Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Crysby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby JoseCuervo on Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:27 pm

Makes perfect sense to me. That line is built for speed. Keep it that way until Crosby gets back. Kenendy or Vitale are the only two centers who can bring that element to the line.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,809
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:20 pm
Location: Dallas

Re: Crysby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby DocEmrick on Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:32 pm

Great58 wrote:
Beveridge wrote:Keeping Maklin and Sutter with the guys they will be playing with in the playoffs is smart. Let those lines gel now.

I'd rather have Vitale center Kunitz and Dupuis because of faceoffs but speed wise Kennedy works just as good as Vitale.


Kennedy centering those 2 aren't gonna cost us in the long run and by keeping Sutter and Maklin with guys they will play with come playoffs (baring injuries) is a smart move because Sid will slide right back in with 14 and 9.

Except I heard Iginla got shot in the Hill District this morning. Details sketchy, but something about not knowing the area too well and making a wrong turn into a bad neighborhood with Hello Kitty flags on his car. :scared:


They wouldn't shoot Iginla...
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,179
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:33 pm
Location: SETEC Astronomy

Re: Crysby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby Rylan on Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:35 pm

My source told me that Orpik was aiming to hurt Crysby in hopes of finally getting rid of that whiner so he could be captain. Orpik felt that between him, Morrow, and Iginla that Crysby was no longer needed for leadership. This is unconfirmed, but my source is reliable.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,001
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Crysby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby iWonTheCup87 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:36 pm

love how people at work here in MD keep their mouths shut but when Crosby gets injured they come out to talk trash and call him a p***y. One woman was like yea i saw a guy pull out teeth and jump back in and i was like do you understand he had surgery on a broken jaw he didnt lose just a few teeth?

ugh gets me fired up :evil:

sorry had to vent a bit lol i cant stand Caps fans every one of them around me is bandwagon and has no hockey IQ whatsoever
iWonTheCup87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,346
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:42 pm
Location: Inside Crosby's basement dryer

Re: Crysby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby relantel on Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:39 pm

iWonTheCup87 wrote:sorry had to vent a bit lol i cant stand Caps fans every one of them around me is bandwagon and has no hockey IQ whatsoever


Well, the number of classy, long term caps fans would qualify as an endangered species :slug:
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,951
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:24 am
Location: The card table

Re: Crysby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby jwest21 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:41 pm

relantel wrote:
iWonTheCup87 wrote:sorry had to vent a bit lol i cant stand Caps fans every one of them around me is bandwagon and has no hockey IQ whatsoever


Well, the number of classy, long term caps fans would qualify as an endangered species :slug:

they need something to pass the time since the Caps season has been over for weeks
jwest21
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,089
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:59 pm
Location: on IR

Re: Crysby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby iWonTheCup87 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:45 pm

jwest21 wrote:
relantel wrote:
iWonTheCup87 wrote:sorry had to vent a bit lol i cant stand Caps fans every one of them around me is bandwagon and has no hockey IQ whatsoever


Well, the number of classy, long term caps fans would qualify as an endangered species :slug:

they need something to pass the time since the Caps season has been over for weeks


i agree on both even though they are only one point out right now from 8th. I could only hope they miss the playoffs, living here i almost hate them as much as the flyers honestly.

sorry to get off topic lol
iWonTheCup87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,346
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:42 pm
Location: Inside Crosby's basement dryer

Re: Crysby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby llipgh2 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:48 pm

The U wrote:Crysby still in the hospital according to DB.


Given that Shero said yesterday he needs additional dental surgery, this doesn't surprise me.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,421
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:29 pm
Location: Gasp! The Clamboni!

Re: Crysby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby littlemoonboot on Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:02 pm

They don't have any updates outside of surgery going well -- good news is no concussion symptoms still.
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,418
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:04 pm
Location: @burgyhockey

Re: Crysby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby relantel on Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:04 pm

I guess admin got tired of HK already, that 14 hours was enough.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,951
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:24 am
Location: The card table

Re: Crysby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby littlemoonboot on Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:08 pm

iWonTheCup87 wrote:love how people at work here in MD keep their mouths shut but when Crysby gets injured they come out to talk trash and call him a p***y. One woman was like yea i saw a guy pull out teeth and jump back in and i was like do you understand he had surgery on a broken jaw he didnt lose just a few teeth?

ugh gets me fired up :evil:

sorry had to vent a bit lol i cant stand Caps fans every one of them around me is bandwagon and has no hockey IQ whatsoever


I noticed the minute Ovechkin woke up and their season hadn't died, they started getting yappy.

At least when the Flyers suck their fans are still not afraid to be obnoxious anyway :lol:
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,418
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:04 pm
Location: @burgyhockey

Re: Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby MarioLives on Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:31 pm

For as bad as the Caps have been, they are like 4 points out the 3rd seed......they probably will win that division and get a favorable matchup in the 1st round. Lucky......
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,462
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:30 pm

Re: Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby nocera on Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:32 pm

MarioLives wrote:For as bad as the Caps have been, they are like 4 points out the 3rd seed......they probably will win that division and get a favorable matchup in the 1st round. Lucky......


They better take advantage of their last season in a crappy division.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,967
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:02 pm

Re: Crysby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby TrueNorth on Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:49 pm

Tico Rick wrote:I'm going to send Crysby some pink roses and Hello Kitty dolls to make him feel better.


That may not make him feel any better, but it should motivate him to get out of the hospital in record time. Everything’s a tradeoff.
TrueNorth
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:36 pm

Re: Crysby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby iWonTheCup87 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:59 pm

littlemoonboot wrote:
iWonTheCup87 wrote:love how people at work here in MD keep their mouths shut but when Crysby gets injured they come out to talk trash and call him a p***y. One woman was like yea i saw a guy pull out teeth and jump back in and i was like do you understand he had surgery on a broken jaw he didnt lose just a few teeth?

ugh gets me fired up :evil:

sorry had to vent a bit lol i cant stand Caps fans every one of them around me is bandwagon and has no hockey IQ whatsoever


I noticed the minute Ovechkin woke up and their season hadn't died, they started getting yappy.

At least when the Flyers suck their fans are still not afraid to be obnoxious anyway :lol:


very true. I asked people around here like a month ago how bout them caps and they are like who cares they suck and now its look at the caps gonna make the playoffs and beat the penguins LMAO. And i also get stuff like Penguins are overrated and will choke lol like do they even remember how many times the caps have choked?
iWonTheCup87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,346
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:42 pm
Location: Inside Crosby's basement dryer

Re: Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby PensFanInDC on Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:03 pm

Yeah. I'm getting a lot of "I don't like seeing people get hurt but LOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!"
PensFanInDC
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,252
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:28 pm
Location: Fredneck

Re: Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby iWonTheCup87 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:16 pm

PensFanInDC wrote:Yeah. I'm getting a lot of "I don't like seeing people get hurt but LOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!"


ive also gotten "you know ovechkin got hit with a puck and went back out after stiches" oh wait i forgot stiches = broken jaw + surgery????
iWonTheCup87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,346
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:42 pm
Location: Inside Crosby's basement dryer

Re: Crysby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby Geezer on Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:19 pm

MRandall25 wrote:People realize Kennedy was centering them for the majority of Saturday's game, right? Right?

And that line did nothing offensively.
Geezer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,365
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:24 am

Re: Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby iWonTheCup87 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:22 pm

id like to see maybe

Malkin Neal Iginla
Kunitz Sutter Morrow
Dupes Jeffrey Cooke
Adams Vitale Glass/ Kennedy?
iWonTheCup87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,346
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:42 pm
Location: Inside Crosby's basement dryer

Re: Crysby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby Geezer on Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:25 pm

llipgh2 wrote:
Geezer wrote:
llipgh2 wrote:Pens Inside Scoop tweeting Kennedy practicing with Kunitz and Duper.

Image

I hope that's an April Fools joke. I know Kennedy was a center in juniors.Errey sais Dupuis played defense in juniors; that doesn't mean he should fill in forLetang or Martin.
We have 2 actual scratched centers. Dutter should play on the top line and Jeffery and Vitale should get shifts on the third line. Whichever of the 2 plays better stays at the 3rd line spot.


Unfortunately, not a joke.

As for Vitale, apparently odd man out again. Not participating in any drills.

Disco won't use Vitale in the playoffs, he was getting scratched for Jeffries during the last month even for the 4th line center spot. I think Vitale had a decent shot at becoming a good 4th liner, penalty killer type for some team after next year unless he doesn't make the team next year.
Geezer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,365
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:24 am

Re: Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby Steve on Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:26 pm

iWonTheCup87 wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:Yeah. I'm getting a lot of "I don't like seeing people get hurt but LOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!"


ive also gotten "you know ovechkin got hit with a puck and went back out after stiches" oh wait i forgot stiches = broken jaw + surgery????


Have to give Ovechkin credit though, he got stitched up, and was right back out there, floating and cherry picking like nothing happened.
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,658
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:56 am
Location: Maryland

Re: Crysby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby PghSkins on Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:28 pm

relantel wrote:I guess admin got tired of HK already, that 14 hours was enough.


My 5 year old daughter is all :(
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,216
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:36 pm
Location: Beaver

Re: Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby shmenguin on Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:04 pm

TK centering the top line seems pretty silly on the surface, but the alternatives aren't really that exciting. jeffrey has cemented himself as being pretty lousy, vitale isn't anything, and while sutter is obviously a much better center than kennedy, he could use some time to gel with his line.

if DB thinks kennedy can handle himself at both ends of the rink, then go for it. you're not losing much, and you have dupuis as "200 foot insurance".
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,281
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby beachinit on Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:10 pm

shmenguin wrote:TK centering the top line seems pretty silly on the surface, but the alternatives aren't really that exciting. jeffrey has cemented himself as being pretty lousy, vitale isn't anything, and while sutter is obviously a much better center than kennedy, he could use some time to gel with his line.

if DB thinks kennedy can handle himself at both ends of the rink, then go for it. you're not losing much, and you have dupuis as "200 foot insurance".



WTH are you watching? Dustin Jeffrey's forechecking has been great especially in the corners, he also created some good scoring chances; although the puck never found the back of the net. Vitale wins critical faceoffs and isnt scared to go to the corners and grind. . Kennedy is horrible in the faceoff circle, an average puck passer but does have a shot (or at least likes to shoot the puck anytime he can). For now plan to see Sutter on the top line with Vitale and Jeffrey centering the 3rd and 4th.
beachinit
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:23 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby GDR on Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:15 pm

the Leafs are getting a chuckle out of it too apparently -

@kevin_mcgran Carlyle on Crosby's broken jaw: "Is that the hockey gods sending a message?"
GDR
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,848
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:48 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron
e-mail