Pens player comments in the media

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Pens player comments in the media

Postby Penspal on Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:42 pm

Its been an interesting year so far with respect to some of the comments that Pens players have said.

For instance, typically when a Pen's player comments on Sid or Geno, they always give props to the other. Recent comments in articles today by D pairing Nisky-Eaton were that Sid stands alone as the best player. I do not disagree, but its a little bit of a change from the past. How will this affect Geno? Hopefully it motivates him.

Another interesting comment made earlier this year which is relevant for tonight's game vs. Philly - Glass calling Briere "dirty". Briere's "Maybe we played on playstation..." response was one of the best I've heard in a while.

Orpik has always been vocal, lately about team defense. If his how to fix team defense quotes were "I/me" rather that "we/us" I'd think he would be closer to the truth. Better Orpik play will do wonders for this team.

The long and short of it is that while the Pens still give out "stock hockey" answers, the quotes given seems to be a little less guarded than year's past. Anyone else feel this way?
Penspal
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Pens player comments in the media

Postby Beveridge on Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:46 pm

Actions speak louder than words.

Thanks pbs :thumb:
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Pavel Bure on Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:48 pm

I swear we as fans have it so good that we are grasping at anything to complain about/make a point about.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Malkamaniac on Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:50 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:I swear we as fans have it so good that we are grasping at anything to complain about/make a point about.

I felt the same when reading through this. This is how people have come to believe they've seen Jesus in their mashed potatoes.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby canaan on Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:21 pm

youve never seen our lord and savior in a pile of your mashies, brah?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Gaucho on Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:26 pm

I once saw a cloud that looked like J. Wellington Wimpy.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Big Easy Pens Fan on Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:44 pm

I once saw a cloud that looked like a UFO. Or maybe it was a UFO that looked like a cloud. Now I'm not sure. :face:

BEPF
Big Easy Pens Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Penspal on Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:40 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:I swear we as fans have it so good that we are grasping at anything to complain about/make a point about.

Well certainly no complaint, just a Pens related discussion that I found ..... interesting. Its a discussion board after all. However, to your point about my point, not many other see a point in discussing it, so.... what's the point?

Pavel - Your location/comment is kinda sexist don't you think? (EDITED: to point out its a player's comment, not yours in a thread about player comments)
Penspal
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Pavel Bure on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:16 pm

Penspal wrote:

Well certainly no complaint, just a Pens related discussion that I found ..... interesting. Its a discussion board after all. However, to your point about my point, not many other see a point in discussing it, so.... what's the point?

Pavel - Your location/comment is kinda sexist don't you think? (EDITED: to point out its a player's comment, not yours in a thread about player comments)

What?
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby IMFC on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:54 pm

Penspal wrote:

What's wrong with being sexy?
IMFC
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins