Iginla at LW?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Iginla at LW?

Postby knives of ice on Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:47 am

i have no doubt that say, if this were a full season switching Iggy to the left side would be the correct move. I am sure DB is using similar thinking to how they switched Neal or to how the caps switched Ovie. No doubt it could work if you had weeks to get through some growing pens. the penguins do not have weeks for Iggy to figure out how to play that wing or to improve. Moving him from a position he knows is beyond stupid and i have no idea why they are forcing this going into the playoffs.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:07 am

DontToewsMeBro wrote:Well, it depends on your definition of a 'massive failure'. The fact that Crosby can put up 100+ points centering Andy Hilbert and Colby Armstrong as an 18 years old tells me that any line including Sidney Crosby will be just fine.

Might want to go back and look at the portion of his production that year that was done on the powerplay.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Beveridge on Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:29 am

If I may play devils advocate here.

Your top 4 wingers are Kunitz, Dupuis, Neal, and Iggy.

Kunitz has played LW all his career? I don't know.
Dupuis has played RW I believe at least the last 3 seasons.
Neal switched to RW and has played lights out there.

Now, if you made me wager everything I own on what switch would still give the Pens the highest "overall skill set", I would take the future HoF and switch him every time.

I'm not saying it's the right thing to do (if it ends up being that). I'm just looking at it from the angle of out of the 4 wingers who do you trust the most to make a switch and not miss a beat? Dupuis would be my 2nd choice and I think we'll see both happen one way or another.

I can see why it's something being experimented with at face value, though.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Dr Rosenrosen on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:11 pm

I commend HCDB for setting up 14-71-18 for the playoffs. However, why is Iggy still on the LW on "Sid's" line?!?! It's really hard to watch. Anyone else notice that line's goal came after Iggy and Neal switched sides post-faceoff?
Dr Rosenrosen
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Beveridge on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:36 pm

Well since everyone has lived and died by the way lines were reported from practice on twitter, they will be glad to know that it was listed 9-36-12 today.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby pcm on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:53 pm

Beveridge wrote:Well since everyone has lived and died by the way lines were reported from practice on twitter, they will be glad to know that it was listed 9-36-12 today.

And there was much rejoicing.
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Shakes on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:55 pm

Beveridge wrote:Well since everyone has lived and died by the way lines were reported from practice on twitter, they will be glad to know that it was listed 9-36-12 today.

Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby JS© on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:02 pm

JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins