So I'm listening to PenguinsLive and it was just...

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

So I'm listening to PenguinsLive and it was just...

Postby Admin on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:31 am

...thrown out that Rob Rossi is close with Evgeni Malkin and is working on Malkin's biography. Is this common knowledge?
Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11,062
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:04 am

Re: So I'm listening to PenguinsLive and it was just...

Postby slappybrown on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:32 am

Yes
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,765
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:08 am
Location: Noted Board Henchman

Re: So I'm listening to PenguinsLive and it was just...

Postby Admin on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:33 am

When is this book being published?
Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11,062
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:04 am

Re: So I'm listening to PenguinsLive and it was just...

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:38 am

I was not aware of that. Interesting.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 58,094
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: So I'm listening to PenguinsLive and it was just...

Postby llipgh2 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:40 am

Geno needs new friends. :pop:
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,928
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:29 pm
Location: Gasp! The Clamboni!

Re: So I'm listening to PenguinsLive and it was just...

Postby PensFanInDC on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:43 am

Funny...I was just going to post "So I'm listening to PenguinsLive and this chick they have doing it this morning is terrible"
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 25,215
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:28 pm
Location: Fredneck

Re: So I'm listening to PenguinsLive and it was just...

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:44 am

Hopefully there is a good editor.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,629
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: So I'm listening to PenguinsLive and it was just...

Postby FLPensFan on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:46 am

llipgh2 wrote:Geno needs new friends. :pop:

Rossi must know a good pizza place. :)
FLPensFan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,244
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: Davie, Florida @RandomHockeyGuy

Re: So I'm listening to PenguinsLive and it was just...

Postby penny lane on Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:01 am

Last summer I remember tweets from R Rossi when in Russia.
Evgeni's escape from russian team, always read like a made for TV movie 8-)
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,878
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Have fun, kick butt!

Re: So I'm listening to PenguinsLive and it was just...

Postby TrueNorth on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:07 pm

llipgh2 wrote:Geno needs new friends. :pop:


:lol:
TrueNorth
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:36 pm

Re: So I'm listening to PenguinsLive and it was just...

Postby Rocco on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:10 pm

Good work by Rossi to find someone to help translate Rob's thoughts into English.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 36,336
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: So I'm listening to PenguinsLive and it was just...

Postby FreeCandy44 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:10 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:I was not aware of that. Interesting.

...
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,351
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: Nobody Loves Me, Neither Do I...

Re: So I'm listening to PenguinsLive and it was just...

Postby Shakes on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:15 pm

http://71malkin.com/


Geno tweeted this out a while back, which has Rossi's write-up and his status as biographer at the bottom.

I thought I had been incepted when I first read this.
Last edited by Shakes on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,906
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Re: So I'm listening to PenguinsLive and it was just...

Postby jcgopens on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:24 pm

I didn't hear the segment with Rossi, but I know he makes sure to throw out the fact that he is close with Geno every chance he gets.

I'm not sure who else on the Penguins team gives Rossi the time of day. For whatever reason, last year he was pulled off of the Penguins beat for a time.
jcgopens
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 461
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:58 pm

Re: So I'm listening to PenguinsLive and it was just...

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:51 pm

So he could work on his soul patch
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,421
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: So I'm listening to PenguinsLive and it was just...

Postby TrueNorth on Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:24 pm

jcgopens wrote:I didn't hear the segment with Rossi, but I know he makes sure to throw out the fact that he is close with Geno every chance he gets.

I'm not sure who else on the Penguins team gives Rossi the time of day. For whatever reason, last year he was pulled off of the Penguins beat for a time.


I believe Rossi’s temporary ouster as Penguins beat reporter had a lot to do with his critical comments about Sid during the dark days of his concussion. Specifically, he was upset that Sid was not making himself available to the media and providing more frequent updates on the status of his health.
TrueNorth
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:36 pm

Re: So I'm listening to PenguinsLive and it was just...

Postby penny lane on Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:26 pm

Rocco wrote:Good work by Rossi to find someone to help translate Rob's thoughts into English.

:lol: 8-) I laughed out loud!
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,878
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Have fun, kick butt!

Re: So I'm listening to PenguinsLive and it was just...

Postby Old Used Pylon on Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:53 pm

Earlier this week I got a kick out of Rossi spending a segment talking about how the Pens would be better off as a two seed than a one seed. He said the 1 seed matchup would most likely get Montreal or Boston and the 2 seed would get Carolina. ???? Did I miss the change in teams making the playoffs this year??? Probably Monday or Tuesday's show when he was hosting. Anyone else hear that insight?
Old Used Pylon
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:51 pm
Location: Alabama

Re: So I'm listening to PenguinsLive and it was just...

Postby Beveridge on Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:56 pm

Old Used Pylon wrote:Earlier this week I got a kick out of Rossi spending a segment talking about how the Pens would be better off as a two seed than a one seed. He said the 1 seed matchup would most likely get Montreal or Boston and the 2 seed would get Carolina. ???? Did I miss the change in teams making the playoffs this year??? Probably Monday or Tuesday's show when he was hosting. Anyone else hear that insight?



In the context of the top 4 teams advance to round 2, I get what he is saying.

However, in hockey, there is usually 1 "seed upset" every year in the first round. I would bank on it being Team x beating Carolina in this example so then Pens would get Habs or Bruins.

Besides, there is no easy road to the Stanley Cup.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,835
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:38 pm
Location: Punxsutawney

Re: So I'm listening to PenguinsLive and it was just...

Postby Old Used Pylon on Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:05 pm

Beveridge wrote:
Old Used Pylon wrote:Earlier this week I got a kick out of Rossi spending a segment talking about how the Pens would be better off as a two seed than a one seed. He said the 1 seed matchup would most likely get Montreal or Boston and the 2 seed would get Carolina. ???? Did I miss the change in teams making the playoffs this year??? Probably Monday or Tuesday's show when he was hosting. Anyone else hear that insight?



In the context of the top 4 teams advance to round 2, I get what he is saying.

However, in hockey, there is usually 1 "seed upset" every year in the first round. I would bank on it being Team x beating Carolina in this example so then Pens would get Habs or Bruins.

Besides, there is no easy road to the Stanley Cup.


I had the chance to listen to that part twice. I don't think he was talking about down the line. I think he just had a brain fart. Sometimes it seems the hosts have slightly too much time to kill. I did really enjoy Metzer, although I don't do the fantasy.
Old Used Pylon
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 446
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:51 pm
Location: Alabama

Re: So I'm listening to PenguinsLive and it was just...

Postby no name on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:16 pm

I will read it, read Jagrs when i was a kid. Would love to learn more about Geno, i remember reading about him meeting Sid and mario at his house for the first time.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,141
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:19 pm

Re: So I'm listening to PenguinsLive and it was just...

Postby jcgopens on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:16 am

I am listening to Penguins 24/7 and there is nothing more painful than Mike Pirsuta and Katie O'Malley. Katie O'Malley can't seem to complete a sentence and Pirsuta only watches hockey when football season is over. They haven't been able to replace Steve Mears.
jcgopens
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 461
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:58 pm

Re: So I'm listening to PenguinsLive and it was just...

Postby relantel on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:19 am

jcgopens wrote:I am listening to Penguins 24/7 and there is nothing more painful than Mike Pirsuta and Katie O'Malley. Katie O'Malley can't seem to complete a sentence and Pirsuta only watches hockey when football season is over. They haven't been able to replace Steve Mears.

well they together are better than she was solo the other day.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,386
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:24 am
Location: The card table

Re: So I'm listening to PenguinsLive and it was just...

Postby Rylan on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:31 am

relantel wrote:well they together are better than she was solo the other day.


That sounds dirty. :pop:
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,071
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: So I'm listening to PenguinsLive and it was just...

Postby jcgopens on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:45 am

That was Michelle Chrechiolo on by herself the other day. Not much better
jcgopens
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 461
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:58 pm


Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Inkio, RxBandit66, smoothmoneyb, UVM2003 and 33 guests


e-mail