Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby America on Thu May 02, 2013 8:51 pm

He practiced on his line today.
America
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby It'sagreatdayforhockey! on Thu May 02, 2013 9:01 pm

Beveridge wrote:Just says heavy limp. Could be just a way to word it to make it seem more heroic if he does come back. Who knows.

I don't read anything in to it. What's a heavy limp? Everyone's definition is different.

Mine definition is "walk similar to that of a pirate".

Spoiler:

Do you think Neal had his leg amputated? :scared:
It'sagreatdayforhockey!
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby She'sTheFastest on Thu May 02, 2013 9:30 pm

It'sagreatdayforhockey! wrote:
Beveridge wrote:Just says heavy limp. Could be just a way to word it to make it seem more heroic if he does come back. Who knows.

I don't read anything in to it. What's a heavy limp? Everyone's definition is different.

Spoiler:

Yes. But it will grow back in time for the next round, so don't be :scared:.
She'sTheFastest
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Gaucho on Thu May 02, 2013 9:43 pm

Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Pitt87 on Thu May 02, 2013 10:15 pm

Looks like he spent some time on the treadmill, if you believe the below:

Limp does look pretty bad...
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby Eismann on Thu May 02, 2013 10:21 pm

She'sTheFastest wrote:
It'sagreatdayforhockey! wrote:

Spoiler:

Yes. But it will grow back in time for the next round, so don't be :scared:.

James CamNEALeon.

I see what I did there.

:groan:
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby tfrizz on Fri May 03, 2013 8:21 am

pens#1 wrote:
PensFan1992 wrote:Just fyi... from the Trib: http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/393 ... z2SBM6KdvY

Defenseman Paul Martin opined that Crosby was “ready.”

“We're excited to have him back in,” Martin said.

As for me, I'll just wait until the morning skate to get excited about a return. :? Pens' PR has done a number on me. I have absolutely no expectations for when Sid will be back. I just know it's soon.

Anybody else see that story said Neal's limp seemed bad - everywhere else it didn't seem that bad

Reports on Neal were very conflicting. Some were reporting "slight limp" and others "limping very badly".
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Candleonwater on Fri May 03, 2013 8:21 am

Disclaimer: I haven't had a chance to watch all the videos/read all messages... so please help me out here.

Is it likely Crosby will play during this series? I'm taking my daughter to NY Sunday for the game. It's a surprise trip, I'm just putting her in the car with no idea where she's going. We were originally going to go to Pittsburgh for Fridays game, but I can't get away and she's pretty bummed. If there's a chance he's going to play, I'll spring for the closer seats. Otherwise I'm good with sitting up a little higher.

The next big question is... how safe is it for her to wear her Crosby jersey?
Candleonwater
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby TheGhostofGoulet on Fri May 03, 2013 8:23 am

I think Sid plays tonight, if not, game three is almost definite.

I would be more worried about breathing inside that arena than wearing a Crosby jersey.
TheGhostofGoulet
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DelPen on Fri May 03, 2013 8:26 am

Candleonwater wrote:Disclaimer: I haven't had a chance to watch all the videos/read all messages... so please help me out here.

Is it likely Crosby will play during this series? I'm taking my daughter to NY Sunday for the game. It's a surprise trip, I'm just putting her in the car with no idea where she's going. We were originally going to go to Pittsburgh for Fridays game, but I can't get away and she's pretty bummed. If there's a chance he's going to play, I'll spring for the closer seats. Otherwise I'm good with sitting up a little higher.

Depends if all the Nordiques fans like Crosby or not :)
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Inkio on Fri May 03, 2013 8:26 am

TheGhostofGoulet wrote:I think Sid plays tonight, if not, game three is almost definite.

I would be more worried about breathing inside that arena than wearing a Crosby jersey.

With no planned revisit to the doctor I doubt that he will play tonight. It's been 2 days since his visit, I highly doubt that anything has changed significantly enough for him to be able to play.
Inkio
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby tfrizz on Fri May 03, 2013 8:28 am

Candleonwater wrote:Disclaimer: I haven't had a chance to watch all the videos/read all messages... so please help me out here.

To answer your first question, I think it's very likely. Crosby, himself, said that when he practices with his normal line he'll be close to returning. Apparently Orpik also said something about the players being told not to disclose injury information to the media, so Crosby's "no change" could just be following those orders. Add in Martin's "it's good to have him back" and it definitely sounds like he'll return sooner rather than later.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Inkio on Fri May 03, 2013 8:29 am

I live right outside Philadelphia and have worn a Lemieux and a Straka jersey to multiple Flyers games and I'm a man. So I doubt that people will do anything to a woman at an Isles game. I got hassled a little but just people yelling at me or booing at me, I just smiled and kept walking and everything was fine.

As far as him playing... no one knows.
Last edited by Inkio on Fri May 03, 2013 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inkio
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Gaucho on Fri May 03, 2013 8:30 am

He practiced with his regular linemates and the 1st PP unit. That's all I need to know.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Inkio on Fri May 03, 2013 8:31 am

Gaucho wrote:He practiced with his regular linemates and the 1st PP unit. That's all I need to know.

He also rotated out of the lineup with Juicy and said that there has been no change right after practice.
Inkio
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Beveridge on Fri May 03, 2013 8:31 am

Gaucho wrote:He practiced with his regular linemates

This
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Candleonwater on Fri May 03, 2013 8:36 am

She's 16, so I'm quite protective, however, she does like to rile up the opposing fans. At a Caps/Pens game (in DC) she was called a "stupid whore". Good thing I wasn't at that game!

So, maybe it's worth the extra money... the tickets are right on the glass. I know that's not a prime game watching spot, but could be fun!

Not sure how I am going to get her jersey in the car without giving away the surprise.

Anyone here familiar with the hotels up there? I only know the Marriott (the obvious), and Garden City Hotel.

Inkio wrote:I live right outside Philadelphia and have worn a Lemieux and a Straka jersey to multiple Flyers games and I'm a man. So I doubt that people will do anything to a woman at an Isles game. I got hassled a little but just people yelling at me or booing at me, I just smiled and kept walking and everything was fine.

Candleonwater
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby CERV96 on Fri May 03, 2013 8:42 am

If he does not play tonight expect him Sunday. Especially if the Pens are up 2-0 in the series. If it gets to 2-0 he will need a few exhibition games in before the next series.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Eismann on Fri May 03, 2013 8:45 am

Inkio wrote:
TheGhostofGoulet wrote:I think Sid plays tonight, if not, game three is almost definite.

With no planned revisit to the doctor I doubt that he will play tonight. It's been 2 days since his visit, I highly doubt that anything has changed significantly enough for him to be able to play.

I still feel this way. Wouldn't mind seeing him play tonight, just not expecting.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Inkio on Fri May 03, 2013 8:47 am

Candleonwater wrote:She's 16, so I'm quite protective, however, she does like to rile up the opposing fans. At a Caps/Pens game (in DC) she was called a "stupid whore". Good thing I wasn't at that game!

So, maybe it's worth the extra money... the tickets are right on the glass. I know that's not a prime game watching spot, but could be fun!

Not sure how I am going to get her jersey in the car without giving away the surprise.

Anyone here familiar with the hotels up there? I only know the Marriott (the obvious), and Garden City Hotel.

Inkio wrote:I live right outside Philadelphia and have worn a Lemieux and a Straka jersey to multiple Flyers games and I'm a man. So I doubt that people will do anything to a woman at an Isles game. I got hassled a little but just people yelling at me or booing at me, I just smiled and kept walking and everything was fine.

The way you can get away with wearing jersey's at other teams arenas is to not rile up the the opposing fans. Especially if she's doing the riling and you're the one that has to take the punch. And God knows I would if I had a kid and someone came after her. But antagonizing is just not right. You have to be respectful of their territory and they won't bother you. I really suggest, especially during a playoff series, that when you get there you explain to her that you are there to enjoy the game and she be respectful of the other teams arena/fans. No gloating, and don't jump up when your team scores a goal(unless you are surrounded by Pens fans, which has happened to me and was great). It's a safety issue and it's insane that you actually have to worry about it at a sports event... but that's just the world we live in.

Wish I could help you with hotels but not familiar with Long Island. Also, pack her jersey in the bottom of your suitcase when she is in another room or something. Good luck!
Inkio
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri May 03, 2013 8:54 am

I am surprised she had an issue in DC. I wouldn't think you'd have an issue in Long Island, there will probably be a good amount of Pittsburgh support anyway. As far as the guy not having any issues at Flyers games, you're one of a few.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Candleonwater on Fri May 03, 2013 8:55 am

She's a really sweet kid... and I'd like to say her "riling" is unintentional... but I'm sure it's not. At the Pens/Caps game in DC this year, she was sitting down behind the goal, a light blue jersey in a sea of red. I was watching on tv, and when the pens scored, I saw this little blonde, in a light blue jersey, pop up out of her seat...! I know she'll want to wear her Team Canada (or whatever it is - red and white) jersey as she has said she doesn't want to wear it here since she'd blend in with Caps fans.

Once she finally knows what we're doing, I will have to talk to her about safety.

Inkio wrote:The way you can get away with wearing jersey's at other teams arenas is to not rile up the the opposing fans. Especially if she's doing the riling and you're the one that has to take the punch. And God knows I would if I had a kid and someone came after her. But antagonizing is just not right. You have to be respectful of their territory and they won't bother you. I really suggest, especially during a playoff series, that when you get there you explain to her that you are there to enjoy the game and she be respectful of the other teams arena/fans. No gloating, and don't jump up when your team scores a goal(unless you are surrounded by Pens fans, which has happened to me and was great). It's a safety issue and it's insane that you actually have to worry about it at a sports event... but that's just the world we live in.

Wish I could help you with hotels but not familiar with Long Island. Also, pack her jersey in the bottom of your suitcase when she is in another room or something. Good luck!
Candleonwater
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby PensFanInDC on Fri May 03, 2013 8:55 am

If he wasn't going to play, he wouldn't have skated with his line IMO. Why take that practice time and space away from who is actually going to play there.

Did Juicy practice yesterday. If he didn't, that's the only explanation I can have other than he is going to play. They tossed Sid in to "fill in" for Juicy who was going to play on that line but wasn't going to practice on the off day.
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Gaucho on Fri May 03, 2013 8:59 am

Inkio wrote:
Gaucho wrote:He practiced with his regular linemates and the 1st PP unit. That's all I need to know.

He also rotated out of the lineup with Juicy and said that there has been no change right after practice.

It's safe to assume he's very close. I don't put much stock in what he or any of his teammates say at this time of year.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pcmforless on Fri May 03, 2013 9:06 am

Isles fans are pretty friendly. 2 years ago we took all five of our kids to a game there. We had a guy give us a parking pass for free on our way in (we had pa plates and pens stuff on the suburban so it was obvious). I spilled my pepsi max on a guy in front of me (damned carpal tunnel) and once I let him know it was sugar free all was good. Game went to shootout and we all cheered goals either team and they all said see you next year when the game was over (their last home game). I think they are just glad to have people in the stands.
pcmforless
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins