Where does Jarome Iginla fit ?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Where does Jarome Iginla fit ?

Postby jwienand on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:15 pm

Malkin-Crosby-Iginla

They score 26 goals in one shift and who cares the rest of the game!!!
jwienand
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby mikey287 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:19 pm

Just to the right of that inscription, I see a spot where he might fit.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby suzinpgh on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:23 pm

Unbeliever wrote:If Disco plays Iginla with anyone but Crosby I will be very disappointed. I don't care if Dupuis or Kunitz scores a hat trick in every single game leading up to the playoffs I just want to see Sid play with a real top line forward again for at least a few games.

Sorry to disappoint you: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/spo ... ns-681234/
suzinpgh
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby AlexPKeaton on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:24 pm

I'm sure we are going to see everything and a lot of mixing and matching. I dunno if I like Iginla - Malkin - Neal as much as I would Dupuis - Crosby - Iginla and dropping Kunitz back to play with Malkin.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shmenguin on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:24 pm

i tend not to get all "shiny new toy" around here, but i'd love to see him with sid - best line in hockey be damned. i understand keeping dupuis on that line, but still...
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MarioLives on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:26 pm

AlexPKeaton wrote:I'm sure we are going to see everything and a lot of mixing and matching. I dunno if I like Iginla - Malkin - Neal as much as I would Dupuis - Crosby - Iginla and dropping Kunitz back to play with Malkin.

I agree, Morrow should go to the 3rd. That makes the most sense. Put Kunitz on the 2nd and let Iginla play the top line. Least amount of change is best.
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby AlexPKeaton on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:27 pm

shmenguin wrote:i tend not to get all "shiny new toy" around here, but i'd love to see him with sid - best line in hockey be damned. i understand keeping dupuis on that line, but still...

Moving Kunitz to be back with Malkin seems like the best bet to me, being that Dupuis can play either side.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby DelPen on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:30 pm

shmenguin wrote:i tend not to get all "shiny new toy" around here, but i'd love to see him with sid - best line in hockey be damned. i understand keeping dupuis on that line, but still...

Kunitz played just as good with Malkin and Neal last year than he has this year. More importantly, Neal played his best hockey ever with Kunitz on his opposite wing.

It might be better to go with what we all know has worked very well in the past, Kunitz-Malkin-Neal was the best line in hockey for most of 2011-12 and we all say what Iginla can do with Sid even if it was for just a short time.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shmenguin on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:34 pm

DelPen wrote:

Kunitz played just as good with Malkin and Neal last year than he has this year. More importantly, Neal played his best hockey ever with Kunitz on his opposite wing.

It might be better to go with what we all know has worked very well in the past, Kunitz-Malkin-Neal was the best line in hockey for most of 2011-12 and we all say what Iginla can do with Sid even if it was for just a short time.

i don't think i buy into a couple things here. kunitz was great last year, but not this great. and during the olympics, sid played as bad as i've ever seen him play. aside from the big goal, i don't recall those 2 showing much chemistry (though, with that said, i'd still love to see them on the same line :lol:).
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:35 pm

shmenguin wrote:
DelPen wrote:

i don't think i buy into a couple things here. kunitz was great last year, but not this great. and during the olympics, sid played as bad as i've ever seen him play. aside from the big goal, i don't recall those 2 showing much chemistry (though, with that said, i'd still love to see them on the same line :lol:).

Sid assisted on all 3 of Iginla's hat trick goals.

They were being held back by Rick Trash.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DelPen on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:37 pm

shmenguin wrote:
DelPen wrote:

They were fine as soon as they took Nash of their line and I think put Bergeron on. Nash sucks.

this is such a nice problem to have though.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby brwi on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:39 pm

DelPen wrote:

Kunitz has shown that he can play well with either Sid or Malkin, so moving him around is pretty easy, especially in comparison to someone like Neal who can't. Dupuis can play either LW or RW effectively enough so I wouldn't be surprised to see some of Dupuis-Sid-Iginla a few shifts and Kunitz-Malkin-Neal.
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby columbia on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:44 pm

I want to see:

Kunitz-Crosby-Iginla
Morrow-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Dupuis
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby SolidSnake on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:46 pm

columbia wrote:I want to see:

Kunitz-Crosby-Iginla
Morrow-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Dupuis

That sounds good to me.

Don't forget about putting Clowe on the 4th line.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Nizzy on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:47 pm

Kovy27 wrote:Who is Marrow?

Come on dude, don't be that guy. You're better than that around here.

Posts like that just Stall things down around here.
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Pitt87 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:51 pm

canaan wrote:Bump Dupuis down to the 3rd, Kennedy to the 4th, and Glass to the nachos.

Iginla and Crosby should be the match. Kunitz may be the one to move to Malkins line, send Beau to WBS and put TK on the 4th line. I would like to see Craig Adams get some nacho time in also.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby MarioLives on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:00 pm

SolidSnake wrote:
columbia wrote:I want to see:

Kunitz-Crosby-Iginla
Morrow-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Dupuis

That sounds good to me.

Don't forget about putting Clowe on the 4th line.

Does Morrow have the speed to play with Malkin and Neal? Would he not fit better on the 3rd line?
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:02 pm

Neal isn't all that fast. I think Morrow has plenty of speed to play with Malkin and Neal if need be.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:05 pm

All Morrow would need to do on that line is crash the net.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DelPen on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:11 pm

How great is it we are now also debating if Morrow should be on the 3rd line because the top 6 is so deep and Kennedy on the 4th?
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Nizzy on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:13 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:Neal isn't all that fast. I think Morrow has plenty of speed to play with Malkin and Neal if need be.

Agreed. My response is if Malone did, so can Morrow.
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby columbia on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:14 pm

Can Kunitz, Morrow or Cooke play RW?
It seems like you have to have all three on the left side.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby DelPen on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:14 pm

columbia wrote:Can Kunitz, Morrow or Cooke play RW?
It seems like you have to have all three on the left side.

Cooke has been listed as a RW often in his career. He filled in rather nicely for Bertuzzi when he was suspended playing with Morrison and Naslund. His game is fine on the right side.
Last edited by DelPen on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Pucks_and_Pols on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:15 pm

Nizzy wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:Who is Marrow?

Come on dude, don't be that guy. You're better than that around here.

Posts like that just Staal things down around here.

Fixed
Pucks_and_Pols
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Pucks_and_Pols on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:20 pm

I'd go:
Dupuis-Crosby-Iginla (you get the most out of Dupuis when he is with 87, and Iggy has been a guy I want to see play with Sid since he came into the league)
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal (reunite the best line in the league from last year, Kuntiz has shown he can be great with either Sid or Geno)
Cooke-Sutter-Morrow (very tough line to play against, and I can see them scoring some huge momentum shifting playoff type goals)
Adams-Vitale-Kennedy (you can swap in Glass or Bennett for Kennedy, I like Vitale for faceoffs and Adams for the pk)
Pucks_and_Pols
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins