Good news for the Pens

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Good news for the Pens

Postby The Current One on Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:46 pm

It looks like the Flyers will lose again tonight, and things aren't looking promising for them the playoffs. Of all the Eastern teams, I still think the Flyers would be the Pens toughest opponent come playoff time, and assuming they don't make the playoffs, I like the Pens chances much more of making it through the East. Boston would be very tough, but with a healthy Sid and Geno, I think the Chara factor is neutralized. Of course, both teams will probably look different after the trade deadline, and I'm hoping Shero is able to land a tough d-man, and possibly a Kulemin-type winger for the second line. Bennett has exceeded expectations, but having a rookie in a top-six role on a team with legitimate Stanley Cup aspirations is dicey. I think that line could benefit from a grinding, defensive presence, and Kulemin would fit the bill.
The Current One
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Good news for the Pens

Postby Pitt87 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:21 pm

Eh... Not sure you are thinking about this the right way. Philly is bad this year. Pens are 2-1 vs. PHI this year. NJ was in the SCF last year and looks better this year than last, IMO. Pens are 1-2 vs. NJ this year. Who would you rather see in the playoffs?

I don't think PHI can beat anyone in a 7 game series without trading most of their players and firing their coach.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Re: Good news for the Pens

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:30 pm

I think we would get whooped against the Flyers again in a 7 game series...again. I'll be glad when they don't make the playoffs. We seem to play disciplined against most every other team. I'm expecting a deep playoff run this year.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins