Ottawa journalist: Cooke was looking at "my package"

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Ottawa journalist: Cooke was looking at "my package"

Postby NashvilleCat on Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:26 am

Idoit40fans wrote:
jwest21 wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:If what he said is true, why did Cooke care enough to say something specifically to him?

Sitting here, Its easy for me to say I'd be the big enough man to just ignore everything. However, being repeatedly accused of something ridiculous would wear on my patience, though, so I could definitely see myself snapping for a second and telling the guy to go have intimate relations with himself.


Was he reading the guy's articles? I just don't understand what caused him to single him out. I know the dude was writing about him, but why pick him?

Didn't Cooke have something to say to Don Cherry at one time too?
NashvilleCat
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,912
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 8:18 pm
Location: 4.5 hours south of Josh Harrison's hometown.

Re: Ottawa journalist: Cooke was looking at "my package"

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:33 am

I think Don Cherry is a little bit bigger than some beat writer for one of the iterations of the Sun.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 52,308
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Ottawa journalist: Cooke was looking at "my package"

Postby NashvilleCat on Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:51 am

Idoit40fans wrote:I think Don Cherry is a little bit bigger than some beat writer for one of the iterations of the Sun.

But why bother with any of the writers. Ignore them, responding only adds to publicity and gives them just what they want.
NashvilleCat
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,912
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 8:18 pm
Location: 4.5 hours south of Josh Harrison's hometown.

Re: Ottawa journalist: Cooke was looking at "my package"

Postby Shakes on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:08 am

It's easier said than done to "ignore the BS articles/blogs/talking heads," and I'm sure players (especially Sid) ignore them as much as they can. But I'm sure some of it gets through, maybe from a family member, friend, etc.

"Ottawa Senators playoff push could save Pittsburgh Penguins forward Matt Cooke from a beat down"

"Why is Pittsburgh Penguins' Matt Cooke so interested in Don Brennan's package?"

I can't blame a guy for confronting the author after seeing these stupid headlines from the Sun.
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,893
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Re: Ottawa journalist: Cooke was looking at "my package"

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:10 am

NashvilleCat wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:I think Don Cherry is a little bit bigger than some beat writer for one of the iterations of the Sun.

But why bother with any of the writers. Ignore them, responding only adds to publicity and gives them just what they want.

That is exactly the reasoning for this line of posts. Its the question I asked initially. Why bother with them?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 52,308
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Ottawa journalist: Cooke was looking at "my package"

Postby Pitts on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:59 am

Idoit40fans wrote:If what he said is true, why did Cooke care enough to say something specifically to him?

Brennen seems like one of those punks who would accuse and harass from a distance, but when confronted, would bumble like a baby girl. I'm sure Cooke got tired of his endless, and baseless, accusations. I'd confront the baby too.

EDIT: Let me add that this Ottawa fiasco is turning into a major joke of a black eye for the NHL. Someone at the top needs to step in and tell them with no uncertain terms to cease and desist. It's a bit over the top at this point. Cooke did nothing malicious or intentional.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,559
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:22 am
Location: Working ....

Re: Ottawa journalist: Cooke was looking at "my package"

Postby llipgh2 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:15 am

NashvilleCat wrote:Didn't Cooke have something to say to Don Cherry at one time too?


Yep, and Cherry mentioned it. In passing, when he was defending Cooke over the Karlsson incident. Wasn't bothered by it. He basically said it to say past actions aside, Cooke didn't intentionally cut Karlsson.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,573
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:29 pm
Location: Gasp! The Clamboni!

Re: Ottawa journalist: Cooke was looking at "my package"

Postby llipgh2 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:17 am

Pitts wrote:EDIT: Let me add that this Ottawa fiasco is turning into a major joke of a black eye for the NHL. Someone at the top needs to step in and tell them with no uncertain terms to cease and desist. It's a bit over the top at this point. Cooke did nothing malicious or intentional.


The NHL should reprimand the Senators, but there really isn't anything they can do about the idiot media. Ignoring them is the best ploy. Anything else makes them more important than they are.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,573
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:29 pm
Location: Gasp! The Clamboni!

Re: Ottawa journalist: Cooke was looking at "my package"

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:20 am

All of this, including the media crap is on Melnyk. The media is probably not feeding into it if he isn't still making it a story. At this point though, even more than Melnyk, its on the NHL for not shutting his stupidity down.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 52,308
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Ottawa journalist: Cooke was looking at "my package"

Postby JS© on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:08 am

pulp22 wrote:Truth. I was there at a gas station on a road trip. An old man came up to me walking the smallest weirdest dog ever. Long story short he was nice at first and then began screaming at me about American politics. He when from nice crazy to angry crazy for no reason.


Were you staring at his package?
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,324
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:52 am
Location: hooray for me

Re: Ottawa journalist: Cooke was looking at "my package"

Postby Froggy on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:55 am

llipgh2 wrote:
Pitts wrote:EDIT: Let me add that this Ottawa fiasco is turning into a major joke of a black eye for the NHL. Someone at the top needs to step in and tell them with no uncertain terms to cease and desist. It's a bit over the top at this point. Cooke did nothing malicious or intentional.


The NHL should reprimand the Senators, but there really isn't anything they can do about the idiot media. Ignoring them is the best ploy. Anything else makes them more important than they are.


i'm sure the implication of "hey guys... look how gay matt cooke is! he was looking at my junk! It's funny and insulting for me to imply that he is gay!" clashes with the whole "You Can Play" campaign. I'm sure the NHL office isn't too happy about that, either.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,628
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: Ottawa journalist: Cooke was looking at "my package"

Postby SolidSnake on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:56 am

So maybe the reporter had a package from UPS and Cooke wanted to know what it was.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,127
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:41 pm
Location: Winners don't use drugs.- William S. Sessions.

Re: Ottawa journalist: Cooke was looking at "my package"

Postby pulp22 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:49 pm

JS© wrote:
pulp22 wrote:Truth. I was there at a gas station on a road trip. An old man came up to me walking the smallest weirdest dog ever. Long story short he was nice at first and then began screaming at me about American politics. He when from nice crazy to angry crazy for no reason.


Were you staring at his package?


Lol
pulp22
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 431
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:24 pm

Re: Ottawa journalist: Cooke was looking at "my package"

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:55 pm

pulp22 wrote:
JS© wrote:
pulp22 wrote:Truth. I was there at a gas station on a road trip. An old man came up to me walking the smallest weirdest dog ever. Long story short he was nice at first and then began screaming at me about American politics. He when from nice crazy to angry crazy for no reason.


Were you staring at his package?


Lol


Answer the question.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 52,308
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Ottawa journalist: Cooke was looking at "my package"

Postby pulp22 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:43 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:
pulp22 wrote:
JS© wrote:
pulp22 wrote:Truth. I was there at a gas station on a road trip. An old man came up to me walking the smallest weirdest dog ever. Long story short he was nice at first and then began screaming at me about American politics. He when from nice crazy to angry crazy for no reason.


Were you staring at his package?


Lol


Answer the question.


What happens in Ottawa stays in Ottawa.
pulp22
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 431
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:24 pm

Re: Ottawa journalist: Cooke was looking at "my package"

Postby Shakes on Fri May 03, 2013 10:29 am

No surprise that the Sun showed great class in today's cover:

Image

A couple of creative versions of what the Trib would look like (from DK's blog and the tPb):

Image

Image
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,893
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

e-mail