Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Crosby Out With Broken Jaw

Postby Bioshock on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:00 pm

This whole ordeal can't be accurately assessed until we know if his mouth is wired shut or not.

If it's not, then he will be fine.

If so, his season is done.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby pens_srq on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:00 pm

farnham16 wrote:The blue jerseys have to be stopped though. I'm not really a believer in curses but this is ridiculous. The Pens should just refuse to ever wear them again if the organization won't get rid of them.

I completely agree in that I hate the newest 3rd jerseys b/c everything associated with them is bad. Fans need to stop buying them and they they'll disappear. But would be nice to voice it. I liked the baby blue ones. Why O why do they keep wearing them? Doesn't Sid have a say in this? He is way more superstitious than most of us... I'm surprised it wasn't in his contract.
pens_srq
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby pronovost19 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:06 pm

Titanium...not just good for your driver head...good for Sid's mouth...Terminator cyborg mode!
pronovost19
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby shafnutz05 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:06 pm

thepittman wrote:Reminds me so much of Mario's career, for both geno and sid.

Sure does.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby nocera on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:08 pm

pens_srq wrote:
farnham16 wrote:The blue jerseys have to be stopped though. I'm not really a believer in curses but this is ridiculous. The Pens should just refuse to ever wear them again if the organization won't get rid of them.

I completely agree in that I hate the newest 3rd jerseys b/c everything associated with them is bad. Fans need to stop buying them and they they'll disappear. But would be nice to voice it. I liked the baby blue ones. Why O why do they keep wearing them? Doesn't Sid have a say in this? He is way more superstitious than most of us... I'm surprised it wasn't in his contract.

According to Icethetics, this is supposed to be the last year for the blues. A new third is coming.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Henry Hank on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:08 pm

It sucks that injuries have cut into Sid's regular season accolades. This would be the third Art Ross he likely would have won if not for injury. Due to injury plus some Olympics and a lockout he's actually only ever played in one All-Star game and has no points in one of those games. But that stuff is meaningless. Malkin taking home a bunch of trophies didn't make me feel any better about last season.

Sid's game puts him in danger. He doesn't shy away from the dirty areas. He doesn't shy away from contact, in fact he often initiates it. That's why he's so good. But it's not a style that's going to lend itself to many injury-free seasons.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby farnham16 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:09 pm

nocera wrote:
pens_srq wrote:

According to Icethetics, this is supposed to be the last year for the blues. A new third is coming.

If its another blue one I might turn in my fan card.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Great58 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:11 pm

pronovost19 wrote:
TrueNorth wrote:
Easton wrote:The article mentions he'll have additional dental work done later this week. Would that be possible if his jaw had to be wired shut?

That’s a good point and I’m choosing to look at it as a positive. Apparently, he lost a few teeth in addition to sustaining a broken jaw and I would imagine that the dental work scheduled for later this week is related to that. My guess is they are waiting for some of the swelling to go down before they get started.

Just means higher liklihood he had plates instead of wiring him shut

Why is that? Why does having the plates result in a second surgery?
Great58
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby bringitonhome on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:11 pm

I just have a feeling his jaw isnt wired shut and he will be out 2-3 weeks.
bringitonhome
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Nizzy on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:11 pm

DesertPenguin wrote:Kunitz – Malkin – Neal
Morrow – Sutter – Iginla
Cooke – Vitale – Dupuis
Glass – Adams – Kennedy

Letang - Eaton
Orpik - Despres
Murray - Niskanen

That lineup can win a series

You tried lol haha you tried to put tyler kennedy on the 4th line, over Vitale. LMAO!!!!!!!!1 HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAH BYLSMA'S LITTLE GRINDER TIGER ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE BUT 3RD LINE CENTER.
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby farnham16 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:11 pm

Henry Hank wrote:It sucks that injuries have cut into Sid's regular season accolades. This would be the third Art Ross he likely would have won if not for injury. Due to injury plus some Olympics and a lockout he's actually only ever played in one All-Star game and has no points in one of those games. But that stuff is meaningless. Malkin taking home a bunch of trophies didn't make me feel any better about last season.

Sid's game puts him in danger. He doesn't shy away from the dirty areas. He doesn't shy away from contact, in fact he often initiates it. That's why he's so good. But it's not a style that's going to lend itself to many injury-free seasons.

In general that's true, but he wasn't really in a dangerous area yesterday. Orpik just completely misfired and went head high right at Sid. Another Penguin shooting that puck and it probably goes nowhere near Sids face.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby DMcGrew on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:13 pm

What determines if the jaw needs to be wired shut? I was thinking it'd only be wired shut if there was a clean break of the bottom jaw to limit movement. But I'm obviously no doctor.
DMcGrew
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby 71Aj66ax87 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:13 pm

bringitonhome wrote:I just have a feeling his jaw isnt wired shut and he will be out 2-3 weeks.

I think he'll be fine as well.People around here seem to expect the worst.
71Aj66ax87
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby DocEmrick on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:13 pm

The puck defelcted
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Admin on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:14 pm

71Aj66ax87 wrote:
bringitonhome wrote:I just have a feeling his jaw isnt wired shut and he will be out 2-3 weeks.

With a Crosby injury, shouldn't we just assume the worst until told otherwise? :scared:
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Great58 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:14 pm

farnham16 wrote:
Henry Hank wrote:It sucks that injuries have cut into Sid's regular season accolades. This would be the third Art Ross he likely would have won if not for injury. Due to injury plus some Olympics and a lockout he's actually only ever played in one All-Star game and has no points in one of those games. But that stuff is meaningless. Malkin taking home a bunch of trophies didn't make me feel any better about last season.

In general that's true, but he wasn't really in a dangerous area yesterday. Orpik just completely misfired and went head high right at Sid. Another Penguin shooting that puck and it probably goes nowhere near Sids face.

Wasn't the shot tipped? Not sure I blame Brooks with a misfire here.
Great58
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby NeddieVedder on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:15 pm

Nizzy wrote:
DesertPenguin wrote:Kunitz – Malkin – Neal
Morrow – Sutter – Iginla
Cooke – Vitale – Dupuis
Glass – Adams – Kennedy

Letang - Eaton
Orpik - Despres
Murray - Niskanen

That lineup can win a series

You tried lol haha you tried to put tyler kennedy on the 4th line, over Vitale. LMAO!!!!!!!!1 HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAH BYLSMA'S LITTLE GRINDER TIGER ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE BUT 3RD LINE CENTER.

Why are you the way you are?
NeddieVedder
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby 71Aj66ax87 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:16 pm

Admin wrote:
71Aj66ax87 wrote:

With a Crosby injury, shouldn't we just assume the worst until told otherwise? :scared:

Crosby tougher than people give him credit for.No worries he'll be back well before playoff time.
71Aj66ax87
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby farnham16 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:19 pm

Great58 wrote:
farnham16 wrote:

Wasn't the shot tipped? Not sure I blame Brooks with a misfire here.

Watch a slow mo replay. Its not clear at all if the puck deflects off an Islander stick, and if it does, it doesn't change direction at all.

Of course Orpik didn't mean to go head high at Sid, but he has a terrible shot. I believe he was trying to shoot the puck wide to play it off the boards but the puck went high on him.
Last edited by farnham16 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pens2005 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:20 pm

Bioshock wrote:This whole ordeal can't be accurately assessed until we know if his mouth is wired shut or not.

If it's not, then he will be fine.

If so, his season is done.

Ok Rob! Lol
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby KBone on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:20 pm

nocera wrote:
pens_srq wrote:

That is no longer true. It was the original intent to have a new 3rd for next year, but development of that has been stopped.

I don't know if that means they are completely ditching 3rds next year or just sticking with the current, but no new 3rd next year.
KBone
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby thepittman on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:21 pm

71Aj66ax87 wrote:
Admin wrote:
71Aj66ax87 wrote:

Crosby tougher than people give him credit for.No worries he'll be back well before playoff time.

I remember hearing this before :pop:
thepittman
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby offsides on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:23 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:
thepittman wrote:Reminds me so much of Mario's career, for both geno and sid.

Sure does.

Me too, but it is hockey not pool, plus all three played very agressively which gives them a greater chance of injury.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby nocera on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:23 pm

KBone wrote:
nocera wrote:
pens_srq wrote:

That is no longer true. It was the original intent to have a new 3rd for next year, but development of that has been stopped.

I don't know if that means they are completely ditching 3rds next year or just sticking with the current, but no new 3rd next year.

Shame. Thanks for the update.

Oh, and to keep on topic, CrOsBy!? :scared:
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:25 pm

I don't care if it's irrational I now officially ****ing hate Brooks Orpik and everything he has done this season. Ugh.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins