From Now On

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

From Now On

Postby Fire0nice228 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:07 pm

I admit to being a negative nancy lately, and I do believe that the Pens have some issues that need addressed with regards to personnel and coaching decisions, but for me, from now on,

Never. Give. Up.

Lets Go Pens
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: From Now On

Postby murphydump55 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:17 pm

Fire0nice228 wrote:I admit to being a negative nancy lately, and I do believe that the Pens have some issues that need addressed with regards to personnel and coaching decisions, but for me, from now on,

Never. Give. Up.

Lets Go Pens

I still can't believe that Byslma had his dmen stretch passing THAT late in a game, while protecting a lead against a team that dominated the faceoff circle.

Two unforced icings because of horrible systems and coaching. Really? Stretch passing that late in a game from our OWN goaline while trying to protect a lead? Those icings were the sole reason for the Bruins pressure at end. Absolutely could have been avoided, and these are the simple things that Bylsma NEEDS to figure out.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Kovy27 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:20 pm

murphydump55 wrote:
Fire0nice228 wrote:I admit to being a negative nancy lately, and I do believe that the Pens have some issues that need addressed with regards to personnel and coaching decisions, but for me, from now on,

Never. Give. Up.

Lets Go Pens

I still can't believe that Byslma had his dmen stretch passing THAT late in a game, while protecting a lead against a team that dominated the faceoff circle.

Two unforced icings because of horrible systems and coaching. Really? Stretch passing that late in a game from our OWN goaline while trying to protect a lead? Those icings were the sole reason for the Bruins pressure at end. Absolutely could have been avoided, and these are the simple things that Bylsma NEEDS to figure out.

OH PLEASE STOP WITH YOUR BYLSMA HAAAAAAAAAATE! WE GET IT.

Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Bioshock on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:23 pm

murphydump55 wrote:

Never. Give. Up.

Lets Go Pens

You must be the most unhappy person in real life...
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Kovy27 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:28 pm

Bioshock wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:

Never. Give. Up.

Lets Go Pens

He does live in Canada.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby X-JR on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:30 pm

Dude needs to take a break. Not hugged enuff as a kid?
X-JR

Postby llipgh2 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:31 pm

I will continue to complain because they have won and staged amazing comebacks when I do. :lol:
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby X-JR on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:33 pm

How many different threads do u plan on posting the same complaint in? Are you looking for your stapler too?
X-JR

Postby Big Easy Pens Fan on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:04 pm

Never. Give. Up.

Lets Go Pens

I always have to keep telling myself those three words. The Penguins believe it, why shouldn't we? :thumb:

BEPF
Big Easy Pens Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby murphydump55 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:15 pm

Kovy27 wrote:
Bioshock wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:

Never. Give. Up.

Lets Go Pens

He does live in Canada.

Where should I live? The USA where people are shooting each other everyday? Where people walk around with automatic weapons and kill multiple people at a time? Where I'd have to pay for health care?

Canada is a great place and there's zero reason to be unhappy here. I take great offense to your ignorance.

This isn't a pee wee team. This is a professional hockey team that is supposed to be coached by a professional coach. These mistakes should not happen at this level. Bylsma constantly makes it tough on this team, rather than helping them. Yes the wins are there, but the wins were there last year going into the playoffs too and what happened?

We need to clean it up and it starts with Bylsma.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby FreeCandy44 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:16 pm

Foed
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PghSkins on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:38 pm

Snoozed
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Mongoose87 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:46 pm

X-JR wrote:How many different threads do u plan on posting the same complaint in? Are you looking for your stapler too?

I am allowed to listen to the radio at a reasonable volume between the hours of nine and ten.
Mongoose87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby CERV96 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:48 pm

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but nothing is going to be all sunshine and rainbows all the time. You are not going to go 64-0-0.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby The Snapshot on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Mongoose87 wrote:
X-JR wrote:How many different threads do u plan on posting the same complaint in? Are you looking for your stapler too?

I am allowed to listen to the radio at a reasonable volume between the hours of nine and ten.

The last time I did not get a piece of cake...
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Froggy on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:50 pm

still, don't come into a thread all about positivity and crap on it. especially after a win.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Nizzy on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:55 pm

I'm still shocked how Mark Eaton is on this team again, let alone getting all this playing time over Despres.

To be fair, Mark has been way better than Engelland. Engelland should be benched until there's an injury
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Pitts on Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:09 am

murphydump55 wrote:I still can't believe that Byslma had his dmen stretch passing THAT late in a game, while protecting a lead against a team that dominated the faceoff circle.

Did you ever stop to think that just maybe Bylsma DID NOT instruct the d-men to make such plays? It is entirely possible that the player had a brain-fart all on their own.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby farnham16 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:13 am

Pitts wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:I still can't believe that Byslma had his dmen stretch passing THAT late in a game, while protecting a lead against a team that dominated the faceoff circle.

Did you ever stop to think that just maybe Bylsma DID NOT instruct the d-men to make such plays? It is entirely possible that the player had a brain-fart all on their own.

I'm as critical on Bylsma as anyone, but I highly doubt Bylsma told Orpik to throw the puck down the ice like that. That was just a dumb play by him.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby JoseCuervo on Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:18 am

murphydump55 wrote:This isn't a pee wee team. This is a professional hockey team that is supposed to be coached by a professional coach. These mistakes should not happen at this level. Bylsma constantly makes it tough on this team, rather than helping them. Yes the wins are there, but the wins were there last year going into the playoffs too and what happened?

What team do you coach, again? HCDB certainly has a few flaws, but how are you comparing this team to a pee wee team? Mistakes happen all the time at this level.

Spoiler:
Heads will explode when Bylsma is coaching the US olympic team next year.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Desiato on Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:28 am

I think people are too sensitive about being positive. The truth is that despite their good record, an objective argument can be made that then Penguins, as a team, have not consistently played in a way that is typically required to be successful in the playoffs. It seems this has been an issue for at least two of the past three seasons. Some argue the past three.

What is the root of the cause? It is impossible for any of us to prove. That's why we have discussions based on our opinions. Who cares if I think Bylsma is the problem? I don't see him being replaced this year, so I hope as much as anyone else I'm wrong.

Why do I post about it? Because I'm concerned about it. Like most of you, for some reason I cannot explain, I care about the performance of a professional hockey team. For some, possibly dumb, reason, I invest time and energy following them and analyzing their performance.

I don't see a problem with a civil hockey discussion. Hating on alleged haters is what's dumb and creates true negativity.
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Guinness on Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:45 am

murphydump55 wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:
Bioshock wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:

Never. Give. Up.

Lets Go Pens

He does live in Canada.

Where should I live? The USA where people are shooting each other everyday? Where people walk around with automatic weapons and kill multiple people at a time? Where I'd have to pay for health care?

Canada is a great place and there's zero reason to be unhappy here. I take great offense to your ignorance.

This isn't a pee wee team. This is a professional hockey team that is supposed to be coached by a professional coach. These mistakes should not happen at this level. Bylsma constantly makes it tough on this team, rather than helping them. Yes the wins are there, but the wins were there last year going into the playoffs too and what happened?

It's all starting to make sense, now.

:lol:
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Kovy27 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:56 am

murphydump55 wrote:

Ignorance? Did you happen to see your first paragraph...yeah, that's all.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Beveridge on Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:26 am

By your reasoning, murphydump, no coach could coach this team. Mistakes are going to happen big and small no matter who is in charge on the bench.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Matthew Monstar on Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:33 am

Nizzy wrote:I'm still shocked how Mark Eaton is on this team again, let alone getting all this playing time over Despres.

To be fair, Mark has been way better than Engelland. Engelland should be benched until there's an injury

I was very nervous every time a puck was dumped into Eaton's corner. He can barely muster up enough speed to avoid being destroyed.

Definitely a head scratcher as Despres provides escapability, toughness, offense and so on.

Feels great to see a glimpse of our "cardiac kids" once more. They were pushing so hard and checking everything!
Matthew Monstar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins