Crosbys mouth

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby Daniel on Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:37 am

Vanbiesbrouck wrote:Go watch curling.

Ya know, I must take offense to your attitude that people who do curling don't cuss. You just think it is shuffle board on ice and no one cusses. Oh wait..... :shock:
Daniel
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby FallenHero96 on Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:51 am

A quick word about Crosby complaining to the refs... you know who did that even more than crosby early in his career too?

Oh yes, The Great One was a Great Crybaby in the beginning of his career.

You can see how its totally tarnished his reputation and nobody respects him. :roll:
FallenHero96
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby NIN on Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:54 am

FallenHero96 wrote:A quick word about Crosby complaining to the refs... you know who did that even more than crosby early in his career too?

Oh yes, The Great One was a Great Crybaby in the beginning of his career.

You can see how its totally tarnished his reputation and nobody respects him. :roll:

It's still stupid to yap at the refs and/or say "F-U" to them. Other players? Now that I encourage but not the refs. Just shut up and go to the box and fake respect if you have to. Nothing, and I mean nothing, will benifit your team by complaining and disrespecting officials and I don't care who you think you are. The higher the profile the more liekly you will get thrown in the box for yapping. I doubt the lady bing winner Gretzky needed too long to figure that out.

Now yapping at opponents is the exact opposite. Gotta let them know what your made of!
NIN

Postby penny lane on Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:13 am

I bet Sidney's mouth has been washed-out since returning home. :P :)

Mr Doug Weight, gets a free pass because he was off-camera?
He is suppose to be setting a good example for the younger players.
:roll:
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby FallenHero96 on Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:20 am

"It's still stupid to yap at the refs and/or say "F-U" to them. " --

Of course it is. But I wasn't referring to that, I just meant complaining about calls and such.
FallenHero96
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby HomerPenguin on Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:15 pm

Rychster wrote:You still don't get it. Did Mario do these things? Yes, but he also didn't do it so obviously in front of the camera.

It boggles my mind that you could type this sentence with a straight face. How many games did Lemieux play on TV his rookie year? Of those, how many were played on networks that had hyper-sensitive microphones all around the rink and made a practice of taking close up camera shots of the star rookie on the bench?

You're comparing apples to hubcaps here.

You keep on harping on the fact that I care and that isn't what I am saying. I guess you have already figured out that Crosby doesn't care either?? I take it that you have talked to him personally about this very issue and he is ok with it because he is only 18 years old and he has a free pass to do what he wants? If he knows he is caught on camera all the time cussing and is ok about it then this is a non-issue. I happen to think he doesn't realize it.

See, the thing is I DON'T CARE if Crosby cares or not. Whether he wants to keep swearing on the ice or not is his decision and it in no way impacts me or my life. If he's not OK with it, let him change it then. It's not my problem or my responsibility. The sheer level of nosiness in this group is shocking to me.

Not that it matters because it is only lip reading but haven't you done something stupid enough that you later realize it was stupid but at the time it wasn't to you? Did you ever have someone tell you to stop talking while someone is speaking and to wait your turn?

Have you ever written a passage in a message board post that really had nothing to do with what you were talking about but seemed really smart to you at the time? I thought so.

Stop pretending that you are fighting the "cool" thing to do and that it isn't below Crosby to learn a thing or two about his behavior on the ice. Someone DID tell him to cool it with the refs right? Hmmm, wonder who that was....

Yes, and his antics with the refs were tangibly hurting the team on the ice. Until the league puts in a two minute minor for potty mouth, his cursing doesn't do that. Mario Lemieux isn't Sidney Crosby's mommy, and neither are you.

Live and learn. That's what he needs to do.

Live and let live, that's what YOU need to learn.

Would you care if you were caught on camera swearing up a storm plain as day and your mother saw it? How would you feel..Embarrassed? If not, there something wrong with you.

The operative question is whether I would want you or anybody else to care if my mother had seen me cursing on television and how I felt about that. The answer is a most emphatic no. I would want you and all the other busybodies to mind your own damn business.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Rychster on Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:23 pm

HomerPenguin wrote:
Rychster wrote:You still don't get it. Did Mario do these things? Yes, but he also didn't do it so obviously in front of the camera.

It boggles my mind that you could type this sentence with a straight face. How many games did Lemieux play on TV his rookie year? Of those, how many were played on networks that had hyper-sensitive microphones all around the rink and made a practice of taking close up camera shots of the star rookie on the bench?

You're comparing apples to hubcaps here.

You keep on harping on the fact that I care and that isn't what I am saying. I guess you have already figured out that Crosby doesn't care either?? I take it that you have talked to him personally about this very issue and he is ok with it because he is only 18 years old and he has a free pass to do what he wants? If he knows he is caught on camera all the time cussing and is ok about it then this is a non-issue. I happen to think he doesn't realize it.

See, the thing is I DON'T CARE if Crosby cares or not. Whether he wants to keep swearing on the ice or not is his decision and it in no way impacts me or my life. If he's not OK with it, let him change it then. It's not my problem or my responsibility. The sheer level of nosiness in this group is shocking to me.

Not that it matters because it is only lip reading but haven't you done something stupid enough that you later realize it was stupid but at the time it wasn't to you? Did you ever have someone tell you to stop talking while someone is speaking and to wait your turn?

Have you ever written a passage in a message board post that really had nothing to do with what you were talking about but seemed really smart to you at the time? I thought so.

Stop pretending that you are fighting the "cool" thing to do and that it isn't below Crosby to learn a thing or two about his behavior on the ice. Someone DID tell him to cool it with the refs right? Hmmm, wonder who that was....

Yes, and his antics with the refs were tangibly hurting the team on the ice. Until the league puts in a two minute minor for potty mouth, his cursing doesn't do that. Mario Lemieux isn't Sidney Crosby's mommy, and neither are you.

Live and learn. That's what he needs to do.

Live and let live, that's what YOU need to learn.

Would you care if you were caught on camera swearing up a storm plain as day and your mother saw it? How would you feel..Embarrassed? If not, there something wrong with you.

The operative question is whether I would want you or anybody else to care if my mother had seen me cursing on television and how I felt about that. The answer is a most emphatic no. I would want you and all the other busybodies to mind your own damn business.

It's no use arguing with you because you clearly are harping on the "leave him alone" concept and I totally agree. The only thing I was suggesting IMHO is that he may regret what he is doing at some later time. No big deal and I never planned not to mind my own business.

Rather than attack me why don't you open your eyes and realize I am not judging Crosby, I think it's comical he does it and I actually am entertained by it. Stop judging me just because I offered my opinion to back up the original poster of this topic. If you remember I said it was mostly the networks' fault and that they should change, not Crosby.

Oh, BTW - Are you telling me that you don't do anything you'll regret later?....thought so.
Rychster
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Morozov on Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:40 pm

Dude. First off, are you a dude? Have you realized that this is hockey and not figure skating? Why and how on God's green earth would Crosby's "mouthing off" as you call it, offend you?? Even if one is religious they must understand that human emotion is what makes people great.

>>>This kid Crosby is very humble for being only 18 years old. To question his leadership at this young age is pathetic. He has taken more abuse from Con Cherry and the Canadian media than you can imagine. Have you got dental coverage??? Well, how about someone come try knocking your 2 front teeth out??? Don't you belong on the "Chess" board??? Come on. You seem to be so smart? You don't want a real man playing hockey? What - do you have a kid sitting in front of the television set?? You are upset about swearing??!! LMFAO. Do you live in your mothers' basement???

With all the ******** Crosby has taken from the media, he is VERY COMPOSED out there. Phantom calls on him, goals that don't even cross the line (Mellanby) that count; getting crosschecked head first into the boards and receving a PENALTY for looking at the refs!!! Pathetic. If I were Crosby - with the way the refs have set out to "get him" this season, I would retire after this year and get into real estate. They want to use him as a marketing tool - yet they call horrendous penalties on him all the time. I think they want the Pens to finish last. Notice how the Pens have secured a NON-playoff spot and the calls by the refs seem even now??? That's why the Pens have won 2 straight. They've been out to get the Pens all season; hence Lemieux retiring and Palffy...

I've watched everyone of their games.

You don't like swearing??? Go to your local church and play with the priest....

Peace
Morozov

Postby HomerPenguin on Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:49 pm

Rychster wrote:Oh, BTW - Are you telling me that you don't do anything you'll regret later?....thought so.

What difference does that make? Whether I do or don't, I can promise you that the last thing I want or need is somebody like you "helpfully" pointing those things out to me.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby the wicked child on Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:33 pm

I can't believe people are still arguing about this. Watch the Bellows video and be happy already.

And look on the bright side: the Pens can't lose again this month. 8)
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jamie on Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:26 am

The operative question is whether I would want you or anybody else to care if my mother had seen me cursing on television and how I felt about that. The answer is a most emphatic no. I would want you and all the other busybodies to mind your own damn business.[/quote]

It's no use arguing with you because you clearly are harping on the "leave him alone" concept and I totally agree. The only thing I was suggesting IMHO is that he may regret what he is doing at some later time. No big deal and I never planned not to mind my own business.

Rather than attack me why don't you open your eyes and realize I am not judging Crosby, I think it's comical he does it and I actually am entertained by it. Stop judging me just because I offered my opinion to back up the original poster of this topic. If you remember I said it was mostly the networks' fault and that they should change, not Crosby.

Oh, BTW - Are you telling me that you don't do anything you'll regret later?....thought so.[/quote]

Sid is his own person. He is 18 years old an an adult as far as I, and the law are concerned. He can curse if he wants to, that is his right, and I have no problem with it. This is a stupid argument to have. This is ice hockey, not a Sunday social. Everyone does things they regret. A reasonable person knows that it is possible to hear, or read lips and catch an expletive at a sporting event. For those that are offended, by a TV with a V-chip and lock the channel out. Good lord, there are more imortant things to worry about with this team other than an F-Bomb. Sid could use it on every other word for all I care as long as he is a member of Pitttsburgh and not in KC .
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Vanbiesbrouck on Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:56 am

Rychster wrote: the whole world is watching and that there are blind people that can lip read what he is saying.

Wow.

Jamie wrote:Sid could use it on every other word for all I care as long as he is a member of Pitttsburgh and not in KC .

Good call Jamie. We have bigger problems than what a blind person thinks Sid might or might not have said during a close up on television.
Vanbiesbrouck
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins