Neal skates...

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Neal skates...

Postby Inkio on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:19 pm

Inkio
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Shakes on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:20 pm

Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 16m
DZ says he hasn't heard from NHL. Repeats it's unfortunate Neal was hurt. Said he's known Neal for a while and he's a good guy.
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:06 pm

Del Zotto is Italian for D-bag
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:18 pm

pens#1 wrote:Is there any update on Neal or Letang for that matter?

No practice until Monday, which means there probably won't be an update until the team reconvenes.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby BurghThing on Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:46 pm

so its OK if you leave your feet to deliver an elbow to a "good guy"? Glad to see the department of "player safety" isn't just lip service.
BurghThing
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Rylan on Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:47 pm

I hate these threads...can we come up with a new moniker for when a player is hurt?
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby bhaw on Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:52 pm

Everyone is saying elbowing, but isn't this also textbook interference? I mean, Neal didn't have the puck. Last I checked, even if the elbowing is hard to see, it's not hard to see a guy who had no control of the puck or even the ability to get control of it got drilled.

I only got to see the last 10 minutes and it was a clinic in terrible officiating (both sides, I'll add). I'm back to peaking my frustration level with the NHL in regards to the officiating again. Punish the idiots who make bad calls instead of covering for them.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:46 pm

Beau Bennett is not in the lineup for the Baby Pens. :pop:
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby FC on Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:58 pm

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Beau Bennett is not in the lineup for the Baby Pens. :pop:

I noticed this as well...Actually posted about it in another thread :face:
FC
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby rgj on Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:01 pm

the wicked child wrote:
littlemoonboot wrote:Someone put my mind at ease, I feel like injuries are threatening to ruin the whole damn season. :cry:

Crosby will be back before you know it and then there will be hell to pay.

I hope so, but realistically, I doubt it. When coming back from injury, Crosby is hesitant, unsure, and quite the average player. I don't expect much from him the rest of the season.
rgj
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby JeffDFD on Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:32 pm

rgj wrote:
the wicked child wrote:
littlemoonboot wrote:Someone put my mind at ease, I feel like injuries are threatening to ruin the whole damn season. :cry:

Crosby will be back before you know it and then there will be hell to pay.

I hope so, but realistically, I doubt it. When coming back from injury, Crosby is hesitant, unsure, and quite the average player. I don't expect much from him the rest of the season.

I think it is a little different when you dont know if your brain is going to turn to jello and can be hit and put you out for life at any moment...compared to a specific injury that needs time to heal. He will need time to shake off rust, but with the proper added protection, I do not think he will be near as timid as post concussion or something like a groin that can easily re-aggravate
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby no name on Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:45 pm

Rylan wrote:I hate these threads...can we come up with a new moniker for when a player is hurt?

I kinda like the "skates" moniker its the "watch" moniker i can do without.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby knives of ice on Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:54 pm

well, he tweeted after the michigan win today. sid said he was so bad he coudln't even watch tv....so i guess tht has to be positive minimally
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby The Snapshot on Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:49 am

I have to say that although I am still angry that Del Zotto doesn't even have a hearing or a fine for that play, I appreciate the Pens organizational approach to these things. No angry statements from the coach. No Press Conferences by the owner. We lose a top 6 guy while we are already fighting injuries to 3 of our top 5 players, and yet we take the high road.

I continue to be amazed by the hostility in the league's fans regarding our team, and the blatant misinformation about our players regarding diving, getting away with dirty plays, complaining, etc. It is so far from base I don't even know what to say.

We have a winning team - so that breeds animosity, but the Rangers and Senators in particular take every opportunity to smear our name. I find it funny that even though this is documented fact, we just go about our business without a word about the Del Zotto incident. If we deal with this at all, it is on the ice. So many chicken-**** opponents wage war in the press.

Class that breeds jealousy and contempt from our foes.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Lt. Dish on Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:25 pm

The Snapshot wrote:I have to say that although I am still angry that Del Zotto doesn't even have a hearing or a fine for that play, I appreciate the Pens organizational approach to these things. No angry statements from the coach. No Press Conferences by the owner. We lose a top 6 guy while we are already fighting injuries to 3 of our top 5 players, and yet we take the high road.

I continue to be amazed by the hostility in the league's fans regarding our team, and the blatant misinformation about our players regarding diving, getting away with dirty plays, complaining, etc. It is so far from base I don't even know what to say.

We have a winning team - so that breeds animosity, but the Rangers and Senators in particular take every opportunity to smear our name. I find it funny that even though this is documented fact, we just go about our business without a word about the Del Zotto incident. If we deal with this at all, it is on the ice. So many chicken-**** opponents wage war in the press.

I see you've been spending time on HF. Neal is public enemy #1 to the hive mind on the Flyers board, as well.

People ask me, "How can you support that team?" Are they serious, asking a born-and-raised Pittsburgher whom they know has stuck with the Pens through halcyon days and dark despair? Bugger off, the lot of them.
Last edited by Lt. Dish on Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Fire0nice228 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:28 pm

I think you make a good point bhaw about the interference. Typically a blatant interference that injuries an opponent is 5 10 game, review.
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby penny lane on Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:33 pm

The Snapshot wrote:I have to say that although I am still angry that Del Zotto doesn't even have a hearing or a fine for that play, I appreciate the Pens organizational approach to these things. No angry statements from the coach. No Press Conferences by the owner. We lose a top 6 guy while we are already fighting injuries to 3 of our top 5 players, and yet we take the high road.

Shanahan's last team was the nyr~
Matt Cooke taking on the NYR bench was awesome. Frankly I was shocked he didn't come away with a penalty.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby LAChrisPaul on Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:59 pm

penny lane wrote:

Shanahan's last team was the nyr~
Matt Cooke taking on the NYR bench was awesome. Frankly I was shocked he didn't come away with a penalty.

Seemed like the refs weren't even on the ice at that point. Took so long for them to get over there and stop it...
LAChrisPaul

Postby It'sagreatdayforhockey! on Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:15 pm

Rylan wrote:I hate these threads...can we come up with a new moniker for when a player is hurt?

Don't you hate it more that we even have a moniker when players get hurt?
It'sagreatdayforhockey!
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby TrueNorth on Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:59 pm

I, too, am constantly amazed at the hostility that some teams and their fan bases feel toward the Penguins. It’s almost surreal in its intensity and quite irrational. And while it’s one thing for fans to take to the internet and spew their venom, it’s quite another for players (and coaches) to shoot their mouths off to the press. I consider it very unprofessional.

Unfortunately, the Penguins are in a position where they can’t win. They will always have their detractors--a legion of them it would seem--as long as they have two of the best players on the planet and the resulting media attention that comes with that. Jealousy is an ugly emotion that typically spawns ugly behaviour. Thankfully, the Penguins have chosen to rise above all that and remain a class act. It’s one of the things I admire most about this team and the organization as a whole.
TrueNorth
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby MarioLives on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:38 pm

Neal is tweeting So that is good. Those screens can be bright.....
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:26 pm

Beau Bennett called up...

Interesting, as I still believe the Pens only have three callups remaining before the playoffs. They can have unlimited players on the roster, but only 3 recalls are allowed.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby 71Aj66ax87 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:05 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Del Zotto is Italian for D-bag

So,what's Tortorella Italian for?
71Aj66ax87
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby tfrizz on Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:28 pm

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Beau Bennett called up...

Interesting, as I still believe the Pens only have three callups remaining before the playoffs. They can have unlimited players on the roster, but only 3 recalls are allowed.

The existing “Four Recall Rule” will continue to be applicable, but only during the period between the Trade Deadline and the end of the Regular Season. Following the conclusion of the NHL Regular Season, a Club may exercise an unlimited number of additional Regular Recalls provided that it may have no more than three (3) Players on its Active Roster who were recalled by way of Regular Recall after the Trade Deadline, unless the fourth Player had been recalled during the Regular Season in which case such Player may remain in the NHL.

I have no idea how to interpret that... it's like "you can only have 3 recalled players on your roster unless you recall 4 players". :?
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby jwest21 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:40 pm

71Aj66ax87 wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Del Zotto is Italian for D-bag

So,what's Tortorella Italian for?

Mega-Dbag
jwest21
AHL'er
AHL'er