Pascal Dupuis Appreciation Society

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Pascal Dupuis Appreciation Society

Postby mbowman14 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:20 am

Was originally in the camp of 14-87-12 but after seeing Duper without Sid the last few games it is glaringly obvious 14-87-9 must remain. Pascal plays as hard as anyone (same for 87) and their sheer effort, along with some serious skill, has been what has made that line such a treat to watch this season. Their work rate doesn't allow for that line to have "off" games where they go unnoticed. Great to see hard work and practice with the finer parts of the game pay off for a such a seemingly likable guy in Duper.
mbowman14
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:55 pm

Re: Pascal Dupuis Appreciation Society

Postby sil on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:21 am

Pascal Dupuis saved my marriage. Thank you Pascal Dupuis.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,853
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:05 pm
Location: the Juice Case manufacturing plant

Re: Pascal Dupuis Appreciation Society

Postby Tico Rick on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:21 am

Is Pascal Dupuis the anti-Cooke?
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,156
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:12 am
Location: It's a great day for hockey!

Re: Pascal Dupuis Appreciation Society

Postby Gaucho on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:23 am

Pascal Dupuis > Mother Teresa
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 40,761
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

Re: Pascal Dupuis Appreciation Society

Postby dbizzle66 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:50 pm

I'm claiming first guy to use it as an acronym - PDAS -

but seriously ... Duper is this season's cure for aids
dbizzle66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 506
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:57 pm

Re: Pascal Dupuis Appreciation Society

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:57 pm

Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,056
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:21 pm
Location: Roger Roger.

Re: Pascal Dupuis Appreciation Society

Postby brwi on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:15 pm

mikey287 wrote:I'd be fine if he got a "thank you" contract. Something like 2 years, $2.5 million per or $2.75 million per to be honest. I, and this organization, am a big believer in treating your players right when they treat you right. Dupuis has played a big part of this team for peanuts in recent years, I wouldn't mind if we heaped on a few extra bucks as a thank you and then took it year by year thereafter.


:thumb: I agree with that price and value/reward for a couple of years more of Dupuis. He's earned it and I don't think he's slowing down at 34 either.
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,129
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:36 am

Re: Pascal Dupuis Appreciation Society

Postby oliasphodel on Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:43 pm

I'd like 4 years (2.5, 2, 1.5, 1.5), 1.875M cap hit.
oliasphodel
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:05 pm

Re: Pascal Dupuis Appreciation Society

Postby headh on Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:59 pm

He isn't going to accept some cut rate contract. Why should he? He's Pascal Dupuis.
headh
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:07 am

Re: Pascal Dupuis Appreciation Society

Postby silentom on Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:41 pm

Super Duper is the man. Always liked him on this team.
silentom
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:59 pm
Location: Santabarbaratown

Re: Pascal Dupuis Appreciation Society

Postby Tico Rick on Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:59 pm

Image
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,156
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:12 am
Location: It's a great day for hockey!

Re: Pascal Dupuis Appreciation Society

Postby Luckybreak on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:39 am

mbowman14 wrote:Was originally in the camp of 14-87-12 but after seeing Duper without Sid the last few games it is glaringly obvious 14-87-9 must remain. Pascal plays as hard as anyone (same for 87) and their sheer effort, along with some serious skill, has been what has made that line such a treat to watch this season. Their work rate doesn't allow for that line to have "off" games where they go unnoticed. Great to see hard work and practice with the finer parts of the game pay off for a such a seemingly likable guy in Duper.


I think seeing Duper the past few games is precisely why you can take him off Crosby's line. You are spot on about his work rate and don't doubt he deserves the top spot, but (unlike Neal) he still produces points without a superstar center and boosts any line.

BTW, is anyone else still waiting for their official PDAS member badge and magic ring?
Luckybreak
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 808
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:57 am
Location: Ash UK

Re: Pascal Dupuis Appreciation Society

Postby Mongoose87 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:44 am

Dupuis play without Crosby is making me think that we can use him and Crosby to get Iggy going, when Sid comes back.
Mongoose87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,908
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:04 pm
Location: The breakfast table of TRIUMPH!

Re: Pascal Dupuis Appreciation Society

Postby headh on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:02 am

He's one of the top performing UFA's sitting at #3 in points (behind Ribeiro and Ryder) and #1 in Goals.

Since Sid got hurt he has played four full games. He has 5 points, 2 Goals and has tallied at least one point in 3 out of 4 games. He is sitting at a + 1 over that four game stretch.
headh
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:07 am

Re: Pascal Dupuis Appreciation Society

Postby Tico Rick on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:46 am

^ It's a small sample size, but very impressive nonetheless.
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,156
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:12 am
Location: It's a great day for hockey!

Re: Pascal Dupuis Appreciation Society

Postby TrueNorth on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:19 pm

Luckybreak wrote:
mbowman14 wrote:Was originally in the camp of 14-87-12 but after seeing Duper without Sid the last few games it is glaringly obvious 14-87-9 must remain. Pascal plays as hard as anyone (same for 87) and their sheer effort, along with some serious skill, has been what has made that line such a treat to watch this season. Their work rate doesn't allow for that line to have "off" games where they go unnoticed. Great to see hard work and practice with the finer parts of the game pay off for a such a seemingly likable guy in Duper.


I think seeing Duper the past few games is precisely why you can take him off Crosby's line. You are spot on about his work rate and don't doubt he deserves the top spot, but (unlike Neal) he still produces points without a superstar center and boosts any line.

BTW, is anyone else still waiting for their official PDAS member badge and magic ring?


I love the Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis line and would hate to see it dismantled. Duper has earned his spot as one of Sid’s wingers and is showing game after game why he deserves to keep it. However, the very qualities that make him a perfect fit for Sid’s line may actually cost him that plum role rather than solidifying his position. There’s a certain irony in that.
TrueNorth
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:36 pm

Re: Pascal Dupuis Appreciation Society

Postby Luckybreak on Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:25 pm

TrueNorth wrote:
Luckybreak wrote:
mbowman14 wrote:Was originally in the camp of 14-87-12 but after seeing Duper without Sid the last few games it is glaringly obvious 14-87-9 must remain. Pascal plays as hard as anyone (same for 87) and their sheer effort, along with some serious skill, has been what has made that line such a treat to watch this season. Their work rate doesn't allow for that line to have "off" games where they go unnoticed. Great to see hard work and practice with the finer parts of the game pay off for a such a seemingly likable guy in Duper.


I think seeing Duper the past few games is precisely why you can take him off Crosby's line. You are spot on about his work rate and don't doubt he deserves the top spot, but (unlike Neal) he still produces points without a superstar center and boosts any line.

BTW, is anyone else still waiting for their official PDAS member badge and magic ring?


I love the Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis line and would hate to see it dismantled. Duper has earned his spot as one of Sid’s wingers and is showing game after game why he deserves to keep it. However, the very qualities that make him a perfect fit for Sid’s line may actually cost him that plum role rather than solidifying his position. There’s a certain irony in that.


I think you're right, he could be his own worst enemy in that sense, I also think Sutter stands to benefit in that scenario. He needs a spark and Duper could really mesh there, Cooke/Morrow-Sutter-Dupuis. For me ?-Crosby-Iginla makes too much sense, probably why it won't happen lol!

Let's hope Dupuis keeps up this stellar play whichever line he's on, he deserves the relatively new-found recognition and appreciation!
Luckybreak
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 808
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:57 am
Location: Ash UK

Re: Pascal Dupuis Appreciation Society

Postby Big Easy Pens Fan on Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:54 pm

At one point in time (maybe still) Dupuis was Crosby's rooimie on the road. Methinks that some of Crosby's work ethic and passion rubbed off on Pascal, not that he didn't have a whole bunch of those already. :thumb:

BEPF
Big Easy Pens Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,602
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:18 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA

Re: Pascal Dupuis Appreciation Society

Postby shmenguin on Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:21 pm

brwi wrote:
mikey287 wrote:I'd be fine if he got a "thank you" contract. Something like 2 years, $2.5 million per or $2.75 million per to be honest. I, and this organization, am a big believer in treating your players right when they treat you right. Dupuis has played a big part of this team for peanuts in recent years, I wouldn't mind if we heaped on a few extra bucks as a thank you and then took it year by year thereafter.


:thumb: I agree with that price and value/reward for a couple of years more of Dupuis. He's earned it and I don't think he's slowing down at 34 either.


some other team is going to out-bid us for dupuis this summer. i do believe he'll give us a discount, but if someone's going to give him something like 2 years, 8 million, i don't see us being able to compete with that.

even though there are a few red flags surrounding his production, it's still production.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,416
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: Pascal Dupuis Appreciation Society

Postby MRandall25 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:23 pm

shmenguin wrote:
brwi wrote:
mikey287 wrote:I'd be fine if he got a "thank you" contract. Something like 2 years, $2.5 million per or $2.75 million per to be honest. I, and this organization, am a big believer in treating your players right when they treat you right. Dupuis has played a big part of this team for peanuts in recent years, I wouldn't mind if we heaped on a few extra bucks as a thank you and then took it year by year thereafter.


:thumb: I agree with that price and value/reward for a couple of years more of Dupuis. He's earned it and I don't think he's slowing down at 34 either.


some other team is going to out-bid us for dupuis this summer. i do believe he'll give us a discount, but if someone's going to give him something like 2 years, 8 million, i don't see us being able to compete with that.

even though there are a few red flags surrounding his production, it's still production.


I also don't really see Dupuis being one to chase the $$$, especially with his wife and young kids.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,728
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Pascal Dupuis Appreciation Society

Postby Gaucho on Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:57 pm

A wife and half a dozen kids would be a good reason to go after the money. Couldn't blame him at all for wanting to test the market.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 40,761
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

Re: Pascal Dupuis Appreciation Society

Postby MRandall25 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:59 pm

Gaucho wrote:A wife and half a dozen kids would be a good reason to go after the money. Couldn't blame him at all for wanting to test the market.


I would think it would be more reason to stay so he doesn't have to uproot them *shrug*
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,728
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Pascal Dupuis Appreciation Society

Postby columbia on Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:30 pm

I'm afraid that Dupuis is going to get paaaaaaiiiiiid next year.

Spoiler:
Elsewhere.


I had predicted that he could regress to his mean and pot in the 82 game equivalent of 15.
Very thankful to be wrong on that one.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 45,875
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am

Re: Pascal Dupuis Appreciation Society

Postby SolidSnake on Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:32 pm

Right now, I'm not appreciating that he's helping trash my fantasy team.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,127
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:41 pm
Location: Winners don't use drugs.- William S. Sessions.

Re: Pascal Dupuis Appreciation Society

Postby Beveridge on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:21 pm

buyout glass, give duper his 1.1 on top of what he's got now for the next 3 seasons.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,292
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:38 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

e-mail