Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby Lt. Dish on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:01 pm

Gaucho wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:
Gaucho wrote:Village Green, Something Else, Arthur, Face to Face, Lola vs Powerman

It's possible that the Village Green Preservation Society is a revered distant ancestor of PDAS.

PDAS?

Pascal Dupuis Appreciation Society. Should have used "precursor."

Coolness begets coolness. :D
Last edited by Lt. Dish on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Location: WIN IT FOR [insert important player here]...let's keep the list short, OK?!

Postby IanMoran on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:10 pm

Not on ice for morning skate, other guys are........ No info on him skating before. Possibly meeting doctors?
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby topshelf66 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:13 pm

We are the P. Dupuis Appreciation Society.

Fluery save, high deflections, and all the different varieties.
topshelf66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Lt. Dish on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:13 pm

Pucks_and_Pols wrote:does sidney crosby cover his jaw of the ice and then on the ice when his helmet flips of his jaw is exposed ala Newman asking to try on a new facemask recently bought from a flea market while trying to pick up a woman complimenting the facemask

How does one get chewed-up Cheerios and milk out of one's keyboard? :lol:
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Location: WIN IT FOR [insert important player here]...let's keep the list short, OK?!

Postby Lt. Dish on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:16 pm

Pitt87 wrote:
Spoiler:

This scared the bejeebus out of me.

I'm now wholly without bejeebus.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby ScottishPenguin on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:26 pm

littlemoonboot wrote:Nothing new, then. If he can't do anything without doctor clearance, they can't set a timetable. I'm so sick of the waiting game with Sid. The horrible luck that he's had is so frustrating.

If he doesn't get back for round 1 what do you guys think are the Pens chances? :(

Even with Sid, Geno, Letang, Martin and Neal in various states of injury, we've still been ruining other team's evenings. A superstar doesn't make a team. Just look at Tampa.

In answer to your question, about 75% to get through the first round and 20% to lift the cup. Higher if the entire D is good to go and we get Neal back.
ScottishPenguin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Headshot77 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:30 pm

ScottishPenguin wrote:
littlemoonboot wrote:Nothing new, then. If he can't do anything without doctor clearance, they can't set a timetable. I'm so sick of the waiting game with Sid. The horrible luck that he's had is so frustrating.

If he doesn't get back for round 1 what do you guys think are the Pens chances? :(

Even with Sid, Geno, Letang, Martin and Neal in various states of injury, we've still been ruining other team's evenings. A superstar doesn't make a team. Just look at Tampa.

In answer to your question, about 75% to get through the first round and 20% to lift the cup. Higher if the entire D is good to go and we get Neal back.

You are being way to level-headed and rational. The real numbers are like 100% of getting through the first round and a 9001% chance to win the cup.
Headshot77
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby tfrizz on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:49 pm

Shelly Anderson ‏@pgshelly 4m
Bylsma said Crosby getting dental work done today. #Penguins
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby MarioLives on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:02 pm

Sounds like the break was multiple places... Amazing that he has a shot to come back at all. He is one tough man.
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Shakes on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:09 pm

If we really want to be technical on this "same piece of land" issue . . .
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby SoCalPenguin on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:23 pm

Steve wrote:Caps/Ovechkin fan.

WTF dude there us no need for insults. I hate the Caps and AO. I'm hoping Stamkos can steal the RR from him so as to reduce the possibility of AO stealing the Hart...although as you know there is independent inherent value in ovechkins emotional suffering just in seeing him lose the RR. That would be sweet. EFF that guy.

I'm looking forward to seeing Washington flame out again in the postseason with the Russian dbag slumped on the bench with his head down.

Again.

I will take great comfort on that. Yes Sasha...its time for the realization that yet again you simply have a losers DNA. There is no getting around it. Hopefully its the Pens that take them out. I'm sure it will bring back memories of when they executed McVeigh.

Take out the trash.

And it will be even better when their garbage fan base sees Sid with the Cup.

Again.

And hopefully the Conn Smythe.

It doesn't end there Sasha. Your worst is yet to come. How is it going to feel losing to Sid in Sochi? Getting outclassed by the best on your own ice by your rival. I want it to be so obvious that even the Russian crowd is chanting for Crosby...like in Rocky.....while Putin is sitting red faced in his suite like a *****.
SoCalPenguin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Rylan on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:25 pm

lol
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DocEmrick on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:46 pm

To reiterate:

DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Shakes on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:48 pm

SoCalPenguin wrote:

WTF dude there us no need for insults. I hate the Caps and AO. I'm hoping Stamkos can steal the RR from him so as to reduce the possibility of AO stealing the Hart...although as you know there is independent inherent value in ovechkins emotional suffering just in seeing him lose the RR. That would be sweet. EFF that guy.

I'm looking forward to seeing Washington flame out again in the postseason with the Russian dbag slumped on the bench with his head down.

Again.

I will take great comfort on that. Yes Sasha...its time for the realization that yet again you simply have a losers DNA. There is no getting around it. Hopefully its the Pens that take them out. I'm sure it will bring back memories of when they executed McVeigh.

Take out the trash.

Again.

It doesn't end there Sasha. Your worst is yet to come. How is it going to feel losing to Sid in Sochi? Getting outclassed by the best on your own ice by your rival. I want it to be so obvious that even the Russian crowd is chanting for Crosby...like in Rocky.....while Putin is sitting red faced in his suite like a *****.

Preach.
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby DesertPenguin on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:49 pm

Lines for tonight(I am perplexed):

Dupuis-Malkin-Iginla - Looks like Crosby's line, not Malkin's
Morrow-Jokinen-Bennett - A believable 3rd line
Kunitz-Sutter-Cooke - What is Kunitz doing here? He will be skating with Geno or Sid, book it.
Glass-Adams-Kennedy - A believable 4th line

Letang-Eaton - Will probably see this game 1
Despres-Engelland - Will be eating nachos game 1
Murray-Niskanen - Will probably see this game 1
Martin-Bortuzzo - Will hopefully see Martin with Orpik in game 1, and Bort is a good fill in

The D lines make a lot of sense. At forward, no idea what's going on. I would think DB would start putting his lines together. Malkin is playing where I assumed Sid would be. Kunitz with Sutter is something I've never seen before. Maybe DB is trying to jumpstart PK chemistry by playing them together on a regular line for a while? Maybe DB is just trying every possible combination to see what he likes, but I would hope by now he would be settling out the lines.
DesertPenguin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Beveridge on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:53 pm

DesertPenguin wrote:Lines for tonight(I am perplexed):

Kunitz-Sutter-Cooke - What is Kunitz doing here? He will be skating with Geno or Sid, book it.

Martin-Bortuzzo - Will hopefully see Martin with Orpik in game 1, and Bort is a good fill in

The D lines make a lot of sense. At forward, no idea what's going on. I would think DB would start putting his lines together. Malkin is playing where I assumed Sid would be. Kunitz with Sutter is something I've never seen before. Maybe DB is trying to jumpstart PK chemistry by playing them together on a regular line for a while? Maybe DB is just trying every possible combination to see what he likes, but I would hope by now he would be settling out the lines.

You kind of answered your own question in your reasoning.

malkin = sid
sutter and cooke = malkin and neal
glass and adams = sutter and cooke
kennedy = glass or adams or kennedy or ...

engo and despres = orpik and martin

playoff roster (if healthy)

I could be way off but seeing the lines last game and what they appear to be tonight. It seems Bylsma is playing out the lines to be:

duper sid iggy
koon geno neal
morrow jussi beau
cooke sutter adams (at least in game 1)

orpik martin
letang eaton
nisky murray
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Bioshock on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:01 pm

Are people freaking out again? He's gonna be back. Just relax.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DesertPenguin on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:02 pm

Beveridge wrote:

malkin = sid

I could be way off but seeing the lines last game and what they appear to be tonight. It seems Bylsma is playing out the lines to be:

duper sid iggy
koon geno neal
morrow jussi beau

orpik martin
letang eaton
nisky murray

I just read that explanation over in the Neal Skates thread, and it makes sense. I was looking for Bylsma to get Kunitz and Malkin together to get reacquainted, but I guess they spent all last season together so it shouldn't be a tough adjustment. The only guy with enough skill to stand in for Sid is Geno, although they do play significantly different styles. I guess getting Geno with his linemates is a moot point until they can get Neal back.
DesertPenguin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby SolidSnake on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:04 pm

SoCalPenguin wrote:

Again.

Take out the trash.

Again.

SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:05 pm

Don't worry. Smoke Peyote.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Beveridge on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:05 pm

DesertPenguin wrote:
Spoiler:
Beveridge wrote:

malkin = sid

duper sid iggy
koon geno neal
morrow jussi beau

orpik martin
letang eaton
nisky murray

I just read that explanation over in the Neal Skates thread, and it makes sense. I was looking for Bylsma to get Kunitz and Malkin together to get reacquainted, but I guess they spent all last season together so it shouldn't be a tough adjustment. The only guy with enough skill to stand in for Sid is Geno, although they do play significantly different styles. I guess getting Geno with his linemates is a moot point until they can get Neal back.

I think the bottom 6 are set. I think the only "thing" up for grabs is does Dan put Kunitz or Iggy with Duper and Sid. I think the answer is easy at least from what I've seen with my own eyes.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Steve on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:33 pm

SoCalPenguin wrote:

Again.

Take out the trash.

Again.

Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby murphydump55 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:38 pm

duper sid iggy
koon geno neal
morrow jussi beau

orpik martin
letang eaton
nisky murray

These line are absolutely ridiculous. The fact that we can roll these lines makes my head spin. GET HEALTHY already!!
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby PensFan1992 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:49 pm

murphydump55 wrote:
duper sid iggy
koon geno neal
morrow jussi beau

orpik martin
letang eaton
nisky murray

These line are absolutely ridiculous. The fact that we can roll these lines makes my head spin. GET HEALTHY already!!

I think Bylsma will switch jussi and beau with cooke and sutter. But, other than that, these lines are incredible. Wow.
PensFan1992

Postby Froggy on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:55 pm

PensFan1992 wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:
duper sid iggy
koon geno neal
morrow jussi beau

orpik martin
letang eaton
nisky murray

I think Bylsma will switch jussi and beau with cooke and sutter. But, other than that, these lines are incredible. Wow.

There is a lot of adaptability in this lineup, too. Not a lot of penalties getting called? switch Adams with tk to give a bit more offense. Need a physical edge? Throw Vitale in there. Not to mention we will have 6 or 7 guys who can play center dressed, so that will help when we get booted on face offs, and also makes shuffling lines easier.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins