Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Tue May 07, 2013 1:01 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
eddiefromirwin wrote:Maybe you have forgot that Sid has already missed over 2 years of time with injury. The stories of Mark Savard and Chris Pronger should be enough to illustrate that his future is too fragile to mortgage a franchise on.

I don't know that Malkin has the drawing power that Sid does.


Anyone can get hurt at anytime. YOu don't change your business model because you are scared of that.

Again, has there been a dramatic decline in season tickets? Are the Pens hurting financially? People still seem to be willing to spend this money.


For the playoffs, yes there has been a dramatic decrease. For regular season who knows how many people are pulled off the wait list but I heard they get further down to sell because people only can afford the cheap seats.


Lower bowl is only like $75 a seat/game, if you get the STH discount.


No it's not.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,070
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:42 am
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby MRandall25 on Tue May 07, 2013 1:07 pm

Woops, that's for the regular season, not playoffs. I forget what you guys are complaining about sometimes.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,896
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby eddiefromirwin on Tue May 07, 2013 1:08 pm

Lower Bowl, at least in the attack zone, non-club, is around 107/game for next year. 150/game for first round this year, 180/game for second round, then something like 250/game for the conference finals, and maybe 300-350/game for the finals.
eddiefromirwin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:17 am

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby newarenanow on Tue May 07, 2013 1:19 pm

Does anyone have a summary of other teams ticket prices for the playoffs? The ones in the playoffs this year?
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,307
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby eddiefromirwin on Tue May 07, 2013 1:36 pm

newarenanow wrote:Does anyone have a summary of other teams ticket prices for the playoffs? The ones in the playoffs this year?



No, but if you look around, you are likely to find that Pens tickets are priced competitively with markets much larger than Pittsburgh. I know, for instance that Pens playoff tickets are more expensive than the Kings, who just came off a cup and have a much larger market. Rangers tickets are more expensive for sure, but its New York. Then again, Islanders are definitely less. Boston would prolly be slightly more. Washington would be similar. Generally, places that have prices like the Pens are either much larger cities, or Canadian cities.

How about comparing to teams with a similar market size? St Louis would be less. Minnesota would be less. Detroit...the self proclaimed hockey town....less.
eddiefromirwin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:17 am

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby Ossa on Tue May 07, 2013 1:36 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
eddiefromirwin wrote:Maybe you have forgot that Sid has already missed over 2 years of time with injury. The stories of Mark Savard and Chris Pronger should be enough to illustrate that his future is too fragile to mortgage a franchise on.

I don't know that Malkin has the drawing power that Sid does.


Anyone can get hurt at anytime. YOu don't change your business model because you are scared of that.

Again, has there been a dramatic decline in season tickets? Are the Pens hurting financially? People still seem to be willing to spend this money.


For the playoffs, yes there has been a dramatic decrease. For regular season who knows how many people are pulled off the wait list but I heard they get further down to sell because people only can afford the cheap seats.


Lower bowl is only like $75 a seat/game, if you get the STH discount.


The most expensive seats in the upper bowl are $85. So it is more than that and I'm guessing atleast $100.
Ossa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 914
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:08 pm

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby Ossa on Tue May 07, 2013 1:37 pm

newarenanow wrote:Does anyone have a summary of other teams ticket prices for the playoffs? The ones in the playoffs this year?

Just go on TicketMaster and search for different teams.
Ossa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 914
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:08 pm

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Tue May 07, 2013 1:54 pm

Ossa wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
eddiefromirwin wrote:Maybe you have forgot that Sid has already missed over 2 years of time with injury. The stories of Mark Savard and Chris Pronger should be enough to illustrate that his future is too fragile to mortgage a franchise on.

I don't know that Malkin has the drawing power that Sid does.


Anyone can get hurt at anytime. YOu don't change your business model because you are scared of that.

Again, has there been a dramatic decline in season tickets? Are the Pens hurting financially? People still seem to be willing to spend this money.


For the playoffs, yes there has been a dramatic decrease. For regular season who knows how many people are pulled off the wait list but I heard they get further down to sell because people only can afford the cheap seats.


Lower bowl is only like $75 a seat/game, if you get the STH discount.


The most expensive seats in the upper bowl are $85. So it is more than that and I'm guessing atleast $100.


Yeah it's much higher than $75 for regular season. Mine are in attack one and are like $100 plus can't remember exactly.

Also, as I've explained before you can't compare prices. For example St Louis has cheaper club seats but somewhat comparable but they come with a buffet an free soda/beer/wine and snacks all game.

Most fancy seats and lot of other seats have this option. It not about free stuff it's about bein cheaper to attend a game overall.
Last edited by BurghersAndDogsSports on Tue May 07, 2013 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,070
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:42 am
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby rarst17 on Tue May 07, 2013 1:54 pm

newarenanow wrote:Does anyone have a summary of other teams ticket prices for the playoffs? The ones in the playoffs this year?


I have the pricing sheet for the Capitals, but I don't know how to post it. I can say, though, that tickets are much cheaper there. For example, I have a friend with tickets in section 109 for Penguin games. His STH price for the first round is $150. The same seats in Washington would be $105. I have tickets in section 231 and my STH price for the first round is $62. The same seats in Washington would be $36.
rarst17
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:35 am
Location: Glenshaw, PA

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Tue May 07, 2013 1:58 pm

MRandall25 wrote:Woops, that's for the regular season, not playoffs. I forget what you guys are complaining about sometimes.


Or only post information you know is correct. $75 was the price in like 2007.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,070
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:42 am
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby MRandall25 on Tue May 07, 2013 1:58 pm

BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:Yeah it's much higher than $75 for regular season. Mine are in attack one and are like $100 plus can't remember exactly.

Also, as I've explained before you can't compare prices. For example St Louis has cheaper club seats but somewhat comparable but they come with a buffet an free soda/beer/wine and snacks all game.

Most fancy seats and lot of other seats have this option. It not about free stuff it's about bein cheaper to attend a game overall.


That depends where you sit. We're in 118 AA and paying $79 a seat. Compare that to the 5 game plan we had last year a few sections over (same row), and we're paying like $15 less a seat.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,896
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby MRandall25 on Tue May 07, 2013 2:00 pm

BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:Woops, that's for the regular season, not playoffs. I forget what you guys are complaining about sometimes.


Or only post information you know is correct. $75 was the price in like 2007.


Well, I knowour tickets this year were only $79 a game.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,896
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Tue May 07, 2013 2:00 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:Yeah it's much higher than $75 for regular season. Mine are in attack one and are like $100 plus can't remember exactly.

Also, as I've explained before you can't compare prices. For example St Louis has cheaper club seats but somewhat comparable but they come with a buffet an free soda/beer/wine and snacks all game.

Most fancy seats and lot of other seats have this option. It not about free stuff it's about bein cheaper to attend a game overall.


That depends where you sit. We're in 118 AA and paying $79 a seat. Compare that to the 5 game plan we had last year a few sections over (same row), and we're paying like $15 less a seat.


If that's true I stand corrected. My prices in lower are much higher.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,070
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:42 am
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby newarenanow on Tue May 07, 2013 2:03 pm

eddiefromirwin wrote:
newarenanow wrote:Does anyone have a summary of other teams ticket prices for the playoffs? The ones in the playoffs this year?



No, but if you look around, you are likely to find that Pens tickets are priced competitively with markets much larger than Pittsburgh. I know, for instance that Pens playoff tickets are more expensive than the Kings, who just came off a cup and have a much larger market. Rangers tickets are more expensive for sure, but its New York. Then again, Islanders are definitely less. Boston would prolly be slightly more. Washington would be similar. Generally, places that have prices like the Pens are either much larger cities, or Canadian cities.

How about comparing to teams with a similar market size? St Louis would be less. Minnesota would be less. Detroit...the self proclaimed hockey town....less.



While I agree markets do play a factor, there are many other factors as well. Do those teams have a Crosby/Malkin to market? Are they serious contenders for the Cup year in and year out? What is the support in the city over a period of a few years?

I just looked at Boston and their Rd 1 tickets range from $95-405.

The Pens, regardless of the market, are competing in a league that does not adjust the cap and other expenses to market for the one the ice product.

Again, when the Pens feel a pitch due to a sharp decrease they will adjust accordingly. So far, it doesn't seem to be the case.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,307
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Tue May 07, 2013 2:04 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:Woops, that's for the regular season, not playoffs. I forget what you guys are complaining about sometimes.


Or only post information you know is correct. $75 was the price in like 2007.


Well, I knowour tickets this year were only $79 a game.


I apologize I see you were goin back and forth in playoff pricing. Do they have cheaper lower bowl tickets in the back rows?

That would make sense. But still think their overall pricing and playoff pricing is out of whack and a lot going on right now seems to show that.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,070
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:42 am
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby knives of ice on Tue May 07, 2013 2:15 pm

2013 prices - this year
full/half season

Club Seats (Sec 101-103, 111-113) $167.50 $173.75
LOWER BOWL
First Row Glass $125.00 N/A
DOUBLE ATTACK
Corners Plus (Sec 104, 110) $101.50 $107.75
Corners (Sec 105, 109) $96.00 $102.00
End Zone (Sec 106-108) $90.50 $97.00
SINGLE ATTACK
Corners Plus (Sec 114-115, 121-122) $101.50 $107.75
Corners (Sec 116,120) $96.00 $102.00
End Zone, Rows B–R (Sec 117-119) $85.00 $91.50
End Zone (Sec 117-119) $73.00 $79.00

UPPER BOWL
Center (Sec 202-203, 219-220) $67.00 $73.50
Sides, Rows A–E (Sec 201, 204, 218, 221) $67.00 $73.50
Sides (Sec 201, 204, 218, 221) $53.50 $60.00
DOUBLE ATTACK
Corners Plus, Rows A–E (Sec 205-206, 216-217) $67.00 $73.50
Corners Plus (Sec 205-206, 216-217) $48.00 $54.50
End Zone (Sec 207-215) $45.00 $51.50
SINGLE ATTACK
Corners Plus, Rows A–E (Sec 222-223, 233-234) $67.00 $73.50
Corners Plus (Sec 222-223, 233-234) $45.00 $51.50
End Zone (Sec 224-232) $33.50 $40.00
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,749
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: good riddance Armstrong

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby eddiefromirwin on Tue May 07, 2013 2:24 pm

knives of ice wrote:2013 prices - this year
full/half season

Club Seats (Sec 101-103, 111-113) $167.50 $173.75
LOWER BOWL
First Row Glass $125.00 N/A
DOUBLE ATTACK
Corners Plus (Sec 104, 110) $101.50 $107.75
Corners (Sec 105, 109) $96.00 $102.00
End Zone (Sec 106-108) $90.50 $97.00
SINGLE ATTACK
Corners Plus (Sec 114-115, 121-122) $101.50 $107.75
Corners (Sec 116,120) $96.00 $102.00
End Zone, Rows B–R (Sec 117-119) $85.00 $91.50
End Zone (Sec 117-119) $73.00 $79.00

UPPER BOWL
Center (Sec 202-203, 219-220) $67.00 $73.50
Sides, Rows A–E (Sec 201, 204, 218, 221) $67.00 $73.50
Sides (Sec 201, 204, 218, 221) $53.50 $60.00
DOUBLE ATTACK
Corners Plus, Rows A–E (Sec 205-206, 216-217) $67.00 $73.50
Corners Plus (Sec 205-206, 216-217) $48.00 $54.50
End Zone (Sec 207-215) $45.00 $51.50
SINGLE ATTACK
Corners Plus, Rows A–E (Sec 222-223, 233-234) $67.00 $73.50
Corners Plus (Sec 222-223, 233-234) $45.00 $51.50
End Zone (Sec 224-232) $33.50 $40.00



I don't think the major complaint concerns the regular season ticket prices. Most of these games sell out, even with higher prices for non-season ticket holders. There is still strong demand at those prices. However, the playoffs seem to be a different matter.
eddiefromirwin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:17 am

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby knives of ice on Tue May 07, 2013 2:27 pm

of course, i was just posting it because people were talking about the regular season prices and didn't know what they were.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,749
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: good riddance Armstrong

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby eddiefromirwin on Tue May 07, 2013 2:30 pm

knives of ice wrote:of course, i was just posting it because people were talking about the regular season prices and didn't know what they were.


HA! Yeah, I was looking around for my invoice, which had a flyer in it with the prices. Good info!
eddiefromirwin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:17 am

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby C4 Row E on Wed May 08, 2013 6:29 am

There's roughly 150 seats available in section 120 alone for the game tomorrow at $230.25 each.

At gate price that's roughly $34,500
At rush price that's $4,500

$30,000 difference in one section
C4 Row E
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,954
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:44 am
Location: 119

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby llipgh2 on Wed May 08, 2013 9:02 am

I don't think the streak will end tomorrow. I do think there will be empty seats, however.

There will be some folks who would rather watch a potential debacle at home than come all the way into Pittsburgh to do it. If they have to eat the cost of their tickets, they will.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,579
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:29 pm
Location: Gasp! The Clamboni!

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby drnort on Wed May 08, 2013 11:32 am

This is really the first time I have ever been bother/annoyed by this. I am not opposed to student rush as a whole, but after looking at all of the seats available it really is annoying to realize how many people are going to get to pay $30 to sit in them for a game 5. And then the Pens get to brag about the sellout streak, and our fans get to mock Detroit for not filling their arena?

Its not my business and I am not going to sit here and say its costing the Pens money...because I have no idea about that. But I think people that paid full price have some reason to be slightly offended.
drnort
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,594
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:56 pm

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Wed May 08, 2013 12:15 pm

drnort wrote:This is really the first time I have ever been bother/annoyed by this. I am not opposed to student rush as a whole, but after looking at all of the seats available it really is annoying to realize how many people are going to get to pay $30 to sit in them for a game 5. And then the Pens get to brag about the sellout streak, and our fans get to mock Detroit for not filling their arena?

Its not my business and I am not going to sit here and say its costing the Pens money...because I have no idea about that. But I think people that paid full price have some reason to be slightly offended.


The only reason I was convinced it cost them money or there is another financial concern since moving into Consol is that they have made really stupid cut backs.

I don't want to get into that aspect because people freak out and act like its a freebie complaint but a lot of their decisions have been down right head scratchers and this fanbase would destroy another team if they did the same.

They have had plenty of tickets left for playoffs for 3 years now, this isn't new people only pay attention now because they are mad at how they are playing so far.

And again, people don't realize just how pathetic their pricing is anyways as I have stated before. Most teams (or all) have more offerings with tickets making the pens prices even higher.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,070
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:42 am
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby C4 Row E on Wed May 08, 2013 12:16 pm

drnort wrote:This is really the first time I have ever been bother/annoyed by this. I am not opposed to student rush as a whole, but after looking at all of the seats available it really is annoying to realize how many people are going to get to pay $30 to sit in them for a game 5. And then the Pens get to brag about the sellout streak, and our fans get to mock Detroit for not filling their arena?

Its not my business and I am not going to sit here and say its costing the Pens money...because I have no idea about that. But I think people that paid full price have some reason to be slightly offended.


I'm more than slightly offended. As I've stated before, I don't mind a few regular season games being offered to "students", but it's getting out of hand.
C4 Row E
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,954
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:44 am
Location: 119

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby drnort on Wed May 08, 2013 12:42 pm

C4 Row E wrote:
drnort wrote:This is really the first time I have ever been bother/annoyed by this. I am not opposed to student rush as a whole, but after looking at all of the seats available it really is annoying to realize how many people are going to get to pay $30 to sit in them for a game 5. And then the Pens get to brag about the sellout streak, and our fans get to mock Detroit for not filling their arena?

Its not my business and I am not going to sit here and say its costing the Pens money...because I have no idea about that. But I think people that paid full price have some reason to be slightly offended.


I'm more than slightly offended. As I've stated before, I don't mind a few regular season games being offered to "students", but it's getting out of hand.


Dont blame you. I am lucky that student rush locations cannot compete with where my seats are at. But based on where your seats are, it would drive me absolutely crazy.
drnort
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,594
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:56 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Beveridge, ffemtreed, GSdrums87, skullman80 and 19 guests

e-mail