Team Russia

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Team Russia

Postby conforto45 on Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:00 pm

any chance Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, Malkin play on the same line?

If this happens.. this could be the deadliest line EVER to play in a hockey game
conforto45
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby FallenHero96 on Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:08 pm

That would be pretty sweet, I dont think they will play all on one line, but who knows.

The power play though, watch out.

It wouldn't be the deadliest line ever.... that belongs to the Lemieux, Francis, Jagr line.
FallenHero96
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby netwolf on Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:44 pm

FallenHero96 wrote:It wouldn't be the deadliest line ever.... that belongs to the Lemieux, Francis, Jagr line.

Ah... good times, good times. :)
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Vanbiesbrouck on Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:37 pm

There's only one puck on the ice, so I'm not sure Ovechkin and Kovalchuk would be the best to play together. Malkin seems a bit more of a playmaker, which would come in handy with the bigger ice.

It'd certainly bring back memories of Bure, Fedorov, Mogilny. Not sure they were the best ever chemistry wise, but 3 guys with more pure skill would be tough to find.
Vanbiesbrouck
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Stoosh on Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:06 pm

At one time, Russia had probably the greatest line in all of hockey with the KLM line (Krutov, Larionov and Makarov). Bure-Fedorov-Mogilny was one of the most dominant lines ever in the junior circles.

I'd love to see what Ovechkin, Malkin and Kovalchuk could do. Ovechkin is more of a team player than people seem to ever give him credit for. He's got 33 assists on a team with precious little goal-scoring talent to work with (Zubrus, and that's about it). And while Kovalchuk's inattention to defense would drive me nuts as a coach, he's supposedly an incredibly loyal teammate who will stick up for anyone on the ice. I'm not entirely crazy about his on-ice antics, but I love his intensity and you can't deny the guy's abilities. Wow...Malkin would be salivating at the chance to play on a line with wingers like that.
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins