Crowd Wooing

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Crowd Wooing

Postby columbia on Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:31 pm

Do leaners tend to wooo?
How about the reverse?
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby Godric on Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:50 pm

Wooing is dumb but its just one of the seemingly infinite ways the Penguins home crowd behavior disappoints on a regular basis... It serious is the retirement community barn of the NHL
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby She'sTheFastest on Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:54 pm

They should say "Meep, meep."
She'sTheFastest
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Rylan on Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:58 pm

meep meep would eventually turn into peep peep's.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Ossa on Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:06 pm

Me and a bunch of my buddies student rushed a game earlier this year. We woo'd the whole game and it was awesome. The more the people around us got annoyed, the more we would do it. It was a blast.
Ossa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Godric on Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:08 pm

Ossa wrote:Me and a bunch of my buddies student rushed a game earlier this year. We woo'd the whole game and it was awesome. The more the people around us got annoyed, the more we would do it. It was a blast.

boom.
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby MarioLives on Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:09 pm

Ossa wrote:Me and a bunch of my buddies student rushed a game earlier this year. We woo'd the whole game and it was awesome. The more the people around us got annoyed, the more we would do it. It was a blast.

Awesome! Ruining people's time after they spent hard earned money is so cool! Good for you and your friends
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Ossa on Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:13 pm

MarioLives wrote:

Awesome! Ruining people's time after they spent hard earned money is so cool! Good for you and your friends

Thanks Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Ossa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby She'sTheFastest on Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:23 pm

Ossa Spicy Meatball, Moo!
She'sTheFastest
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby canaan on Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:32 pm

thepittman wrote:
Admin wrote:Hypothetically, if you knew Lemieux and the players hated the wooing, would you stop?

I'm not a woo'er, just a representative of freedom. I know not what others may do.

lolololol
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby canaan on Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:32 pm

you're a bad dude.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Godric on Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:44 pm

Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:55 pm

lifetimefan wrote:Five pages of comments on wooing during the game. Damn. If this is all we have to discuss the Pens are sitting pretty. I love it. Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This type of post is so inane. There are literally thousands of other threads on this site.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:58 pm

William Wallace reincarnate?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby canaan on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:11 pm

I bet he and his pals are all rocking leather jackets with "T-birds" on the back
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby thepittman on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:21 pm

Rylan wrote:So what you are saying is we cannot express our freedom of being annoyed with the woo'rs and wishing they would stop? Bit hypocritical eh?

Meow threatened violence to the people of the wooo. I had to take the side of a misunderstood and non-represented party.
thepittman
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby DudeMan2766 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:29 pm

thepittman wrote:
Rylan wrote:So what you are saying is we cannot express our freedom of being annoyed with the woo'rs and wishing they would stop? Bit hypocritical eh?

Meow threatened violence to the people of the wooo. I had to take the side of a misunderstood and non-represented party.

Maybe theres a reason for that? :pop:
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby MarioLives on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:40 pm

canaan wrote:I bet he and his pals are all rocking leather jackets with "T-birds" on the back

Grease is the word.....is the word, is the word
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Sabres_Fan on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:50 pm

Had some cousins and my aunt and uncle came down for the game.. They call me last night after the game and were like "Why does everyone Woo all thruout the game?" My aunt and uncle are over 80 years old and said a group of idiots must of "Woo'd" for over 50% of the game and sometimes either leaned forward to do it close to their ears or the ones in front turned around (while play was going on) and kept Woo'ing...

To me its as annoying as those horns during the world cup. They said even when Buffalo scored they were staring at them and Wooing (and from the way they described it) doing the Ric Flair strut.. I just didnt think it was cool to ruin the game and get into the face of a almost 90 year old couple there for a great time.. I get u pay money but that doesnt really give u the right to do whatever you wanna do.
Sabres_Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: Pittsburgh, pa (via Buffalo in a little town known as Pominville)

Postby joopen on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:52 pm

Can I come to your house and blast an air horn all night? Sounds about as annoying and prickish as what you did.
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby joopen on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:53 pm

Sabres_Fan wrote:Had some cousins and my aunt and uncle came down for the game.. They call me last night after the game and were like "Why does everyone Woo all thruout the game?" My aunt and uncle are over 80 years old and said a group of idiots must of "Woo'd" for over 50% of the game and sometimes either leaned forward to do it close to their ears or the ones in front turned around (while play was going on) and kept Woo'ing...

To me its as annoying as those horns during the world cup. They said even when Buffalo scored they were staring at them and Wooing (and from the way they described it) doing the Ric Flair strut.. I just didnt think it was cool to ruin the game and get into the face of a almost 90 year old couple there for a great time.. I get u pay money but that doesnt really give u the right to do whatever you wanna do.

Nope, according to Ossa it's a blast to annoy everyone around you.
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby FreeCandy44 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:57 pm

Woo?
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sabres_Fan on Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:05 pm

They were mostly disappointed with the ushers/security.. They said they witnessed them getting in their faces yet did nothing.. Kinda ticked me off since they are almost 90 and they said all of the culprits were from 14-40 years old..

N ow this is their quote. Mind you they have been season ticket holders since 1971 and travel to 10 or so away games per year (Philly Mtl Tor Pgh Det Bos Fla TB Car etc...).... They said This experience was by far the worst they ever had at am away game. Said he loves when the other team scores and fans point and scream but then after 10 seconds it ends.. They said this went on all game and if he was 50 years younger he would of did something but at like 86 or 87 years old he just had to take it and he said he kept asking nicely for them to just let him watch the game but he said it just made things worse..

Just saying things like "Vanek sucks woooooo" "Miller sucks woooooo".. He said this one guy went thru the whole roster and did that (looking at the program)
Sabres_Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: Pittsburgh, pa (via Buffalo in a little town known as Pominville)

Postby DudeMan2766 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:06 pm

Sabres_Fan wrote:Had some cousins and my aunt and uncle came down for the game.. They call me last night after the game and were like "Why does everyone Woo all thruout the game?" My aunt and uncle are over 80 years old and said a group of idiots must of "Woo'd" for over 50% of the game and sometimes either leaned forward to do it close to their ears or the ones in front turned around (while play was going on) and kept Woo'ing...

See, thats a complete joke. Theres no way people who do it don't realize its something that would bother people. Like I said, a few times is having fun and making noise, whatever, but even during Pirate games it goes on and on and on. For me its a combo of people actually thinking theyre funny and being a big enough ass to annoy those around them and not care than it is the noise itself.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby penny lane on Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:10 pm

Did they mention being on the "kiss cam"? Last evening the cutest couple, older, were shown and had some passion and fun with it. :thumb:
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins