Game 41 vs. Bolts - Thoughts from the Morning After

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Game 41 vs. Bolts - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby Fire0nice228 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:01 am

Yeah I agree. Sutter has been just fine. He wasn't brought in here to score points. I wish his faceoff was a bit better, but hes still at 50% overall. It seems like everyone he loses has ended up in the back of the net as of late.
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Fire0nice228 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:02 am

Also, thought it was horsecrap that Crombeen didn't take off his helmet when Murray did
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby The Snapshot on Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:06 am

Fire0nice228 wrote:Also, thought it was horsecrap that Crombeen didn't take off his helmet when Murray did

That is the best Crombeen has done in a fight this year. If you didn't see it, he was knocked completely out and sustained a pretty good concussion earlier in the year, and I've seen him get tuned up pretty good a few other times. I'm guessing he has completely given up the idea of shedding his helmet as a result. Not sure how Murray could have known that though.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby RisslingsMissingTeeth on Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:09 am

columbia wrote:Dupuis-Crosby-Iginla
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Morrow-Sutter-Jokinen
Cooke - don't - care

That may be the worst 3rd line in the history of hockey. None of those guys possess any speed at all and it would be your shut-down cycling line?
RisslingsMissingTeeth
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Desiato on Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:11 am

RisslingsMissingTeeth wrote:less you think his productivity is going to slow down. He is on a faster scoring pace, a better face-off guy and more experienced

What he's giving the Pens, he's given before. Based on history, he's probably going to slow down. Sutter has been a fantastic 3rd line center.

Jussi's role on this team will probably be that of a fill-in as necessitated by situation and injuries. I hope we see him take a lot of faceoffs with Geno on the ice.

Iginla hasn't shown enough upside to warrant breaking up Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis; the best line in hockey before Crosby's puck in the face. He has 1 ES assist playing with Geno for six games. He's getting the longest free ride in the history of LGP.
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby PittPensFan on Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:18 am

-Vokoun reminds me of Barrasso in his playing style. Stands up a lot if he can, likes to use his glove which at times disappears, and often you have no idea he's made a save because he seldom reacts when the puck hits him. He's not nearly as aggressive playing the puck or deliberately injuring opposing forwards though. BTW, he could reach the big 300 this year...
-Letang made a huge difference in the team's offensive breakout. They didn't have nearly as many struggles entering the offensive zone last night as they did the past few games without him.
-Tanner Glass had his Kelly Buchburger moment last night. Good for him.
-That Gudas guy may wind up in Philly soon. He's their type (a goon). Good on the refs for finally bouncing him. Bad on the refs for letting him run around and cause trouble for three quarters of a period.
PittPensFan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby sil on Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:31 am

RisslingsMissingTeeth wrote:
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Morrow-Sutter-Jokinen
Cooke - don't - care

That may be the worst 3rd line in the history of hockey. None of those guys possess any speed at all and it would be your shut-down cycling line?

Hmm. Interesting to see such drastic difference of opinions, because that third line, to me, would be about as good as we could hope for.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby IntangibleBeer on Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:31 am

Desiato wrote:I'm disappointed the Pens don't play the Flyers again this year. I almost hope they get 8th seed. It wouldn't be Neal standing up to Hartnell if they did.

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing Murray rearrange Hartnell's face (anything would be an improvement). :thumb:
IntangibleBeer
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby astro4k on Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:51 am

IntangibleBeer wrote:
Desiato wrote:I'm disappointed the Pens don't play the Flyers again this year. I almost hope they get 8th seed. It wouldn't be Neal standing up to Hartnell if they did.

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing Murray rearrange Hartnell's face (anything would be an improvement). :thumb:

and Murray would get bonus points if he could shave off that clown wig somehow...
astro4k
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby America on Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:56 am

Hartnell has a face you just look at and want to punch.
America
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Fire0nice228 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:58 am

The Snapshot wrote:
Fire0nice228 wrote:Also, thought it was horsecrap that Crombeen didn't take off his helmet when Murray did

That is the best Crombeen has done in a fight this year. If you didn't see it, he was knocked completely out and sustained a pretty good concussion earlier in the year, and I've seen him get tuned up pretty good a few other times. I'm guessing he has completely given up the idea of shedding his helmet as a result. Not sure how Murray could have known that though.

I wasn't aware of that, but it doesnt change my mind. If he is afraid, don't challenge others to fight or play that type of game.
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Tico Rick on Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:10 pm

Fire0nice228 wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:

I wasn't aware of that, but it doesnt change my mind. If he is afraid, don't challenge others to fight or play that type of game.

I agree. If the other guy takes off his helmet, you take off yours. If you aren't willing to do that, then don't fight.
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby PensFanInDC on Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:17 pm

Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Morrow-Sutter-Jokinen
Cooke - don't - care

Oh ok. I understand now. You know nothing about hockey. It all makes sense now. I'll just ignore your input on all hockey related items from now on. NHR is a different story. I'm sure you can contribute like the rest of us shlubs in there :fist:
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby RisslingsMissingTeeth on Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:24 pm

PensFanInDC wrote:
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Morrow-Sutter-Jokinen
Cooke - don't - care

Oh ok. I understand now. You know nothing about hockey. It all makes sense now. I'll just ignore your input on all hockey related items from now on. NHR is a different story. I'm sure you can contribute like the rest of us shlubs in there :fist:

Your second grade teacher taught you come-backs? And if you think I needed you to validate my hockey knowledge you have greatly over-valued your existence.
RisslingsMissingTeeth
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:30 pm

sil wrote:
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Morrow-Sutter-Jokinen
Cooke - don't - care

Hmm. Interesting to see such drastic difference of opinions, because that third line, to me, would be about as good as we could hope for.

I don't think of shut-down and cycling as the same thing. Cycling is an offensive mindset. "shut-down" is a defensive mindset.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:31 pm

Tico Rick wrote:
Fire0nice228 wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:

I agree. If the other guy takes off his helmet, you take off yours. If you aren't willing to do that, then don't fight.

The way I look at it is that if the other guy takes off his helmet, he is stupid. No other thought needs to go into it. You can win a fight and go down backwards.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Froggy on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:08 pm

DocEmrick wrote:Our 4th line in 09 was like Satan - Adams and Sykora, and we all know how that worked out

For most of it it was Satan-Crosby-Dupuis while we rolled 7d. Adams and Sykora were scratches
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:11 pm

For most of it and while the Pens rolled 7d are not the same thing.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:15 pm

Tico Rick wrote:
Fire0nice228 wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:

Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby DesertPenguin on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:30 pm

Two equal power play units with everyone back. Have to.

Kunitz - Jokinen

Iginla - Martin - Sid

--------------------------

Morrow - Neal

Nisky/ - Letang - Geno
Bennett

We have one timers to either side of the point man, net front presence and trigger man covered perfectly on both units.
DesertPenguin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby shmenguin on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:33 pm

Desiato wrote:Sutter has been a fantastic 3rd line center.

"solid". probably "good". not "fantastic".
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Penspal on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:54 pm

- TK was credited with 5 shots last night. A shot has to be on net to count, and on one shift he had 4 shots attempts. The guy is a shooting machine and having that kind of machine on the 4th line is all good in my books.

- only 2 Pens played more than 20 minutes last night. Nisky (24:17) & Letang (23:31). Special teams evened out the minutes, but hopefully the Pens can rest/heal down the final stretch

- Pens were credited with only 24 hits last night??? Supposedly none from Kunitz, Morrow, Duper, Sutter, Iggy and Bennett??? WTF, c'mon tbay stats peeps
Penspal
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby joopen on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:58 pm

Penspal wrote:- TK was credited with 5 shots last night. A shot has to be on net to count, and on one shift he had 4 shots attempts. The guy is a shooting machine and having that kind of machine on the 4th line is all good in my books.

- only 2 Pens played more than 20 minutes last night. Nisky (24:17) & Letang (23:31). Special teams evened out the minutes, but hopefully the Pens can rest/heal down the final stretch

- Pens were credited with only 24 hits last night??? Supposedly none from Kunitz, Morrow, Duper, Sutter, Iggy and Bennett??? WTF, c'mon tbay stats peeps

They only know how to track one-timers from the faceoff circle
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Admin on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:13 pm

Penspal wrote:- Pens were credited with only 24 hits last night??? Supposedly none from Kunitz, Morrow, Duper, Sutter, Iggy and Bennett??? WTF, c'mon tbay stats peeps

Maybe that's what Morrow was trying to tell Bishop, "I didn't hit you. Check the stats."
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Gaucho on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:37 pm

I distinctly remember Bennett hitting someone in the 3rd.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins