN THE FACE
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby newarenanow on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:45 pm

meow wrote:
newarenanow wrote:

j/k

So people with punchable faces do not think about punching other people's faces?

I never said that. I sometimes think about punching people peoples faces that have non-punchable faces. And I'm sure people punchable faces do the same. I even think that people with punchable faces think about punching other punchable faced people as well.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:46 pm

meow wrote:
newarenanow wrote:

j/k

I never said that. I sometimes think about punching people peoples faces that have non-punchable faces. And I'm sure people punchable faces do the same. I even think that people with punchable faces think about punching other punchable faced people as well.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby meow on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:46 pm

newarenanow wrote:
meow wrote:
newarenanow wrote:

j/k

Sounds like I have some soul searching and face punching to do
meow
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:48 pm

meow wrote:My mother always told me I was special. The Phillip Rivers comment, I can actually see. Maybe I haven't devoted enough time to thinking about punching people in the face. Will rectify and report back.

I am Idoit40fans and I approve of this message.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:49 pm

newarenanow wrote:
meow wrote:
newarenanow wrote:

j/k

This is spot-on.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:19 pm

meow wrote:Sounds like I have some soul searching and face punching to do

:thumb:
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext