Penspal wrote:Pens win 4-2
- Vokoun was really good and needed to me especially in the first 1/2 of the game.
- Joey V. scores another, this one also a beauty. Sorta makes me wonder if he's "improved" his game :wink:
- Mr. Clutch aka Brandon Sutter gets another 3rd period goal
- Kunitz took a wicked butt end (Okposo) & really held his composure by not taking a retaliatory penalty (Root showed they had a faceoff chat)
- The team flatness has me wondering why? My funnest theory is the 3 day layoff of Pens vs. Isles playing previous day (don't want to call it rust... call it routinus interuptus)
- What was Adams thinking taking on heavyweight in Martin? Harvard grads even have brain farts.
- Bennett belongs on this team. He continually shows smarts with area passes, quick shifts, taking body. Looking to pass to Neal a little too much, but can't blame him for that.
Beveridge wrote:-I really like how sutter and cooke play together. Makes me feel better about our 3rd line if Kennedy can find is way back.
-Orpik: dumb play to try to soccer the puck but one hell of a hockey smarts move to take the penalty to avoid the 3 on 1 and give a team a chance to kill it off
-Despres had rookie moments again, but has the speed to correct his mistakes. He is going to be Letang with more defensive upside I think
-Bennett is going to fill in nicely for the 2nd or 3rd line for the playoffs, he plays pens/bylsma hockey for sure (responsible to play defense)
-12 is better than 11
rkarete wrote:- I know how much is written about Sid's "compete level" but sitting close by you really see the difference, and also the fear opponents have of him, Neal also got a bit more engaged, maybe he realises he needs to get more involved without Geno to set up him up. He looked to be working very hard on the ice. I also dont know why some posters are so down on our 4th line, they did a decent job and hda a few cycles... but the energy and the effort were just not there in the 1st and through most of the 2nd.
The Snapshot wrote:Gaucho wrote:71 and 58 still out tonight.
Seriously? I didn't expect Letang, but I thought Malkin was a lock.
Shelly Anderson @pgshelly 50s If you're keeping score, that's Malkin and Letang out for #Penguins and Briere out for Flyers.
penny lane wrote:Shelly Anderson @pgshelly 50s If you're keeping score, that's Malkin and Letang out for #Penguins and Briere out for Flyers.
And D Briere out for the fly boys.
Beveridge wrote:Malkin should come back when he is 100% (or near as you can get) and same for Letang. No point in pushing it. We aren't fighting for our playoff lives.
pcmforless wrote:Hopefully no one dresses like bears again (it was hilarious though), seems like it has been a bad omen for the Pens at home vs the Flyers.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests