The new additions

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

The new additions

Postby Scott on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:27 pm

Some things that the new additions have done/will do

Iginla is going to be a valuable asset for this team. He is exactly what this team looks for. A genuine two way player who plays every shift hard and fast.
Morrow is bringing a much needed net front presence. Not just someone to stand there but he actually knows what to do in front. Whether it be a distraction or get some garbage goals, this will be huge moving forward.

Lastly and might be a little over looked....the addition of Murray instantly made Orpik a better player. That alone brings a lot to the Pens before Murray himself has his own impact. I told my son the moment we got Murray that you will see the first game Murray plays for the Pens you will see a much more physical and active Brooks Orpik. I love it.

This is going to be a lot of fun in the coming spring.

Hopefully they continue with the "earn it" mindset. Something those three veterans can also help solidify.
Scott
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: The new additions

Postby littlemoonboot on Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:18 pm

Remember at the beginning of the year and post Flyers playoffs nightmare we wondered what this team's identity was?

Now they are just brimming with character. I don't wonder who will fill in the gaps when guys like Guerin or Talbot left/retired.

When Sid went down and the arena went silent I just really loved how they kept it together and pulled out a great win.

I love these new guys and our team so much! I haven't had a "crush" on a team like this since the 08-09 teams. I know this isn't the most insightful post, I'm just a fan giving her love. 8-)
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Shakes on Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:47 pm

Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby murphydump55 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:51 pm

Per @RenLavoieRDS, Iginla would like to sign an extension with the Penguins. If a deal can't be reached, the Kings could pursue in summer.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby firepower on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:55 am

I was at the Islanders game. It seemed that Morrow is still trying to get his place in the lineup, which is understandable because he keeps switching lines. Iginla looked a little off, which again is understandable because he got what 4 hours sleep, if that, and no practice. Murray was Murray. At the start of the game he was hitting people, by the second period those people were staying clear of him. Seems, at this point anyhow, to be the best adapted. Its real early though.

Sucks for Sid. Saw the shot and it was like watching it in slow motion.
firepower
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby sil on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:58 am

Morrow is absolute dynamite along the boards and in front of the net. The pens suddenly have a team that can not only transition up ice, but (with Morrow playing on the third line) have multiple lines that can actualy maintain possession. This is a good combo to have.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby danisu21 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:38 am

littlemoonboot wrote:Remember at the beginning of the year and post Flyers playoffs nightmare we wondered what this team's identity was?

Now they are just brimming with character. I don't wonder who will fill in the gaps when guys like Guerin or Talbot left/retired.

When Sid went down and the arena went silent I just really loved how they kept it together and pulled out a great win.

I love these new guys and our team so much! I haven't had a "crush" on a team like this since the 08-09 teams. I know this isn't the most insightful post, I'm just a fan giving her love. 8-)

I love this. This team has enough character to bring me back here. I'm so stoked for what's going to happen the rest of this season. :D
danisu21
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Sarcastic on Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:25 pm

I love the addition of Murray. Exactly the kind of guy I wanted. He's slow, but seems to play smart so as long as he doesn't get too excited his speed shouldn't be much of an issue. And his physical play speaks for itself.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins