Fleury skates...

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Fleury skates...

Postby bringitonhome on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:29 pm

Vokoun to start Thursday. Fleury not ruled out as backup.
bringitonhome
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby TwoSheds on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:55 pm

Steve Dave wrote:Very small rocks!

A DUCK!!
TwoSheds
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby PensFanInDC on Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:23 pm

i got better
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby llipgh2 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:38 pm

bringitonhome wrote:Vokoun to start Thursday. Fleury not ruled out as backup.

HCDB also said he has no update on MAF and that he (MAF) continues to be evaluated.

Not liking this...
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby nocera on Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:41 pm

Pens are going to be very cautious about any injury involving the head/neck. That's fine with me.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:10 pm

llipgh2 wrote:
bringitonhome wrote:Vokoun to start Thursday. Fleury not ruled out as backup.

HCDB also said he has no update on MAF and that he (MAF) continues to be evaluated.

Not liking this...

Starting to sound like this thread title may be more fitting than I originally thought.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby FrozenNuts on Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:17 pm

Guinness wrote:
skullman80 wrote:I'm not trying to be my anti-homer, but I see that play, and it just looks like a play that happens all the time. Every game pretty much. The outcome sucks for us, but it's not like its an uncommon play. Players go to the net, sometimes they get tangled up. Crap happens. It's not like Gionta came from 20 feet out full speed and Crosschecked kennedy down or anything.

To me, it's in how wide his legs are, and the way he's kind of leaning his body back, apparently trying to get under Kennedy enough to tip him over.

Yeah, its not that Gionta's front leg was being lifted from behind by Kennedy forcing Gionta to lean backwards to stop harder on the outer edge of his right skate. But keep on thinking there is some kind of hidden agenda here. :scared:
FrozenNuts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby DropEmJayBird on Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:47 pm

Had Kennedy not run over Fluery, Gionta would have bumped him for sure. Gionta doesn't come to a stop at all even after Fluery goes to the ice. Gionta certainly didn't shy away from contact with kennedy toward our goalie.
DropEmJayBird
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:53 pm

This can't be real. This is my last contribution, even though its redundant to what I already said. Kennedy runs into Gionta from behind and takes out his left leg. Thats why Gionta "doesn't come to a stop at all".
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby DropEmJayBird on Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:01 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:This can't be real. This is my last contribution, even though its redundant to what I already said. Kennedy runs into Gionta from behind and takes out his left leg. Thats why Gionta "doesn't come to a stop at all".

I don't think Kennedy even knows Gionta is there. Look at his reaction as soon as he makes contact with Gionta. Probably the reason he was sent flying out of control into Fluery. He actually accelerates after he makes contact with Gionta.

The reason the penguins bench was mad is because they all play hockey - and knew exactly what Gionta was doing.
DropEmJayBird
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:05 pm

it almost looked like Kennedy was slewfooting Gionta
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby joeyg412 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:07 pm

Not trying to troll or anything. He came into target about 10 minutes ago when I was working he seemed to be his happy self. Take it for what it's worth I guess lol
joeyg412
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Guinness on Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:08 pm

FrozenNuts wrote:
Guinness wrote:
skullman80 wrote:I'm not trying to be my anti-homer, but I see that play, and it just looks like a play that happens all the time. Every game pretty much. The outcome sucks for us, but it's not like its an uncommon play. Players go to the net, sometimes they get tangled up. Crap happens. It's not like Gionta came from 20 feet out full speed and Crosschecked kennedy down or anything.

To me, it's in how wide his legs are, and the way he's kind of leaning his body back, apparently trying to get under Kennedy enough to tip him over.

Yeah, its not that Gionta's front leg was being lifted from behind by Kennedy forcing Gionta to lean backwards to stop harder on the outer edge of his right skate. But keep on thinking there is some kind of hidden agenda here. :scared:

Ooh, you really got me with the snark and the :scared:

If you weren't looking to pick an internet fight over a freaking hockey game, you'd notice that all I've said is that I think Gionta intended to trip up Kennedy with that play. A person could look at the video and come away with either of our interpretations.

It's not like I'm suggesting he shot him from the grassy knoll, for cripe's sake.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Guinness on Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:11 pm

DropEmJayBird wrote:Had Kennedy not run over Fluery, Gionta would have bumped him for sure. Gionta doesn't come to a stop at all even after Fluery goes to the ice. Gionta certainly didn't shy away from contact with kennedy toward our goalie.

:lol: From this angle it looks even more obvious to me that Gionta meant to trip up Kennedy.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby penny lane on Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:24 pm

Hearing that Flower could be back up against the jets; I feel better; could being the key word.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:26 pm

I just think it was one of those accidents that I'm suprised doesn't happen more often.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby llipgh2 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:31 pm

For what it's worth, Kevin Weekes said Gionta was involved in the exact same situation last season, which resulted with a Leafs player tumbling into Reimer. Weekes seemed to imply it was intentional.

I just think TK and Gionta were going after each other, and Flower was the unfortunate innocent bystander.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby nocera on Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:45 pm

Who cares whose fault it is?
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby brwi on Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:58 pm

shmenguin wrote:
Tico Rick wrote:I don't know, it looks like Gionta lefts his left leg when Kennedy makes contact with him. Is that because he was put off balance slightly, or because he wanted to trip Kennedy? Only Gionta knows.

gionta's left leg tells the story. that's not at all a natural way for a dude to pull up. he meant to knock kennedy off balance, and it's likely that he specifically meant to knock him into his goalie. i think the intent is pretty clear. but at the same time, it's a play that's not usually going to end with a neck meat injury. so i get why some people don't think it's a big deal.

Looked to me like he tried to move TK out of the crease so he(Gionta) is the only player around for any loose pucks, sort of like NHL d-men do many times a game, only he used his leg/body instead of a cross-check that usually will get u a penalty if you're a forward near the crease knocking around a d-man.

I don't see any malicious intent here. TK hustling and going all-out to back-check Gionta probably had as much to do with this as anything Gionta did. I thought it was a hockey play and an unfortunate outcome for MAF/Pens, but not something to spazz over. Roughing up Gionta or giving him a lot of trash-talk is an acceptable punishment to me.
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Gaucho on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:01 pm

I hate Gionta with a passion, but there's no reason to go all Melnyk on him.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby puckeye on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:07 pm

brwi wrote:I don't see any malicious intent here. TK hustling and going all-out to back-check Gionta probably had as much to do with this as anything Gionta did. I thought it was a hockey play and an unfortunate outcome for MAF/Pens, but not something to spazz over. Roughing up Gionta or giving him a lot of trash-talk is an acceptable punishment to me.

my thoughts exactly. Have to admit that I thought it was a bit strange to watch Cooke with the Dirty Sanchez mustache trying to exert the revenge. too much of kettle meet pot moment for me even considering Cooke's changed style
puckeye
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby FreeCandy44 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:15 pm

penny lane wrote:Hearing that Flower could be back up against the jets; I feel better; could being the key word.

Nice
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby jwest21 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:15 pm

joeyg412 wrote:Not trying to troll or anything. He came into target about 10 minutes ago when I was working he seemed to be his happy self. Take it for what it's worth I guess lol

Except that he thought he was at Chili's
jwest21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DocEmrick on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:55 pm

We really need dman66 up here to serve Fleury his Fleury Special which I believe consisted of turkey, ham, bacon or something. Perhaps dman66 can correct me.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby llipgh2 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:18 pm

Gaucho wrote:I hate Gionta with a passion, but there's no reason to go all Melnyk on him.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins