Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby offsides on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:34 pm

blackjack68 wrote:
marek wrote:
offsides wrote:Now play good solid D and close this out.


I need one more for my puck line bet!!!


Done and done.


:thumb: :D :fist:
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,476
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:48 pm
Location: Man Cave in Washington, PA

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby CERV96 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:34 pm

pressure=9Pa wrote:W


I
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,654
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:49 am
Location: It's poop again!

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby BurghThing on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:34 pm

Where's my post game code ********?!
BurghThing
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 7,404
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:22 pm
Location: All You Can Eat Crow Tavern

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby Gaucho on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:34 pm

I can haz a banner?
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,506
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby farnham16 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:34 pm

Nice to not have that 4 seed for a change.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,418
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:50 pm
Location: Trying to get to my game

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby Lt. Dish on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:36 pm

blackjack68 wrote:Lights out!


Uh huh! Flash! Flash! Flash!

Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,965
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: PDAS: In Good Hands Since 2008. JOIN TODAY!

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby penny lane on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:36 pm

I bet Morrow could bark out a few words on the bench. He seems to be a very straight shooter.
A leader that doesn't care that he hasn't been around 4 ever.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,622
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Have fun, kick butt!

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby Lt. Dish on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:37 pm

dbizzle66 wrote:PDAS members stand proud !



CHEERS!!!
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,965
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: PDAS: In Good Hands Since 2008. JOIN TODAY!

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby Tico Rick on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:38 pm

Image
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,313
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:12 am
Location: It's a great day for hockey!

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby The Snapshot on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:38 pm

The Snapshot wrote:This Carolina team is terrible, and is giving us plenty to feast on. Unfortunately we are being good guests and giving them gifts as well.

This is a very sloppy game, and there is not a single line in synch right now. Just dreadful.


From the last Carolina goal on, we finally played in synch and managed the puck much better. There were quite a few "almosts" for Malkin's line in that stretch, in addition to Geno's goal. The D got much better and did a pretty decent job down the stretch.

A lot of good signs seeing as the Pens did not have their A game tonight, but gutted it out and got some big performances from Dupuis, Morrow and Bennett.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,282
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:28 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby tfrizz on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:38 pm

penny lane wrote:I bet Morrow could bark out a few words on the bench. He seems to be a very straight shooter.
A leader that doesn't care that he hasn't been around 4 ever.

Yup. There is a reason he was brought in. Think of it as a Gary Roberts type acquisition - brought in for grit and leadership.
Last edited by tfrizz on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,286
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:49 am
Location: Freddy Beach

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby JeffDFD on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:38 pm

Saw someone mention on Twitter.

Last team ever to win the Atlantic Division
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,575
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 2:55 pm
Location: Inside the tumor in Crosby's neck.

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby The Snapshot on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:39 pm

Flyers season effectively over at the hands of the Isles. The Isles are now 7-2-1 when it matters. They are really making strides.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,282
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:28 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby Lt. Dish on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:39 pm

CERV96 wrote:
pressure=9Pa wrote:W


I


N
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,965
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: PDAS: In Good Hands Since 2008. JOIN TODAY!

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby mariojr on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:40 pm

I'm afraid to get too excited about this win. We took advantage of a not-so-good team playing the 2nd of back-to-back, and we still trailed entering the 3rd. We still need Crosby back in the worst way, and I don't know that he's coming back this season. From the sound of things, he's not worried about keeping his weight up, which sounds like he thinks he's done. We need Letang and Martin back in the worst way as well, not to mention the Real Deal. Martin was having almost a Norris candidate type season. Still, to see the offense come alive in the third through hard work and going to the net, to see Malkin get interested and score, and to see them close it out the right way, all of those are good signs. Would have been nice if Glass had gotten that goal; he worked hard that shift. A goal would have been a well-earned reward.
mariojr
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,018
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:15 pm

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby dixonyy18 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:42 pm

Dupuis, Morrow and Jussi played an amazing game
dixonyy18
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:09 am

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby Tico Rick on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:42 pm

Lt. Dish wrote:
CERV96 wrote:
pressure=9Pa wrote:W


I


N
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,313
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:12 am
Location: It's a great day for hockey!

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby FreeCandy44 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:42 pm

So Dicks should have T Shirts tomorrow right?
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,409
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: Chino Moreno Likes Toast!

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby Beveridge on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:43 pm

mariojr wrote: We still need Crosby back in the worst way, and I don't know that he's coming back this season. From the sound of things, he's not worried about keeping his weight up, which sounds like he thinks he's done.


Orrrrrrrrrrrrrr, he isn't worried cause he know it won't be hard to get it back on.

I honestly wonder how some people get through the day because they seem so miserable and negative all the time.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,732
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:38 pm
Location: Punxsutawney

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby Gaucho on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:43 pm

mariojr wrote:We still need Crosby back in the worst way, and I don't know that he's coming back this season. From the sound of things, he's not worried about keeping his weight up, which sounds like he thinks he's done.


Um, what?
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,506
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby The Snapshot on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:43 pm

dixonyy18 wrote:Dupuis, Morrow and Jussi played an amazing game


Bennett adds a nice element on that 4th line. He is very sound defensively and can actually make some hands plays.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,282
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:28 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby NashvilleCat on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:44 pm

mariojr wrote:I'm afraid to get too excited about this win. We took advantage of a not-so-good team playing the 2nd of back-to-back, and we still trailed entering the 3rd. We still need Crosby back in the worst way, and I don't know that he's coming back this season. From the sound of things, he's not worried about keeping his weight up, which sounds like he thinks he's done. We need Letang and Martin back in the worst way as well, not to mention the Real Deal. Martin was having almost a Norris candidate type season. Still, to see the offense come alive in the third through hard work and going to the net, to see Malkin get interested and score, and to see them close it out the right way, all of those are good signs. Would have been nice if Glass had gotten that goal; he worked hard that shift. A goal would have been a well-earned reward.

I see your point but it's kind of a trap game with a depleted team with shuffled lines. Could have been worse.
NashvilleCat
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,130
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 8:18 pm
Location: 4.5 hours south of Josh Harrison's hometown.

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby The Snapshot on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:44 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:So Dicks should have T Shirts tomorrow right?


Yes you can go buy yourself a T-Shirt so that you and others like you have one..... :lol: :pop:
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,282
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:28 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby FreeCandy44 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:45 pm

The Snapshot wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:So Dicks should have T Shirts tomorrow right?


Yes you can go buy yourself a T-Shirt so that you and others like you have one..... :lol: :pop:

Gotta get in line with the rest of the Lemmings.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,409
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: Chino Moreno Likes Toast!

Re: Official Gameday Thread: Pens @ Canes 09/04/13

Postby The Snapshot on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:49 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:So Dicks should have T Shirts tomorrow right?


Yes you can go buy yourself a T-Shirt so that you and others like you have one..... :lol: :pop:

Gotta get in line with the rest of the Lemmings.


I think you missed my joke. I admit it was not my best work.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,282
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:28 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CERV96, DelPen and 14 guests


e-mail