Trouble concentrating at work. Iginla to PIT edition

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Trouble concentrating at work. Iginla to PIT edition

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:38 am

This Shero thing needs to get going, I was about to start working.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby guiner on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:41 am

here we go
guiner
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:07 pm

Woke up at 3AM because I had to pee. On the way back to bed I noticed I had a notification on my phone from NHL Gamecenter. I checked it figuring it was about the trade of Iginla to Boston. I was dumbfounded when I saw he was going to the Pens. I then sat awake in bed for an hour at least trying to fall back asleep while thinking of line combos.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby jwest21 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:18 pm

It's like I developed a hockey version of ADHD overnight.
jwest21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby stopper40 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:24 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Woke up at 3AM because I had to pee. On the way back to bed I noticed I had a notification on my phone from NHL Gamecenter. I checked it figuring it was about the trade of Iginla to Boston. I was dumbfounded when I saw he was going to the Pens. I then sat awake in bed for an hour at least trying to fall back asleep while thinking of line combos.

That's prety much what happend to me. I kept searching site after site for me info. Called my dad at 6:00 AM, he doesn't get text updates but he gets up way earlier than I do, he had already seen the news.
stopper40
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Tico Rick on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:24 pm

Admin wrote:Might be the 4 hours of sleep but I can't concentrate either. Might be a close-the-door-and-nap-at-lunch kind of day.

Just give the monkeys a few extra bunches of bananas, then take a two hour nap.
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Shakes on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:36 pm

mikey287 wrote:I'm already "playoff nervous" and I can't live like this for three months! Holy cow. What am I supposed to do? Just carry on with my day like we didn't just acquire Jarome Iginla and Brenden Morrow? I just can't do it...

Same here. I leave my office, and everyone is acting like it's a normal day. I've been jammed up since 7am.
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Hawkeynut on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:45 pm

Yeah NHL Gamecenter notification alerted me as well when I was entering the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

Needless to say it was a "WTF?" moment. I went to bed wondering how the Bruins will be with Iggy in the lineup and how much he would help my fantasy hockey pool (being that I have Krejci). Now I have to be torn as the 3rd place guy behind me has Iggy.

Spoiler:
I won't be that torn, I'll give my 2nd place up for 3rd if it means a Pens cup
Hawkeynut
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby marek on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:50 pm

I was awake watching Saving Private Ryan on HBO or something and my girlfriend said that she was going to bed and that she hates war movies... that was about 1030 west coast time... I picked up the iPad on the coffee table and looked at TSN before I was going to go to bed too... the headline BOSTON GETS IGINLA. I logged onto LGP... and there were a few of us posting our thoughts... mostly disbelief at how little Boston apparently sent in exchange for him...

then out of the blue someone (who I thought was playing a joke on everyone) posted "wait! he's a penguin!" I went back to TSN and sure enough BAM!!!! I turned on NHL Network and Feaster was already at the podium. I immediately started texting everyone back home in Pitt knowing that everyone was sleeping but figured that I'd be forgiven for waking them up... hindsight I should have called everyone instead!!!

I didn't sleep a wink last night... last thing I remember was Tom Hanks saying in the movie "This guy had better be worth it"

Kind of fitting.
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby knives of ice on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:52 pm

i just wish i wouldn't have been up when they got him last night. was so excited couldn't sleep at all
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:04 pm

marek wrote:I was awake watching Saving Private Ryan on HBO or something and my girlfriend said that she was going to bed and that she hates war movies... that was about 1030 west coast time... I picked up the iPad on the coffee table and looked at TSN before I was going to go to bed too... the headline BOSTON GETS IGINLA. I logged onto LGP... and there were a few of us posting our thoughts... mostly disbelief at how little Boston apparently sent in exchange for him...

then out of the blue someone (who I thought was playing a joke on everyone) posted "wait! he's a penguin!" I went back to TSN and sure enough BAM!!!! I turned on NHL Network and Feaster was already at the podium. I immediately started texting everyone back home in Pitt knowing that everyone was sleeping but figured that I'd be forgiven for waking them up... hindsight I should have called everyone instead!!!

I didn't sleep a wink last night... last thing I remember was Tom Hanks saying in the movie "This guy had better be worth it"

Kind of fitting.

Should have called and when they answered just yelled "IGINLA" then promptly hung up. Thats what I did this morning at 6:30.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins