Crowd Wooing

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Crowd Wooing

Postby Factorial on Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:13 am

The woo'ers are on par with 12 year boys (and most likely as successful with woman) who blow on their hands to make sounds of flatulence. Har har.
Factorial
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Beveridge on Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:21 am

This thread is now 9 pages too long.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:23 am

I think its about 91 pages too short.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rylan on Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:37 am

Idoit40fans wrote:I think its about 91 pages too short.

I concur.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DropEmJayBird on Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:45 am

If this thread makes it to 100 pages, the wooers will be sent to N. Korea.
DropEmJayBird
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:46 am

On a missile?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rylan on Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:48 am

with a whistle?
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JarkkoVision on Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:56 am

I'm not saying I want the woo banished, but don't do it to annoy people. There's an appropriate time, like when we're winning and there's a minute left. Don't do it the entire game.

Woo.
JarkkoVision
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Rylan on Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:59 am

JarkkoVision wrote:I'm not saying I want the woo banished, but don't do it to annoy people. There's an appropriate time, like when we're winning and there's a minute left. Don't do it the entire game.

Woo.

I would be able to tolerate it if it was only with a minute left or so while winning handily.

But, reading how people in this thread are doing it for the sole purposes of being jerks; I want it banned. That is completely uncalled for and ridiculous. My best experiences at games come from the friendly jostling between fans, not making obnoxious noises to make them angry. That is just unacceptable, especially for grown adults.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sabres_Fan on Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:05 am

They didnt mention bein on the kiss cam but u never know.. Might of been them.. As far as it being just noise.. can u imagine sitting next to someone that names every player on the Pens roster and says they suck followed by a Wooo!!.. Do you realize how long that took and how annoying that was.. People arent doing it just after a big hit, goal, or game changing play.. They are doing it all thru the game for no reason.. It would just annoy the heck out of me even if I was a Pens fan Id wanna hit the people doing it..
Sabres_Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: Pittsburgh, pa (via Buffalo in a little town known as Pominville)

Postby JarkkoVision on Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:05 am

Sabres_Fan wrote:They didnt mention bein on the kiss cam but u never know.. Might of been them.. As far as it being just noise.. can u imagine sitting next to someone that names every player on the Pens roster and says they suck followed by a Wooo!!.. Do you realize how long that took and how annoying that was.. People arent doing it just after a big hit, goal, or game changing play.. They are doing it all thru the game for no reason.. It would just annoy the heck out of me even if I was a Pens fan Id wanna hit the people doing it..

I'd like to apologize for those clowns. It doesn't do much, but I'm sorry your family went through that.
JarkkoVision
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Steve Dave on Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:20 am

Sabres_Fan wrote:They didnt mention bein on the kiss cam but u never know.. Might of been them.. As far as it being just noise.. can u imagine sitting next to someone that names every player on the Pens roster and says they suck followed by a Wooo!!.. Do you realize how long that took and how annoying that was.. People arent doing it just after a big hit, goal, or game changing play.. They are doing it all thru the game for no reason.. It would just annoy the heck out of me even if I was a Pens fan Id wanna hit the people doing it..

I love to cheer a big hit, goal, etc. Not sure why someone would woooo? the entire game.
I don't get to make it out to too many games due to distance of travel, work schedule, etc. Thus I make a trip once a year to see the Pens play.
If my one and only game was spent having to sit next to, in front of, etc. someone acting like this, I would politely ask them to please tone it down. If this did not work, I would kindly ask an usher to intervene. If it continued, and I could tell the person was of age, I would handle it myself and I guarentee that person would never do it again.
Would be worth getting tossed.
Steve Dave
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby FreeCandy44 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:11 pm

Tell 'em Steve Dave....
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Shakes on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:16 pm

DontToewsMeBro wrote:
mikey287 wrote:And what point might that be...?

My point was that this board always finds something to **** and moan about. First the arena is too quiet, now the noise in the stands isn't the noise you want it to be, so now we have 8 pages of incessant complaining about Student Rushers among everything else. There's complaining in the midst of a 15 game winning streak--Malkin is a lazy Russian, Kennedy sucks, trade Endicott--whatever it is. I'm just saying, this board is never happy. Ever. The last time it was, was in June of 2009. I was a senior in high school. I graduate college next week.

If only there was a way to avoid a thread or even a message board you didn't like.
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Shakes on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:20 pm

Sabres_Fan wrote:Had some cousins and my aunt and uncle came down for the game.. They call me last night after the game and were like "Why does everyone Woo all thruout the game?" My aunt and uncle are over 80 years old and said a group of idiots must of "Woo'd" for over 50% of the game and sometimes either leaned forward to do it close to their ears or the ones in front turned around (while play was going on) and kept Woo'ing...

First, wow, that's ridiculous, sorry to them.

Second, and more importantly, is your location still Pominville? :shock:
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby pens_srq on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:35 pm

Given the prevalence of wooing during the late game collapse loss to the Sabres the other night, wooing ought to be banned.

Seriously though, the woo thing isn't actually cool. It's certainly not cool enough for the Pens. I'd expect Caps fans to be doing something like that. It honestly has nothing to do with hockey.
pens_srq
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:38 pm

Thats pretty much what I think of it. Its something that I would expect Caps fans to do and that I would make fun of them for doing. Instead its something that the fanbase that i'm a part of does, and its embarrassing.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Steve Dave on Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:52 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:Tell 'em Steve Dave....

I gotta change my name.
Steve Dave
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins