Letang Broken Toe

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:21 pm

Despres is still a rookie. I don't know why people think he's the next Bobby Orr. He's not as good as some of you perceive him to be.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,376
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby MarioLives on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:23 pm

MRandall25 wrote:Despres is still a rookie. I don't know why people think he's the next Bobby Orr. He's not as good as some of you perceive him to be.



Well, it is clear what the Pens have when they increase Nisky's minutes, Despres can take some of that pressure off. He is pretty good at transition, which the Pens struggle with right now.
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,462
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:30 pm

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby Beveridge on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:24 pm

MRandall25 wrote:Despres is still a rookie. I don't know why people think he's the next Bobby Orr. He's not as good as some of you perceive him to be.



Don't go giving Orr too much credit.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,732
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:38 pm
Location: Punxsutawney

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:25 pm

MRandall25 wrote:Despres is still a rookie. I don't know why people think he's the next Bobby Orr. He's not as good as some of you perceive him to be.


It may seem like there are a lot of people campaigning for Despres to carry a significant load, but I think its just one or two posters taking the shotgun approach to argument.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,212
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby DelPen on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:29 pm

Not playing Despresover both Bortuzzo and Engellend is stupid espeically against a cream puff Canes lineup. No clue why bennett is on the 4th line instead of getting Jeffrey or Vitale work as well.

I guess Despres is getting his NHL paycheck but it's bizarre. I understand playing Martin, Orpik, Letang, Nsky, Murray and Eaton over him but not anyone else.

Despres is now 9th on the depth chart? Someone explain that please without saying the word rookie.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,935
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby MarioLives on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:31 pm

"but I think its just one or two posters taking the shotgun approach to argument."

Do a search, it is a lot more than 1 or 2. I get that he is a rookie, but is your argument he should be sitting over the likes of Bortuzzo or Engelland?
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,462
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:30 pm

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:32 pm

No. My argument is it doesn't hurt his development to sit once in a while. Most people seem to forget that.

And he does not, in any world, deserve 20+ minutes. He's not that good yet.
Last edited by MRandall25 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,376
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby MarioLives on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:32 pm

MRandall25 wrote:No. My argument is it doesn't hurt his development to sit once in a while. Most people seem to forget that.


100% agree, but not when Letang and Martin are out.
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,462
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:30 pm

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby MarioLives on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:34 pm

MRandall25 wrote:No. My argument is it doesn't hurt his development to sit once in a while. Most people seem to forget that.

And he does not, in any world, deserve 20+ minutes. He's not that good yet.


once again, why not let him see what he can do......until Martin and Letang come back. Or at least Letang. Are you happy with Nisky getting the increased ice time? Does his play warrant more ice time? I like Nisky, but not in a top 4 role.
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,462
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:30 pm

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:35 pm

You still have Orpik, Eaton, Murray, and Niskanen ahead of him, regardless.

Despres is not a 20 minute guy yet. I don't understand why people are trying to force him to be. If anything, he's been just as bad as Niskanen these past few games.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,376
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:35 pm

MarioLives wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:No. My argument is it doesn't hurt his development to sit once in a while. Most people seem to forget that.

And he does not, in any world, deserve 20+ minutes. He's not that good yet.


once again, why not let him see what he can do......until Martin and Letang come back. Or at least Letang. Are you happy with Nisky getting the increased ice time? Does his play warrant more ice time? I like Nisky, but not in a top 4 role.


Despres has been just as bad, and if you can't see that, this conversation is over.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,376
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby Dickie Dunn on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:37 pm

MRandall25 wrote:No. My argument is it doesn't hurt his development to sit once in a while. Most people seem to forget that.

And he does not, in any world, deserve 20+ minutes. He's not that good yet.


Does it hurt his development? No. Does it hurt the team's chances of winning? Yes.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,091
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:05 am

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:38 pm

No, it really doesn't.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,376
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby Beveridge on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:39 pm

Wheels on the bus go round and round.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,732
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:38 pm
Location: Punxsutawney

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby Dickie Dunn on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:40 pm

MRandall25 wrote:No, it really doesn't.


Yea, it most definitely does.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,091
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:05 am

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:40 pm

inb4 Mikey comes in with the win % with TK in the lineup
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,376
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:43 pm

I feel like i'm the only one who ever argues that you aren't going to hurt a worthwhile prospect's development by playing them "too early", but then I encounter arguments like this and actually don't think there is a reason to be upping his minutes.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,212
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:44 pm

Dickie Dunn wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:No, it really doesn't.


Yea, it most definitely does.


Really now? I seem to recall them losing terribly the last 2 games he played.

Could it be that one player doesn't have the effect people think he does?

Nah.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,376
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby Rylan on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:45 pm

Despres has been lack luster lately. But whatever.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,014
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby Fire0nice228 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:36 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
Dickie Dunn wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:No, it really doesn't.


Yea, it most definitely does.




Could it be that one player doesn't have the effect people think he does?

Nah.


Mark Eaton. Sign him, win 15 games in a row. $. :)
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,702
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:10 pm
Location: refs fault

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby NashvilleCat on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:48 pm

Dickie Dunn wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:No, it really doesn't.


Yea, it most definitely does.

NashvilleCat
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,129
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 8:18 pm
Location: 4.5 hours south of Josh Harrison's hometown.

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby Dickie Dunn on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:12 pm

I'll reiterate my original, very simple point. Despres being kept out of the lineup hurts the team's chances of winning.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,091
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:05 am

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:28 pm

And I'm disagreeing. If he meant that much, we wouldn't have lost the last 2 he played by a combined score of 12-3
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,376
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby Pavel Bure on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:31 pm

Dickie Dunn wrote:I'll reiterate my original, very simple point. Despres being kept out of the lineup hurts the team's chances of winning.

His total lack of composure and playing smart simple hockey is what hurts this team's chances of winning.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,839
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=770437 BITCOINS get them

Re: Letang Broken Toe

Postby She'sTheFastest on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:46 pm

MarioLives wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:They should just trade for the Capitals.



good one......internet bullies are awesome. You and that other guy should start your own stalking club.....


The other guy, he's definitely not the fastest.
She'sTheFastest
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,441
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:41 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


e-mail