Letang Broken Toe

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Letang Broken Toe

Postby Fire0nice228 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:22 am

Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman Kris Letang reportedly sustained a broken toe on Tuesday in his team's victory over the Montreal Canadiens at Consol Energy Center.

Letang, the top-scoring defenseman in the National Hockey League, was in the lineup on Tuesday for the first time in four games. He was taken off the injured reserve list Tuesday afternoon after missing time because of a lower-body injury.

He logged more than 24 minutes in Pittsburgh's 1-0 win, its 13th in a row, but told RDS after the game that he was not 100 percent after the first period. According to TSN, the reason he wasn't at full strength was because he has sustained a broken toe.

If the Penguins opt to put Letang back on injured reserve, Simon Despres would be his likely replacement in the lineup.

Additionally, goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury is dealing with a sore neck. Fleury made 25 saves over the first two periods against the Canadiens on Tuesday, but did not play in the third because of an undisclosed injury. Tomas Vokoun made 12 saves in relief to complete the shutout.


nhl.com
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,702
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:10 pm
Location: refs fault

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby Pavel Bure on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:23 am

Letang said he has sustained no such injury.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,878
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=770437 BITCOINS get them

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby Hawkeynut on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:23 am

Toegate?
Hawkeynut
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,902
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:52 am
Location: Page 554 of the new CBA

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby sil on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:24 am

Pavel Bure wrote:Letang said he has sustained no such injury.


That's because he doesn't know how "toe" translates to French.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,932
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:05 pm
Location: the Juice Case manufacturing plant

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby Godric on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:24 am

Pavel Bure wrote:Letang said he has sustained no such injury.



source?
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,240
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:19 am
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby DocEmrick on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:25 am

Amputate it and play on, what's the big deal
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,380
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:33 pm
Location: SETEC Astronomy

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby sil on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:27 am

DocEmrick wrote:Amputate it and play on, what's the big deal


Then Kramer can pick it up, put it on ice, and drive it to the hospital in a runaway and hikacked bus.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,932
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:05 pm
Location: the Juice Case manufacturing plant

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby jimjom on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:27 am

Toe meat
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,860
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:34 pm
Location: Presto

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby Pavel Bure on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:28 am

Godric wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:Letang said he has sustained no such injury.



source?

@RobRossi_Trib 45m #TribHKY >> Letang said he had to stay back more last night because of his injury, but he did not say injury was aggravated or cite new one.

:pop:
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,878
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=770437 BITCOINS get them

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby sil on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:29 am

That's Letang not citing a new injury...which isn't the same as him outright saying he doesn't have a broken toe.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,932
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:05 pm
Location: the Juice Case manufacturing plant

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby Godric on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:30 am

Pavel Bure wrote:
Godric wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:Letang said he has sustained no such injury.



source?

@RobRossi_Trib 45m #TribHKY >> Letang said he had to stay back more last night because of his injury, but he did not say injury was aggravated or cite new one.

:pop:


So you are wrong. Letang very well could have broken his toe.
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,240
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:19 am
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby eww7633 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:30 am

Letang is back on the IR according to the Pens. They've also recalled Despres.
eww7633
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,770
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:13 am
Location: Ron Swansons Woodshop

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby eww7633 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:30 am

eww7633
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,770
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:13 am
Location: Ron Swansons Woodshop

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby Hawkeynut on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:32 am

They wasted no time putting him on IR. Does that not mean he is out at least 7 days?
Last edited by Hawkeynut on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hawkeynut
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,902
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:52 am
Location: Page 554 of the new CBA

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby Pavel Bure on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:32 am

Gaucho wrote:Image
Gaucho wrote:Image
Gaucho wrote:Image
Gaucho wrote:Image
Gaucho wrote:Image
Gaucho wrote:Image
Gaucho wrote:Image
Gaucho wrote:Image
Gaucho wrote:Image
Gaucho wrote:Image
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,878
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=770437 BITCOINS get them

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby Steve Dave on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:32 am

sil wrote:
DocEmrick wrote:Amputate it and play on, what's the big deal


Then Kramer can pick it up, put it on ice, and drive it to the hospital in a runaway and hikacked bus.


"You kept making all the stops?"
Steve Dave
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 960
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:09 pm

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby Fire0nice228 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:33 am

Godric wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:
Godric wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:Letang said he has sustained no such injury.



source?

@RobRossi_Trib 45m #TribHKY >> Letang said he had to stay back more last night because of his injury, but he did not say injury was aggravated or cite new one.

:pop:


So you are wrong. Letang very well could have broken his toe.


Why do posters on this board insist on continuously spewing wrong information. So freaking aggravating.
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,702
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:10 pm
Location: refs fault

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby sil on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:33 am

Steve Dave wrote:
sil wrote:
DocEmrick wrote:Amputate it and play on, what's the big deal


Then Kramer can pick it up, put it on ice, and drive it to the hospital in a runaway and hikacked bus.


"You kept making all the stops?"


"They kept ringing the bell!"
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,932
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:05 pm
Location: the Juice Case manufacturing plant

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby eww7633 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:34 am

Hawkeynut wrote:They wasted no time putting him on IR. Does that not mean he is out at least 7 days?


Correct. Minimum of 7 days.
eww7633
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,770
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:13 am
Location: Ron Swansons Woodshop

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby penny lane on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:34 am

:twisted:
stay positive letang!

So who is mr. despres?
Spoiler:
:P :P
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,659
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Have fun, kick butt!

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby Pavel Bure on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:35 am

Fire0nice228 wrote:
Godric wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:
Godric wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:Letang said he has sustained no such injury.



source?

@RobRossi_Trib 45m #TribHKY >> Letang said he had to stay back more last night because of his injury, but he did not say injury was aggravated or cite new one.

:pop:


So you are wrong. Letang very well could have broken his toe.


Why do posters on this board insist on continuously spewing wrong information. So freaking aggravating.

Rob Rossi?
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,878
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=770437 BITCOINS get them

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby sil on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:36 am

Fire0nice228 wrote:Why do posters on this board insist on continuously spewing wrong information. So freaking aggravating.


I just heard from FireOnice228 that it's a fact that Letang's toe is aggrivatingly spewing blood!
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,932
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:05 pm
Location: the Juice Case manufacturing plant

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby Hawkeynut on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:37 am

I am so hardened by injuries to this team that no matter who gets injured I don't get worried anymore. I don't know if it is foolish confidence or what.
Hawkeynut
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,902
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:52 am
Location: Page 554 of the new CBA

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby Godric on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:38 am

Pavel Bure wrote:
Fire0nice228 wrote:
Godric wrote:
So you are wrong. Letang very well could have broken his toe.


Why do posters on this board insist on continuously spewing wrong information. So freaking aggravating.

Rob Rossi?


What you said is not what Rossi tweeted.

You had a massive reading comprehension failure
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,240
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:19 am
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby Steve Dave on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:38 am

sil wrote:
Steve Dave wrote:
sil wrote:
DocEmrick wrote:Amputate it and play on, what's the big deal


Then Kramer can pick it up, put it on ice, and drive it to the hospital in a runaway and hikacked bus.


"You kept making all the stops?"


"They kept ringing the bell!"


"You did all this for a pinky toe?"
Steve Dave
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 960
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:09 pm

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Desiato, Digitalgypsy66, jcgopens and 11 guests


e-mail