Are the Pens already in Boston?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Are the Pens already in Boston?

Postby llipgh2 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:26 am

Rossi said in an earlier tweet the Pens are staying out by the airport, which is behind the Back Bay (I think). Not really in the city proper, but you can look out your hotel window and see Boston Harbor.

I've stayed at the Marriott by Logan Airport. But it's been so long, this is based on fuzzy memory.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Big Easy Pens Fan on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:34 am

My wife said that she heard on the redio while on her way to work that the Bruins/Pens game has been cancelled.

Editing: I just went to the NHL site and nothing about that has been announced there, so not so sure if what she heard is accurate.

BEPF
Last edited by Big Easy Pens Fan on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Big Easy Pens Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Steve Dave on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:35 am

llipgh2 wrote:Rossi said in an earlier tweet the Pens are staying out by the airport, which is behind the Back Bay (I think). Not really in the city proper, but you can look out your hotel window and see Boston Harbor.

I've stayed at the Marriott by Logan Airport. But it's been so long, this is based on fuzzy memory.

Thanks
Steve Dave
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Admin on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:37 am

Big Easy Pens Fan wrote:My wife said that she heard on the redio while on her way to work that the Bruins/Pens game has been cancelled.

BEPF

Not yet.

Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins 2h

Bruins and @penguins have cancelled their morning skates today. Will provide further updates on the day's schedule when appropriate ^BB
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Gaucho on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:40 am

Should the game be postponed, Sid might get to play an additonal regular season game, enhancing his chances of winning the Art Ross. The fix is in.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Lesky on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:41 am

Gaucho wrote:Should the game be postponed, Sid might get to play an additonal regular season game, enhancing his chances of winning the Art Ross. The fix is in.

I´m sure this is being considered by the police and city staff when making a decision on the game.
Lesky
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Big Easy Pens Fan on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:41 am

I edited my original post to say that her info may not be accurate. :roll:

BEPF
Big Easy Pens Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Steve Dave on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:43 am

Looking at the schedules, if the game is cancelled, the first possible date for a reschedule would be Tues, Apr 30th, without making either team play 3 days in a row. Have playoffs start Thurs with Bos' and Pit' first games on Fri?
Steve Dave
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Shakes on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:50 am

Boston Police Dept. ‏@Boston_Police 39s
Taxi service in the City of Boston has been restored.

Interesting.
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Gaucho on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:52 am

Lesky wrote:
Gaucho wrote:Should the game be postponed, Sid might get to play an additonal regular season game, enhancing his chances of winning the Art Ross. The fix is in.

I´m sure this is being considered by the police and city staff when making a decision on the game.

I guess I'll have to color-code my posts according to level of seriousness from now on.

White is lowest level.

Carry on.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby WhoDaresWins on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:52 am

Rob Rossi ‏@RobRossi_Trib 2m
#TribHKY >> #pens trainers got back to hotel after being stuck at TD Garden
WhoDaresWins
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Gaucho on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:52 am

Or maybe I could use a fancy disclaimer. With music and stuff.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Lesky on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:57 am

Gaucho wrote:
Lesky wrote:

I guess I'll have to color-code my posts according to level of seriousness from now on.

White is lowest level.

Carry on.

I was kidding, forgot the smiley :)
Lesky
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Big Easy Pens Fan on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:58 am

Steve Dave wrote:Looking at the schedules, if the game is cancelled, the first possible date for a reschedule would be Tues, Apr 30th, without making either team play 3 days in a row. Have playoffs start Thurs with Bos' and Pit' first games on Fri?

Yep. The Bruins have 6 games remaining starting today, and they are playing every other day through the 29th which is the rescheduled game with Ottawa.

BEPF
Big Easy Pens Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Gaucho on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:00 am

Lesky wrote:
Gaucho wrote:
Lesky wrote:

White is lowest level.

Carry on.

I was kidding, forgot the smiley :)

So I guess the joke's on me. :oops:
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Lesky on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:05 am

Big Easy Pens Fan wrote:
Steve Dave wrote:Looking at the schedules, if the game is cancelled, the first possible date for a reschedule would be Tues, Apr 30th, without making either team play 3 days in a row. Have playoffs start Thurs with Bos' and Pit' first games on Fri?

Yep. The Bruins have 6 games remaining starting today, and they are playing every other day through the 29th which is the rescheduled game with Ottawa.

BEPF

Kind of bad for the Bruins to have all extra games pile up before the playoffs.
Lesky
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby jwest21 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:12 am

Gaucho wrote:Or maybe I could use a fancy disclaimer. With music and stuff.

Music would be nice :wink:
jwest21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Shakes on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:14 am

Lesky wrote:

Lesky, what do you think of Morrow so far?

Spoiler:
Just trying to lighten the mood. :(
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby llipgh2 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:17 am

I agree with what someone said earlier. Push the playoffs out by a week.

Yes, I know...the CBA (I've been going back and forth on Twitter with Molinari about it...LMAO). I think in this extreme case, the NHL and NHLPA could made an exception, and cut the Bruins a break right now.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby czwalga on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:21 am

llipgh2 wrote:I agree with what someone said earlier. Push the playoffs out by a week.

Yes, I know...the CBA (I've been going back and forth on Twitter with Molinari about it...LMAO). I think in this extreme case, the NHL and NHLPA could made an exception, and cut the Bruins a break right now.

Ridiculous idea.
czwalga
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby IamtheWaris on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:21 am

Might be easier to have the Pens and Bruins play Saturday and move the Pens Sabres game to Tuesday or Wednesday. It looks like CEC will be free both days and would work for both teams.
IamtheWaris
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby FLPensFan on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:24 am

I think that game should be cancelled. That said, I think the NHL will wait till mid-afternoon to make a decision, since there is no good fit in the schedule for either team without playing 3 games in a row. The way things are unfolding right now, hopefully they have suspect #2 taken care of one way or another in the next few hours. NHL won't have much say in the matter though if city is still in lockdown.
FLPensFan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby darkstar57 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:33 am

If the game is cancelled i think the NHL will see how the schedule and games unfolded, if the pens clinch the conference and either MTL or BOS clinches the division, with the remaining games left, there is no need to hold this game, however if it does i could see them rescheduling the game.

the NBA completely canceled the celtics game because it would have had no impact on the standings
darkstar57
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish

Postby Big Easy Pens Fan on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:33 am

Conceivably the game, if rescheduled, could have no effect whatsoever on the playoffs by the time it was to be played. While that may look highly unlikely at this point, it could happen. If that were the case, would they even bother to play it?

BEPF
Big Easy Pens Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby relantel on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:34 am

darkstar57 wrote:If the game is cancelled i think the NHL will see how the schedule and games unfolded, if the pens clinch the conference and either MTL or BOS clinches the division, with the remaining games left, there is no need to hold this game, however if it does i could see them rescheduling the game.

the NBA completely canceled the celtics game because it would have had no impact on the standings

Would also require Chicago to clinch President's trophy already without it. I.e. be up by 3 points on the Pens after they have played all their games with this one in hand. Up by 2 would still need to play the game, as Pens lead the ROW tiebreak by 3 games.
Last edited by relantel on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins