Jussi Jokinen to Pens

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Jussi Jokinen to Pens

Postby SoupOrSam on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:59 pm

He was the hardest working player tonight behind Fleury.
SoupOrSam
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: Wanna fight? Why don't you stick your head up my butt and fight for air.

Postby brwi on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:03 pm

I've seen a lot of Carolina/Juicy games and that's the best I've ever seen him play since the NJ-CAR playoff series 4-5 years ago. Great effort tonight by JJ and he really brought it all game long, including key draws and then the SO. Big thumbs up to him!
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby MRandall25 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:07 pm

He's 2nd in NHL history in shootout goals with 31 (behind Datsyuk and Parise, both tied with 32)
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pronovost19 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:20 pm

I live near raleigh and have seen jussi play a lot. This game seemed to energize his game. He is a bonafide 20 goal scorer on the right team. I truly believe that what we saw from jokinen tonight is what we expected to see from morrow; a decent hungry hockey player who wants to be part of a winner.
pronovost19
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Froggy on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:22 pm

juicy.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby brwi on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:26 pm

pronovost19 wrote:I live near raleigh and have seen jussi play a lot. This game seemed to energize his game. He is a bonafide 20 goal scorer on the right team. I truly believe that what we saw from jokinen tonight is what we expected to see from morrow; a decent hungry hockey player who wants to be part of a winner.

:thumb:
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby tfrizz on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:31 pm

pronovost19 wrote:I live near raleigh and have seen jussi play a lot. This game seemed to energize his game. He is a bonafide 20 goal scorer on the right team. I truly believe that what we saw from jokinen tonight is what we expected to see from morrow; a decent hungry hockey player who wants to be part of a winner.

I think the big thing for Jokinen is that he doesn't have to do the heavy lifting when playing with Kunitz & Dupuis. His goal is a prime example - he got himself in space and Kunitz got the puck to him.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby SolidSnake on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:34 pm

Kunitz and Dupuis seemed to play a lot better as well. They played well with JJ
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DocEmrick on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:38 pm

Honestly would consider seeing him on the wing when Sid comes back. As much as I rag on his eurotrash ass, he had a hell of a game. If he can stay consistent, he will prove me wrong about eurotrash. Great game by him...but he has to keep doing it.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby murphydump55 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:49 pm

DocEmrick wrote:Honestly would consider seeing him on the wing when Sid comes back. As much as I rag on his eurotrash ass, he had a hell of a game. If he can stay consistent, he will prove me wrong about eurotrash. Great game by him...but he has to keep doing it.

Really?

60% faceoffs and 87% tonight, on a team that struggles on the dot outside of Sid, and you want to move him to the wing?

Kunitz - Crosby - Iginla
Bennett/Morrow - Malkin - Neal
Morrow - Sutter - Dupuis
Kennedy/Cooke - Jokinen - Adams

Glass, Jeffrey, Vitale

Something like that is what I envision, barring health. I doubt Bennett gets in, but the way it's looking, he makes that line better. I just don't seem room for, or any explanation for having Jokinen on the wing. Shero brought him in for his faceoff prowess, and to ignore that would be ridiculous.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby lemieuxReturns on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:52 pm

Why does everyone want duper on the third line?
lemieuxReturns
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby DocEmrick on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:56 pm

murphydump55 wrote:
DocEmrick wrote:Honestly would consider seeing him on the wing when Sid comes back. As much as I rag on his eurotrash ass, he had a hell of a game. If he can stay consistent, he will prove me wrong about eurotrash. Great game by him...but he has to keep doing it.

Really?

60% faceoffs and 87% tonight, on a team that struggles on the dot outside of Sid, and you want to move him to the wing?

Kunitz - Crosby - Iginla
Morrow - Sutter - Dupuis

Glass, Jeffrey, Vitale

Something like that is what I envision, barring health. I doubt Bennett gets in, but the way it's looking, he makes that line better. I just don't seem room for, or any explanation for having Jokinen on the wing. Shero brought him in for his faceoff prowess, and to ignore that would be ridiculous.

shut up no one likes you
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DelPen on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:57 pm

murphydump55 wrote:

Really?

Kunitz - Crosby - Iginla
Morrow - Sutter - Dupuis

Glass, Jeffrey, Vitale

Play him with Sutter so we never lose a faces off on that line again.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Desiato on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:22 pm

lemieuxReturns wrote:Why does everyone want duper on the third line?

I hate to sound dismissive, but I think it might have something to do with the fact that Iginla has been a fantasy winger for Crosby for so long that he's on an incredible pedestal. But he hasn't been that guy for a couple of seasons though. If it happens, god help him if doesn't produce: Iginlarovsky, etc...

Something else to consider is that Duper is the deference guy on the top line. Kunitz is next to Crosby in puck priority. Putting Iginla on that line might really screw up the balance they've achieved. A benefit of playing Iginla on the 3rd line is play will be designed around him, like he's used to.
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Henry Hank on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:32 pm

Jokinen could play wing and still take faceoffs. There have been plenty of times where Malkin's winger has taken draws for him because he's so terrible. He can be brought in for defensive zone draws. He can take draws on the PK. This isn't a video game where you mark someone as a winger and he can only do things wingers do.

Having said that, if everyone is healthy I'd have Jokinen play center on the fourth line. The Pens will dominate faceoffs in the playoffs with Crosby, Jokinen, and Sutter (who is over 50% on the season) taking the majority of the faceoffs.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby blackjack68 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:39 am

Ray Shero =

blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Sarcastic on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:55 am

MRandall25 wrote:He's 2nd in NHL history in shootout goals with 31 (behind Datsyuk and Parise, both tied with 32)

That's really impressive.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:56 am

With this guy now, we can literally make 3 scoring lines.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby helmespc on Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:18 am

Jussi Jokinen 1 - NYR 0
helmespc
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby GenoMachino71 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:36 am

tonight just shows, you can never have too much depth....
GenoMachino71
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby taz71 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:18 am

Neal is out so morrow gets a better look upfront
taz71
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby marek on Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:32 am

Earlier today I said I hoped he'd be the surprise of all the deadline deals... And I happy to say that I'm not disappointed :) cheers JJ welcome to Pittsburgh!
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Pens4Life on Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:36 am

Great game by Juicy or JJ,whatever :) He was flying out there and was a beast on faceoff dot,13 - 2!! I knew he was good player,but I thought he lost a step a bit in last two seasons,but didnt.. Could be replacement for TK next season for that price.
If you think of it know,he is too good of a player to be playing 4th line minutes.. So do we dump Cooke to 4th line? But where to play JJ,hm!? He should take faceoffs,that for sure..even if he will play LW otherwise.. Jokinen - Sutter - Morrow/Cooke 3rd line!
Blysma will have a lot to think about..
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby pekkasteele on Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:58 am

Pens4Life wrote:Great game by Juicy or JJ,whatever :) He was flying out there and was a beast on faceoff dot,13 - 2!! I knew he was good player,but I thought he lost a step a bit in last two seasons,but didnt.. Could be replacement for TK next season for that price.
If you think of it know,he is too good of a player to be playing 4th line minutes.. So do we dump Cooke to 4th line? But where to play JJ,hm!? He should take faceoffs,that for sure..even if he will play LW otherwise.. Jokinen - Sutter - Morrow/Cooke 3rd line!
Blysma will have a lot to think about..

Easy, 3rd for JJ

Kunitz - Crosby - Iginla
Neal - Malkin - Bennett
Jokinen - Sutter - Dupuis
Cooke - Vitale/Adams - Morrow

3 lines that realy can score, Jokinen and Sutetr can share time in the faceoff circle, and think about that 4th line!
pekkasteele
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Shakes on Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:35 am

marek wrote:Earlier today I said I hoped he'd be the surprise of all the deadline deals... And I happy to say that I'm not disappointed :) cheers JJ welcome to Pittsburgh!

I knew he'd have a more impressive debut than Morrow and Iginla combined. :P
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins