OFFICIAL GDT: 4/5/13, PENS vs RANGERS

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: 4/5/13, PENS vs RANGERS

Postby RentedMule66 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:31 pm

Fire0nice228 wrote:Having this stacked offense doesn't much matter when they can't get the puck out of the zone clean.

For such a stacked "O" I haven't seen great rushes...too much dump and chase...I know that's part of it, but with this teams speed and playmaking ability, we should have much better up ice rushes...maybe they need more time to gel with the new guys...
RentedMule66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Fire0nice228 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:31 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:
Nizzy wrote:Can anyone explain to me why Simon Despres is sitting tonight?

I'm not Bylsma bashing. I just simply don't get it. I personally believe Despres is the 3rd or 4th best defenseman that we have in the entire organization. Despres has done everything this organization has asked of. Hes faster, best all around player, bigger body, more potential than Mark Eaton. I like the Eaton signing, but it really bothers me that he gets playing time over Despres.

I really don't get why you aren't loyal to Despres in this situation. Mark Eaton is a mid season pickup. Besides experience, and maybe some slight positional awareness, why would you ever play Eaton over Despres?

It anyone like Jesse, Mikey, etc could break it down...I'd really appreciate. Like Bylsma seriously wants Letang - Eaton pairing. How can that even work? Eaton is so slow at this point in his career.

Thanks.

Because Despres has been awful for about 5 straight games.

Yet Niskanen continues to get a sweater :lol:
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby tfrizz on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:31 pm

Bylsma has to hold Orpik accountable at some point. I don't care how many games he's played or that he wears an "A", he's making stupid decisions and has become a liability of the ice. If Despres pulled the stuff Orpik's doing, he'd be sent down without a second thought.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby RentedMule66 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:31 pm

HEY....TK hit the side of the net....at least it touched rope...
RentedMule66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby DelPen on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:33 pm

Hand pass. Come on guys. Pay attention
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Fire0nice228 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:33 pm

RentedMule66 wrote:
Fire0nice228 wrote:Having this stacked offense doesn't much matter when they can't get the puck out of the zone clean.

For such a stacked "O" I haven't seen great rushes...too much dump and chase...I know that's part of it, but with this teams speed and playmaking ability, we should have much better up ice rushes...maybe they need more time to gel with the new guys...

Honestly, I think thats a Bylsmagic thing. Dump, chase, grind 'em down so that they beat in games 5,6, and 7. I could be totally wrong, but thats what I think. They'll take the rush if its there, but they'll dump it if its not. They certainly arn't going to circle back and regroup as one like the Redwings or the Russians of old.
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby murphydump55 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:33 pm

We look eerily similar to our early season struggled. Zero offensive zone time, giving up huge chances in our end and no transition game. I'll chalk the latter up to no 7 and 58.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby RentedMule66 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:33 pm

Nice D by Girardi without a stick
RentedMule66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:33 pm

Neal. God damnit. Rangers look fast tonight.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Pavel Bure on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:34 pm

Nizzy wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:

I'm not Bylsma bashing. I just simply don't get it. I personally believe Despres is the 3rd or 4th best defenseman that we have in the entire organization. Despres has done everything this organization has asked of. Hes faster, best all around player, bigger body, more potential than Mark Eaton. I like the Eaton signing, but it really bothers me that he gets playing time over Despres.

I really don't get why you aren't loyal to Despres in this situation. Mark Eaton is a mid season pickup. Besides experience, and maybe some slight positional awareness, why would you ever play Eaton over Despres?

It anyone like Jesse, Mikey, etc could break it down...I'd really appreciate. Like Bylsma seriously wants Letang - Eaton pairing. How can that even work? Eaton is so slow at this point in his career.

Thanks.

I completely disagree and haven't seen awful. Do you mind going into details? The entire team was really bad vs the rangers/sabres. You can't put that on him. Look how bad Niskanen was vs the Sabres. Why doesn't he sit?

Look we know you have Despres blinders in but he wasn't good the past handful of games. Bad decisions in his zone, bad penalties, bad on the PP, bad passes, he basically was playing like a rookie and neede to sit. He looked overwhelmed.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Rocco on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:34 pm

Neal buries that if he's playing for a big contract.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Fire0nice228 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:35 pm

Ah, Morrow just shanked that one darn.
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby NashvilleCat on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:35 pm

murphydump55 wrote:We look eerily similar to our early season struggled. Zero offensive zone time, giving up huge chances in our end and no transition game. I'll chalk the latter up to no 7 and 58.

That's a lot to lose.
NashvilleCat
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby The Snapshot on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:35 pm

Geno is the best player on the ice every night with Crosby out, including the other team, yet has rarely played like it.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Nizzy on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:35 pm

Fire0nice228 wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:

Thanks.

I said the same thing...

I want to keep Niskanen - Murray together. Since Engelland is a number 6 defenseman, and cant or doesnt crease clear...thats why murray was brought in. I don't know why Engelland even plays.
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Froggy on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:35 pm

i think we look good tonight
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pronovost19 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:35 pm

Morrow starting to learn his role...like what he is bringing tonight
pronovost19
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby DelPen on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:35 pm

All th defense has pretty much sucked so I don't know how anyone is singling anyone out. Won't be better until Letang is back so just accept it and move on.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby littlemoonboot on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:36 pm

I want a Morrow goal!!!
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby NashvilleCat on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:37 pm

Froggy wrote:i think we look good tonight

I wouldn't say we look good but we certainly don't look as bad.
Last edited by NashvilleCat on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NashvilleCat
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Froggy on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:37 pm

DelPen wrote:All th defense has pretty much sucked so I don't know how anyone is singling anyone out. Won't be better until Letang is back so just accept it and move on.

yep. there is not a single person on our back end who is not miscast now. just gotta try to hold the fort until martin and/or letang get back
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DelPen on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:37 pm

Froggy wrote:i think we look good tonight

Still don't like Neal and Iginla on the same line. Swap Iginla and Kunitz and see what happens for a period. Right now both top lines aren't doing anything. Might as well get one of them working.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Nizzy on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:37 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:
Nizzy wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:

Thanks.

I completely disagree and haven't seen awful. Do you mind going into details? The entire team was really bad vs the rangers/sabres. You can't put that on him. Look how bad Niskanen was vs the Sabres. Why doesn't he sit?

Look we know you have Despres blinders in but he wasn't good the past handful of games. Bad decisions in his zone, bad penalties, bad on the PP, bad passes, he basically was playing like a rookie and neede to sit. He looked overwhelmed.

Might as well trade him too then, because you're playing with his confidence. He needs to play through his crap games. Someone like Niskanen shouldn't be making the mistakes he has been. But its cool, Didn't eaton dip to free agency last time? Lets bring him back and play him over our top rated rookie at the NHL level!
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby RentedMule66 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:37 pm

DelPen wrote:All th defense has pretty much sucked so I don't know how anyone is singling anyone out. Won't be better until Letang is back so just accept it and move on.

Just curious and may be a dumb question or not, but does anyone know which toe Letang broke?...just curious how a certain toe may affect skating, etc...
RentedMule66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby lemieuxReturns on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:37 pm

Nizzy wrote:
Fire0nice228 wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:

Thanks.

I said the same thing...

I want to keep Niskanen - Murray together. Since Engelland is a number 6 defenseman, and cant or doesnt crease clear...thats why murray was brought in. I don't know why Engelland even plays.

Engel just took clowe off the ice for five minutes.
Last edited by lemieuxReturns on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lemieuxReturns
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins