Fleury skates...

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Fleury skates...

Postby Kovy27 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:47 am

Beveridge wrote:And we ripped ottawa fans for saying what cooke did was intentional....


That's the beauty of this...isn't it?
Gionta didn't do anything.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,610
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Re: Fleury skates...

Postby Guinness on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:49 am

Mango Salsa wrote:In before the neck meat


Guinness wrote:Neck Meat 2: Electric Boogaloo


:pop: ;)

I really think he was trying to get Kennedy off balance with that move. Whether he was hoping he'd collide with Fleury, not sure anyone can say with any confidence...
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,330
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:30 am
Location: At the pub

Re: Fleury skates...

Postby Guinness on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:51 am

Beveridge wrote:And we ripped ottawa fans for saying what cooke did was intentional....


I don't think the Cooke thing was intentional. And I do think Gionta was trying to put Kennedy off balance. And I don't really care if that makes me seem biased.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,330
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:30 am
Location: At the pub

Re: Fleury skates...

Postby shmenguin on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:04 pm

Guinness wrote:
Beveridge wrote:And we ripped ottawa fans for saying what cooke did was intentional....


I don't think the Cooke thing was intentional. And I do think Gionta was trying to put Kennedy off balance. And I don't really care if that makes me seem biased.


i generally don't get involved in conspiracy theories or any homerism, actually. but i don't really understand how someone can look at gionta's left leg and think he was just doing a normal pull up. his culpability in fleury's injury is certainly up for debate since kennedy has to do a better job there and this stuff does happen all the time without goalies getting jacked up. but if you watch that gif and think something wasn't fishy with gionta, you're just being contrary or intentionally un-homer'd, imo.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,753
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: Fleury skates...

Postby skullman80 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:08 pm

I'm not trying to be my anti-homer, but I see that play, and it just looks like a play that happens all the time. Every game pretty much. The outcome sucks for us, but it's not like its an uncommon play. Players go to the net, sometimes they get tangled up. Crap happens. It's not like Gionta came from 20 feet out full speed and Crosschecked kennedy down or anything.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,301
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: New Kensington, PA

Re: Fleury skates...

Postby shmenguin on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:10 pm

skullman80 wrote:I'm not trying to be my anti-homer, but I see that play, and it just looks like a play that happens all the time. Every game pretty much. The outcome sucks for us, but it's not like its an uncommon play. Players go to the net, sometimes they get tangled up. Crap happens. It's not like Gionta came from 20 feet out full speed and Crosschecked kennedy down or anything.


i guess maybe i'm confused by what people are saying, then. when i hear something like "gionta did nothing wrong", does that mean that he didn't try to knock kennedy off balance or that he DID try to knock him, but that's just part of the game. the latter i'm ok with. the former is absurd.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,753
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: Fleury skates...

Postby Guinness on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:11 pm

skullman80 wrote:I'm not trying to be my anti-homer, but I see that play, and it just looks like a play that happens all the time. Every game pretty much. The outcome sucks for us, but it's not like its an uncommon play. Players go to the net, sometimes they get tangled up. Crap happens. It's not like Gionta came from 20 feet out full speed and Crosschecked kennedy down or anything.


To me, it's in how wide his legs are, and the way he's kind of leaning his body back, apparently trying to get under Kennedy enough to tip him over.

Image
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,330
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:30 am
Location: At the pub

Re: Fleury skates...

Postby Azkar on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:14 pm

lol @ anyone that thinks gionta did that on purpose.
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,425
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:54 pm
Location: PFISEA

Re: Fleury skates...

Postby Guinness on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:14 pm

shmenguin wrote:
Guinness wrote:
Beveridge wrote:And we ripped ottawa fans for saying what cooke did was intentional....


I don't think the Cooke thing was intentional. And I do think Gionta was trying to put Kennedy off balance. And I don't really care if that makes me seem biased.


i generally don't get involved in conspiracy theories or any homerism, actually. but i don't really understand how someone can look at gionta's left leg and think he was just doing a normal pull up. his culpability in fleury's injury is certainly up for debate since kennedy has to do a better job there and this stuff does happen all the time without goalies getting jacked up. but if you watch that gif and think something wasn't fishy with gionta, you're just being contrary or intentionally un-homer'd, imo.


Yeah, I agree a person couldn't really definitively conclude that Gionta was trying to bowl Kennedy into Fleury. The way he pulls up, I'm comfortable saying that he was trying to trip up or get Kennedy off balance, though.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,330
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:30 am
Location: At the pub

Re: Fleury skates...

Postby Guinness on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:15 pm

Azkar wrote:lol @ anyone that thinks gionta did that on purpose.


Did WHAT, though? Trip up Kennedy, or bowl Kennedy into Fleury? I don't see how it's ridiculous to think he was trying to trip up Kennedy.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,330
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:30 am
Location: At the pub

Re: Fleury skates...

Postby Azkar on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:19 pm

Gionta was going to the net. It was a hockey play. I don't think he intentionally tried to "trip" kennedy OR bowl Kennedy into fleury. He felt TK coming from behind him and tried to make sure he didn't get tripped himself. TK was the one that initiated contact with his leg.

If you think Gionta did anything to purposely injury fluery, then you should also think that Cooke meant to cut Karlsson's tendon.
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,425
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:54 pm
Location: PFISEA

Re: Fleury skates...

Postby demondg1 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:19 pm

Beej is totally sitting there staring at his phone right now.
demondg1
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,605
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:30 pm
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: Fleury skates...

Postby shmenguin on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:20 pm

Azkar wrote:Gionta was going to the net. It was a hockey play. I don't think he intentionally tried to "trip" kennedy OR bowl Kennedy into fleury. He felt TK coming from behind him and tried to make sure he didn't get tripped himself. TK was the one that initiated contact with his leg.

If you think Gionta did anything to purposely injury fluery, then you should also think that Cooke meant to cut Karlsson's tendon.


Those two plays are ridiculously incomparable
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,753
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: Fleury skates...

Postby Guinness on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:21 pm

Azkar wrote:Gionta was going to the net. It was a hockey play. I don't think he intentionally tried to "trip" kennedy OR bowl Kennedy into fleury. He felt TK coming from behind him and tried to make sure he didn't get tripped himself. TK was the one that initiated contact with his leg.

If you think Gionta did anything to purposely injury fluery, then you should also think that Cooke meant to cut Karlsson's tendon.


I've said I don't see how anyone could definitively say he tried to injure Fleury...

Dunno. I guess a person could look at it either way. I think he was trying to trip him up. Whatever.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,330
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:30 am
Location: At the pub

Re: Fleury skates...

Postby slipshod on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:24 pm

I don't see anything wrong with the play by Gionta but.... BURN HIM! BURN HIM ANYWAY!
slipshod
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:17 am

Re: Fleury skates...

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:27 pm

Now why do witches burn?

because they're made of wood?

How do you tell whether he's made of wood?

Build a bridge out of him?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,212
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Fleury skates...

Postby Azkar on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:31 pm

shmenguin wrote:
Azkar wrote:Gionta was going to the net. It was a hockey play. I don't think he intentionally tried to "trip" kennedy OR bowl Kennedy into fleury. He felt TK coming from behind him and tried to make sure he didn't get tripped himself. TK was the one that initiated contact with his leg.

If you think Gionta did anything to purposely injury fluery, then you should also think that Cooke meant to cut Karlsson's tendon.


Those two plays are ridiculously incomparable



No, they are not. Both are hockey plays and neither player had any intent to injure anyone.
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,425
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:54 pm
Location: PFISEA

Re: Fleury skates...

Postby Patton on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:32 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:Now why do witches burn?

because they're made of wood?

How do you tell whether he's made of wood?

Build a bridge out of him?

:thumb: :D
Patton
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:01 am

Re: Fleury skates...

Postby SolidSnake on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:37 pm

Didn't Gionta run over a goalie last season? now I know he wasn't the one who ran into Fleury but I guess I'm saying that Gionta has a history of causing havoc around the net
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,127
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:41 pm
Location: Winners don't use drugs.- William S. Sessions.

Re: Fleury skates...

Postby Pavel Bure on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:46 pm

SolidSnake wrote:Didn't Gionta run over a goalie last season? now I know he wasn't the one who ran into Fleury but I guess I'm saying that Gionta has a history of causing havoc around the net

As any NHL player should. Nothing to see here. Rough game, Fleury took the blow of it. It sucks. KCCO.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,839
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=770437 BITCOINS get them

Re: Fleury skates...

Postby slipshod on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:46 pm

Gionta turned me into a Newt!
slipshod
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 491
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:17 am

Re: Fleury skates...

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:47 pm

I got better
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,212
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Fleury skates...

Postby nocera on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:48 pm

Flash crashed while reading Empty Netters.

Image

Yup, that about sums it up.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,054
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:02 pm

Re: Fleury skates...

Postby Steve Dave on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:04 pm

Very small rocks!
Steve Dave
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 959
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:09 pm

Re: Fleury skates...

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:07 pm

Steve Dave wrote:Very small rocks!


Somehow i forgot this line, but its probably my favorite one in the whole scene.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,212
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


e-mail