Tyler Kennedy to center #1 line

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Tyler Kennedy to center #1 line

Postby pittsports87 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:05 pm

Obviously we would have won today if anyone else centered the first line.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Bioshock on Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:41 pm

pittsports87 wrote:Obviously we would have won today if anyone else centered the first line.

Obviously.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby The Snapshot on Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:51 pm

Jeffrey needs to center the 1st line while Crosby is out, which I don't think will be long. I want the other three lines to stay together and get some chemistry going. There is NO need to worry about chemistry with Sid and his linemates when he returns.

TK should stay on wing in the lower 6. Not hatin' on him at all, but he just isn't a center.

The points mean nothing, as we are not finishing lower than 3rd. Just get the system down across all of the lines.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby danish_penguin on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:01 am

I think Bylsma should go with Iginla-Malkin-Neal as our new 1st line and put Sutter together with Kunitz and Dupuis as the 2nd line.

Kennedy is a third liner and will never be anything else and plays well with Cooke. And they can get Jeffrey as a temporary center until Crosby is back. Or maybe Vitale as the center if Jeffrey can't perform.

And the we have the usual fourth line with Adams, Glass, Vitale or Vitale.

The Pens must remember to be ready for the playoffs and not chase the first seed like crazy as they did last season. They were tired against the Flyers and a first seed do not guarantee an easy road to the second round.
danish_penguin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby saints11 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:27 am

Tyler Kennedy is not a center. Ok, he won a face off against the Isles that led to Cooke's goal; that does not make him a center after his long period of time on the wing. Experiment gone bad. Unfortunately, TK is in a bind on this team. As currently constructed, he is not a top 9 forward on this team. In addition, since is not on the PK, he doesn't fit our 4th line as both 4th line wings kill penalties. Right now, I still feel he might be our best chip to be used to bring in an experienced 4th line PK/Center such as Boyd Gordon.
saints11
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby The U on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:09 am

Gordon might be a Pen by this time tomorrow....but what would Bylsma/Shero see in him that Vitale can't do? Vitale is fast, he hits, he plays north/south, he's American, non-stop motor, he is great on faceoffs. Based on all these rumors it sounds like they're trying to find a guy that's already on their roster.

TK should be/will be a real good 4th liner in the playoffs. He's playing way out of position right now (not his fault).
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby marek on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:38 am

Take my eyes!!! TK is far from an nhl center... Just take my eyes... Please GMRS... I'll write the check... Sign a center til Sid returns
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Saskunitz on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:58 am

The U wrote:Gordon might be a Pen by this time tomorrow....but what would Bylsma/Shero see in him that Vitale can't do? Vitale is fast, he hits, he plays north/south, he's American, non-stop motor, he is great on faceoffs. Based on all these rumors it sounds like they're trying to find a guy that's already on their roster.

TK should be/will be a real good 4th liner in the playoffs. He's playing way out of position right now (not his fault).

Championship pedigree? Boyd was a a former 1st round pick. :D
Saskunitz
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Pens4Life on Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:56 am

Maybe TK was showcased yesterday for a trade as top line player!? He didnt look good. He should be 4th line RW in playoffs..
We dont need Gordon.. Play Vitale,god-damnit..
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby saints11 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:05 am

Vitale is caught in that "quicksand" of...he'll be really good, once he gets experience; however, we can't play him now because he's inexperienced.....he is the forward version of Despres....in HCDB's eyes.
Gordon has what Dan is looking for in the dot and is really good on the PK, and has experience. The lack of experience also affects how we use Bennett. You would have thought we would have learned about youth being served in the play offs last year against the Flyers; I guess we didn't.
saints11
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Beveridge on Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:56 am

Newsflash: The youth of the Flyers wasn't the difference in that series. Flyers played like trash and we rose to the occasion to play worse than trash. That youth for the Flyers paid off in the 2nd round though.

Too many people obsessed with the Flyers on this board.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Pavel Bure on Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:04 am

saints11 wrote:Vitale is caught in that "quicksand" of...he'll be really good, once he gets experience; however, we can't play him now because he's inexperienced.....he is the forward version of Despres....in HCDB's eyes.
Gordon has what Dan is looking for in the dot and is really good on the PK, and has experience. The lack of experience also affects how we use Bennett. You would have thought we would have learned about youth being served in the play offs last year against the Flyers; I guess we didn't.

Bennett, rookie, got some good time in the NHL this season. He's not a world beater and certainly not a guy that can shoulder a load by himself at this point.

Despres, rookie, has gotten some really good time in the NHL as well. He's looked more rookie than stud the past couple games and that's to be expected when a young player like that is exposed to more minutes due to injuries

Vitale, not a rookie, doesn't project beyond a 4th liner, plays his heart out when he's out there, but there are guys above him on the depth chart. There's no one for sure I would say, "Vitale should no question play above him." at best taking out a player and inserting Vitale is 6 one way and half dozen the other.

Rookies have gotten their time this year. They've played protected minutes for a reason and it's showing with Despres. I still believe he's going to be very good but he can't be a big minute eater right now. Bennett will be with the big club next year and all this B.S. "Bylsma can't handle rookies" stuff should stop.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby no name on Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:55 am

Maybe my expectations were to high, but TK looked awful at center. His shoot first mentality is not good for a center, esp. in Dan Bs system.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:57 am

no name wrote:Maybe my expectations were to high, but TK looked awful at center. His shoot first mentality is not good for a center, esp. in Dan Bs system.

Put that lovable little tiger back on the 3rd line where he belongs
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:58 am

The U wrote:Gordon might be a Pen by this time tomorrow....but what would Bylsma/Shero see in him that Vitale can't do? Vitale is fast, he hits, he plays north/south, he's American, non-stop motor, he is great on faceoffs. Based on all these rumors it sounds like they're trying to find a guy that's already on their roster.

Gordon can pk, apparently the perception is that Vitale cannot.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby dollartaco on Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:07 am

I am a TK fan. But he isn't a center, and he never works well on a line with a better scorer. I love his intensity and I love that he will shoot from anywhere, but that really can't come at the expense of guys like Kunitz or Dupuis who are just plain better.
dollartaco
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins