Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby Rylan on Mon May 13, 2013 7:10 pm

So have they determined the date of the game? Because I wouldn't buy a ticket until I knew the date. But lets pretend that doesn't matter.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Ossa on Mon May 13, 2013 7:12 pm

Rylan wrote:So have they determined the date of the game? Because I wouldn't buy a ticket until I knew the date. But lets pretend that doesn't matter.

Yes, it is tomorrow night. The date was determined earlier this morning.
Ossa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Mon May 13, 2013 7:59 pm

Rylan wrote:So have they determined the date of the game? Because I wouldn't buy a ticket until I knew the date. But lets pretend that doesn't matter.

Come on man. I think this is why I continue to talk about this. The absurd claims bug me. 3, 4, 5 years ago the minute they went on sale, they sold out lots of times without game dates especially into new rounds. So much people actually complained the pens lied about how many were available.

Now people are waiting for the game date when everyone knows it was gonna be Tues or Wed anyways? Give me a break.

Just like I always say about the flood of playoff cancels every year and people saying "only because corporations don't take playoffs". Companies never cancelled before, it's just an excuse like the game date mattering this time of year.

Having thousands of tickets available for this market and team is really sad. Its bothersome. And this board should be all over of it since so many are quick to point out the major flaws in other fan bases, specifically tickets being available. But for us it's ok because "insert excuse here"
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Rylan on Mon May 13, 2013 8:02 pm

Yea some people are entitled. As for me? I don't care what the Pens fanbase or any other fanbase does. As long as the Pens remain in Pittsburgh I don't care outside of that. And hell, I liked the Pens fanbase when the Pens sucked. People were less arrogant about the Pens back then.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Why Not Us on Mon May 13, 2013 8:15 pm

I fear a Pens/Leafs conference final would be a very "blue" CEC
Why Not Us
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Ossa on Mon May 13, 2013 8:19 pm

Why Not Us wrote:I fear a Pens/Leafs conference final would be a very "blue" CEC

I'm fearing the early/mid 2000 years where they bus people in. I could easily see this happening.
Ossa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby skullman80 on Mon May 13, 2013 8:27 pm

I remember that. The game the power went off at the arena the leafs were in town. They had busloads of fans come in. I would say it was 60/40 if not 50/50. Made for a great atmosphere though. Those were the games I looked forward too even during the down times cause you know they would be fun no matter what.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FreeCandy44 on Mon May 13, 2013 9:17 pm

Rylan wrote:Yea some people are entitled. As for me? I don't care what the Pens fanbase or any other fanbase does. As long as the Pens remain in Pittsburgh I don't care outside of that. And hell, I liked the Pens fanbase when the Pens sucked. People were less arrogant about the Pens back then.

Rylan.....you are 100% right.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Bathgate on Tue May 14, 2013 12:11 am

With the Leafs eliminated, I expect hockey fans from Ontario (not just Ottawa) to travel down here for home games 2-4. That may help the Pens come closer to selling out at full prices, i.e., not so many student rushes. That said, the Pens have clearly overreached in their playoff pricing and it may cost them some season ticket holders. Some will figure why buy all the regular season games only to be priced out when the real season begins. Many on the waiting list could get their shot next season.
Bathgate
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby beachinit on Tue May 14, 2013 5:40 am

For Game 5 against the Islanders there was less then 200 tickets for student rush by the time the doors opened at CEC. I expect that to be true tonight as well
beachinit
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Tue May 14, 2013 7:51 am

Because they sell them online to students before that.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Great58 on Tue May 14, 2013 2:07 pm

Interesting comparison... here's what the Caps have done to their fan base. I'll tolerate the Pens business model, TYVM.

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blog ... an-snyder/
Great58
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby eddiefromirwin on Tue May 14, 2013 2:18 pm

I like these innovative ways to end run the scalpers.....which never work.
eddiefromirwin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby knives of ice on Tue May 14, 2013 2:19 pm

Great58 wrote:Interesting comparison... here's what the Caps have done to their fan base. I'll tolerate the Pens business model, TYVM.

that was in 2010.... some seats in the new arena for the pens went up 65% and have gone up around 15% more since the move, so roughly 75% compared to mellon.

i have no problem with the pens regular season sth prices though, just pointing out that article is a horrible comparison
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Tue May 14, 2013 2:23 pm

knives of ice wrote:
Great58 wrote:Interesting comparison... here's what the Caps have done to their fan base. I'll tolerate the Pens business model, TYVM.

that was in 2010.... some seats in the new arena for the pens went up 65% and have gone up around 15% more since the move, so roughly 75% compared to mellon.

i have no problem with the pens regular season sth prices though, just pointing out that article is a horrible comparison

And playoff seats went up 35 - 40% last year alone.

Yeah teams have been trying to combat scalpers since the beginning of time. Exchange seems to work a bit but online scalping is just too big I think.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Great58 on Tue May 14, 2013 2:34 pm

knives of ice wrote:

It's an apples to oranges comparison for prices at the Igloo and the CEC, IMO. I guess my point was the Caps raised prices up to 50% in one season while staying in the same building.
Great58
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Great58 on Tue May 14, 2013 2:40 pm

eddiefromirwin wrote:I like these innovative ways to end run the scalpers.....which never work.

To me OptionIt isn't as much a way of beating the scalpers, it's a way of making money on games that are never played. When they sell options for future games that either aren't necessary because the Caps advanced prior to that home date or aren't held because the Capitals were eliminated, the club keeps the money the fans put as a downpayment.
Great58
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby eddiefromirwin on Tue May 14, 2013 3:05 pm

Great58 wrote:
knives of ice wrote:

It's an apples to oranges comparison for prices at the Igloo and the CEC, IMO. I guess my point was the Caps raised prices up to 50% in one season while staying in the same building.

I dont know...I think most STHs would say that the prices went up drastically, yet the quality of the actual seat went down with the move to the CEC.

And don't forget what these ticket price increases did in Washington....attendance is down. No wait list for season tickets.
eddiefromirwin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Ossa on Tue May 14, 2013 4:07 pm

Have you seen how much Caps tickets cost!?!? Peanuts.
Ossa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Great58 on Tue May 14, 2013 4:39 pm

eddiefromirwin wrote:
I dont know...I think most STHs would say that the prices went up drastically, yet the quality of the actual seat went down with the move to the CEC.

I don't disagree with either points necessarily. Just that the CEC is a "nicer" arena with more ammenities and no obscured or partial view seats. Personally, I would far rather sit low at the Igloo than the 1st bowl of the CEC from the game perspective, but I am aware of how much nicer my surroundings are. So I find it difficult to compare prices between the two.

And don't forget what these ticket price increases did in Washington....attendance is down

I have no idea about their season ticket waitlist pre or post price increases, but attendance certainly didn't go down. It went up.
http://www.hockeydb.com/nhl-attendance/ ... p?tmi=8871
Great58
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby eddiefromirwin on Tue May 14, 2013 4:59 pm

Great58 wrote:
eddiefromirwin wrote:

I don't disagree with either points necessarily. Just that the CEC is a "nicer" arena with more ammenities and no obscured or partial view seats. Personally, I would far rather sit low at the Igloo than the 1st bowl of the CEC from the game perspective, but I am aware of how much nicer my surroundings are. So I find it difficult to compare prices between the two.

And don't forget what these ticket price increases did in Washington....attendance is down

I have no idea about their season ticket waitlist pre or post price increases, but attendance certainly didn't go down. It went up.
http://www.hockeydb.com/nhl-attendance/ ... p?tmi=8871

Thats not what espn reports.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance
eddiefromirwin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Great58 on Tue May 14, 2013 5:40 pm

LOL at ESPN hockey coverage.

Edit: ok, now it comes up. But even those numbers show increases in attendance after the price increase, up until this year. So even IF those numbers are correct for 2013, I'd bet the lockout was a bigger impact than price increases made a few years previous.
Great58
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby newarenanow on Thu May 16, 2013 2:45 pm

No complaining about tickets yet?
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby FreeCandy44 on Thu May 16, 2013 3:03 pm

newarenanow wrote:No complaining about tickets yet?

Poking the bear?
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Thu May 16, 2013 3:32 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:
newarenanow wrote:No complaining about tickets yet?

Poking the bear?

Yes. :pop:
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins