Penguins Acquire LW Brenden Morrow

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Penguins Acquire LW Brenden Morrow

Postby relantel on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:05 am

meecrofilm wrote:
mikey287 wrote:Someone asked earlier in the thread, I didn't know, but I do now.

The 3rd that we get is conditional: we get the worse draft position of Minnesota or Edmonton (almost certainly it will be Minnesota's pick). It is not Dallas', they sent theirs to Montreal already.


Yeah, it was me. That's what I thought -- was just looking for confirmation. So it'll probably be a fairly high 3rd. Doesn't make a ton of difference at that point in the draft though.

by worse draft position I read that as the lower pick between the two? I.e. late in round rather than early in round.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,386
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:24 am
Location: The card table

Re: Penguins Acquire LW Brenden Morrow

Postby FreeCandy44 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:09 am

All I know is....if this deal turns into a deal ala Guerin, I am completely happy for it.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,335
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: Nobody Loves Me, Neither Do I...

Re: Penguins Acquire LW Brenden Morrow

Postby meecrofilm on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:20 am

relantel wrote:
meecrofilm wrote:
mikey287 wrote:Someone asked earlier in the thread, I didn't know, but I do now.

The 3rd that we get is conditional: we get the worse draft position of Minnesota or Edmonton (almost certainly it will be Minnesota's pick). It is not Dallas', they sent theirs to Montreal already.


Yeah, it was me. That's what I thought -- was just looking for confirmation. So it'll probably be a fairly high 3rd. Doesn't make a ton of difference at that point in the draft though.

by worse draft position I read that as the lower pick between the two? I.e. late in round rather than early in round.


Yeah that's what I meant. As in Minn will finish higher in the standings. Just mixed up my words. Blah, it's late, haha
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,586
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:09 pm
Location: Filly don't do rebounds.

Re: Penguins Acquire LW Brenden Morrow

Postby SolidSnake on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:51 am

Morrow may not play tomorrow, I guess the same would apply for Murray?
http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/372 ... z2OcOUs9Gb
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,318
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:41 pm
Location: Does it sound like I'm trying to order a pizza?!

Re: Penguins Acquire LW Brenden Morrow

Postby ville5 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:45 am

Maybe RayRay traded Morrow for Morrow cuz he's gonna sign daKaizer. :pop: (i know, won't happen.)
ville5
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,841
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:17 pm
Location: getting body slammed by kelly kelly

Re: Penguins Acquire LW Brenden Morrow

Postby ville5 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:50 am

SolidSnake wrote:Morrow may not play tomorrow, I guess the same would apply for Murray?
http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/372 ... z2OcOUs9Gb

Freakin pansies r soff. Can we undo these trades? They supposed to be tough. Put em on waivers, fire the scouts, fire RS!
(By the way, Mr. Morrow and Mr. Murray, if you happen to peruse these boards, this just a joke. Please don't demolish me. I understand yinz have heavy bodies made of titanium or some shiznut. ty.)
ville5
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,841
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:17 pm
Location: getting body slammed by kelly kelly

Re: Penguins Acquire LW Brenden Morrow

Postby Pens4Life on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:24 am

I really like B.Morrow addition for playoffs,but I dont like losing J.Morrow for him.. Joe Morrow will be great NHL d-man some day
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,536
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:02 pm
Location: Slovenia

Re: Penguins Acquire LW Brenden Morrow

Postby JeanPronovost on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:32 am

Went to Dallas Stars game last night. They did a nice video tribute to Brenden Morrow, ending with "Thanks, Brenden." All his jerseys had been moved from the Stars store, don't know why (they still sell Modano and Ribeiro).

Saw a 20-ish person being interviewed by TV on the concourse before the game. I assume that was Joe Morrow.

As planned, will be in Pittsburgh tonight and hope to see Brenden play.
JeanPronovost
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 3:56 pm
Location: Cedar Hill, TX

Re: Penguins Acquire LW Brenden Morrow

Postby Kovy27 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:07 am

Pens4Life wrote:I really like B.Morrow addition for playoffs,but I dont like losing J.Morrow for him.. Joe Morrow will be great NHL d-man some day


Key word: Some Day. Maybe.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,686
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Re: Penguins Acquire LW Brenden Morrow

Postby Pavel Bure on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:14 am

Kovy27 wrote:
Pens4Life wrote:I really like B.Morrow addition for playoffs,but I dont like losing J.Morrow for him.. Joe Morrow will be great NHL d-man some day


Key word: Some Day. Maybe.

Just like Alex Goligoski before him and Ryan Whitney before him.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,282
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=770437 BITCOINS get them

Re: Penguins Acquire LW Brenden Morrow

Postby ville5 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:19 am

Someday doesn't open a Can 'O Whoop*Butt*, Morrow and Murray open the Can.
(*radio edit*)
ville5
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,841
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:17 pm
Location: getting body slammed by kelly kelly

Re: Penguins Acquire LW Brenden Morrow

Postby Guinness on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:43 am

These were bold moves by Shero, to win the Cup. Fortune favors the bold. Tally ho!
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,336
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:30 am
Location: At the pub

Re: Penguins Acquire LW Brenden Morrow

Postby Puck Drama on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:45 am

Welcome Morrowkerovsky! What is Shero doing? This is more like Patrick bringing in washed up Palfy and Leclair. What a waste of a promising prospect.
Last edited by Puck Drama on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Puck Drama
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 912
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:30 pm

Re: Penguins Acquire LW Brenden Morrow

Postby canaan on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:45 am

0/10 you're not even trying.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 39,110
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: Penguins Acquire LW Brenden Morrow

Postby Gaucho on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:02 am

Lazy and weak
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 42,210
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

Re: Penguins Acquire LW Brenden Morrow

Postby sil on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:03 am

Has to be intended as a joke.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,050
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:05 pm
Location: the Juice Case manufacturing plant

Re: Penguins Acquire LW Brenden Morrow

Postby penny lane on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:05 am

sil wrote:Has to be intended as a joke.

you don't know our puck drama
:wink: 8-)
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,867
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Have fun, kick butt!

Re: Penguins Acquire LW Brenden Morrow

Postby champeen on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:18 am

bhaw wrote:The only way this ends up being unquestionably a great trade is if the Pens win the Cup and Joe Morrow never pans out. The exact opposite would be an early round exit and Morrow becomes a top pairing guy. Everything in between will just be preference and opinion. For example, the Pens could win the Cup this year, and if Morrow becomes a significant player, there will always be "how many Cups would we have won if we kept him?!?!"


I'm of the opinion that if we win the cup this year and B. Morrow is considered to have been a contributing factor in that cup win, then J. Morrow can go on to win the freaking Norris eight years from now and it will still have been 'unquestionably a great trade.' Stanley Cups are hard to win! If Brendon helps us get one then it would be ludicrous to suggest that RS didn't do the right thing.
champeen
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:29 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Penguins Acquire LW Brenden Morrow

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:20 am

If the Pens win the cup this year, I don't care if they traded away all their '13 picks and the whole of WBS. It was worth it.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,620
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: Penguins Acquire LW Brenden Morrow

Postby sil on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:23 am

penny lane wrote:
sil wrote:Has to be intended as a joke.

you don't know our puck drama
:wink: 8-)


No, I do...look at my location.

I say it has to be intended as a joke, because the only other explanation for something that transparent and bland is a person with an IQ lower than 60.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,050
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:05 pm
Location: the Juice Case manufacturing plant

Re: Penguins Acquire LW Brenden Morrow

Postby tfrizz on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:24 am

DontToewsMeBro wrote:Brendan Morrow is as much of a "sure thing" as Joe Morrow. We are putting our hopes that the guy that played for the Stars last week is not the same guy that will play for the Penguins next week...we're banking on some hidden "energy" being there that hasn't shown to exist. Just saying that there is some uncertainty on both sides...


Flawed logic. B Morrow is a proven NHLer of 12 seasons, J Morrow is still a prospect who may or may not have a meaningful NHL career. B Morrow may not have the speed he once had, and certainly isn't the 60+ point producer he once was, but he is being brought in to fill a need - physical play and veteran presence. That's something he certainly can still do.

He is also only two years removed from a career high 33 goals. His pace certainly slowed last season, but that was still a 37 point pace (26 points in 57 games). Right now, his 6 goals and 11 points this season are on par with the current 3rd line of Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy.

As long as he can stay healthy, the absolute worst case is that adding B Morrow is an upgrade over Glass and any upgrade is a good thing.
Last edited by tfrizz on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,566
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:49 am
Location: Freddy Beach

Re: Penguins Acquire LW Brenden Morrow

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:27 am

sil wrote:
penny lane wrote:
sil wrote:Has to be intended as a joke.

you don't know our puck drama
:wink: 8-)


No, I do...look at my location.

I say it has to be intended as a joke, because the only other explanation for something that transparent and bland is a person with an IQ lower than 60.


So what you're saying is that you don't know puck drama? :pop:
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,620
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: Penguins Acquire LW Brenden Morrow

Postby Gaucho on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:29 am

Yeah, you don't seem to know Puck Drama.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 42,210
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

Re: Penguins Acquire LW Brenden Morrow

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:29 am

tfrizz wrote:
DontToewsMeBro wrote:Brendan Morrow is as much of a "sure thing" as Joe Morrow. We are putting our hopes that the guy that played for the Stars last week is not the same guy that will play for the Penguins next week...we're banking on some hidden "energy" being there that hasn't shown to exist. Just saying that there is some uncertainty on both sides...


Flawed logic. B Morrow is a proven NHLer of 12 seasons, J Morrow is still a prospect who may or may not have a meaningful NHL career. B Morrow may not have the speed he once had, and certainly isn't the 60+ point producer he once was, but he is being brought in to fill a need - physical play and veteran presence. That's something he certainly can still do.

He is also only two years removed from a career high 33 goals. His pace certainly slowed last season, but that was still a 37 point pace (26 points in 37 games). Right now, his 6 goals and 11 points this season are on par with the current 3rd line of Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy.

As long as he can stay healthy, the absolute worst case is that adding B Morrow is an upgrade over Glass and any upgrade is a good thing.


Isn't 26 points in 37 games a lot higher than a 37 point pace. Let me rephrase: 26 points in 37 games is a lot higher than a 37 point pace.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,620
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: Penguins Acquire LW Brenden Morrow

Postby canaan on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:30 am

I dont get the Palffy was washed up comment. people have a really bad revisionist history of him because he didnt want to play here anymore.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 39,110
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Blueliner, dodint, E-Ramone, FLPensFan, litz2010, MWW, SoCalPenguin and 20 guests


e-mail