From Now On

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: From Now On

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:40 am

murphydumped all over this thread.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Froggy on Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:09 am

emphasis on the dump
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kovy27 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:10 am

LOL @ Froggy's location
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pavel Bure on Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:16 am

murphydump55 wrote:Where should I live? The USA where people are shooting each other everyday? Where people walk around with automatic weapons and kill multiple people at a time? Where I'd have to pay for health care?

Canada is a great place and there's zero reason to be unhappy here. I take great offense to your ignorance.

This isn't a pee wee team. This is a professional hockey team that is supposed to be coached by a professional coach. These mistakes should not happen at this level. Bylsma constantly makes it tough on this team, rather than helping them. Yes the wins are there, but the wins were there last year going into the playoffs too and what happened?

We need to clean it up and it starts with Bylsma.

Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby newarenanow on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:01 am

Fire0nice228 wrote:I admit to being a negative nancy lately, and I do believe that the Pens have some issues that need addressed with regards to personnel and coaching decisions, but for me, from now on,

Never. Give. Up.

Lets Go Pens

Were you sitting behind me at the game? :D

The whole time, these two guys, had to be around 20 or so, just ripped the Pens the ENTIRE game. I thought listening to their comentary (they never shut up), that I was at a 2002-2003 Pens game. And anytime TK or Martin was around the puck, no matter what, they did were wrong with what they did. Then we end up winning and they were saying that they knew the Pens would come back and everyone was good again.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:08 am

murphydump55 wrote:Where should I live? The USA where people are shooting each other everyday? Where people walk around with automatic weapons and kill multiple people at a time? Where I'd have to pay for health care?

Canada is a great place and there's zero reason to be unhappy here. I take great offense to your ignorance.

This isn't a pee wee team. This is a professional hockey team that is supposed to be coached by a professional coach. These mistakes should not happen at this level. Bylsma constantly makes it tough on this team, rather than helping them. Yes the wins are there, but the wins were there last year going into the playoffs too and what happened?

We need to clean it up and it starts with Bylsma.

Can we pin this?
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Fire0nice228 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:41 am

Desiato wrote: The truth is that despite their good record, an objective argument can be made that then Penguins, as a team, have not consistently played in a way that is typically required to be successful in the playoffs. It seems this has been an issue for at least two of the past three seasons. Some argue the past three.

What is the root of the cause? It is impossible for any of us to prove. That's why we have discussions based on our opinions. Who cares if I think Bylsma is the problem? I don't see him being replaced this year, so I hope as much as anyone else I'm wrong.

Why do I post about it? Because I'm concerned about it. Like most of you, for some reason I cannot explain, I care about the performance of a professional hockey team. For some, possibly dumb, reason, I invest time and energy following them and analyzing their performance.

I don't see a problem with a civil hockey discussion. Hating on alleged haters is what's dumb and creates true negativity.

I just wanted to quote this, as this sums up what I personally feel much more eloquently than I have been able to speak it lately. I imagine many other posters do too. Blind optimism is just as bad as blind pessimism. The truth of the matter is we are all fans of a team that has the chance to be great, and to do great things, win championships for us to be entertained and excited about. We may have different opinions on the tweaks that need to be made, and there isn't anything wrong with having those opinions. Thats what this board is for. The bulk of negativity comes from the hating on one side or the other. The sarcasm. The little potshots. I myself have been guilty of this and all it really does is bring the board down and hurt the discussion amongst other fans. And that sucks.

The Pens didn't quit. They could have given up. Ownership and Management hasn't given up. They will do what they can to put the best team on the ice in their opinion, which, frankly, is worth way more than anyone on this board. We can discuss their decisions till were blue in the face, but they havn't given up. They are in it to win it.
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Froggy on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:48 am

civil discussion is a completely different animal then what certain people here do, and you guys know it.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Fire0nice228 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:52 am

Yes it is, and we should all take steps to change that tone.
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Mongoose87 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:56 am

I'd just like to speak for my Canadian friends and say most of them are only half that big of jerks.
Mongoose87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:27 pm

Disagreeing with someone does not equal hating. Its ok for someone to have a different opinion from you, and its ok for them to argue their opinion. Its not ok to be happy living in Canada though.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Shyster on Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:18 pm

C’mon guys, go easy on murphydump. I mean, as a Canadian, it can’t be easy to always wear plaid, eat nothing but Tim Hortons, and ride a moose to his job as a lumberjack or beaver skinner (unless he’s from Montreal, in which case he must be a stripper).
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins