Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby Ossa on Fri May 10, 2013 2:42 pm

Anyone else find it odd how the Pens are selling playoff tickets. If the Pens lose on Saturday (I hope they don't) then that gives them less than 24 hours to sell tickets for game 7.
Ossa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 915
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:08 pm

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby knives of ice on Fri May 10, 2013 2:47 pm

Ossa wrote:Anyone else find it odd how the Pens are selling playoff tickets. If the Pens lose on Saturday (I hope they don't) then that gives them less than 24 hours to sell tickets for game 7.



they are already selling game 7 tickets on ticketmaster.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,546
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: good riddance Armstrong

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby MRandall25 on Fri May 10, 2013 2:48 pm

I would assume if you buy tickets, you could get a refund if when the Pens win
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,650
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby Ossa on Fri May 10, 2013 2:50 pm

knives of ice wrote:
Ossa wrote:Anyone else find it odd how the Pens are selling playoff tickets. If the Pens lose on Saturday (I hope they don't) then that gives them less than 24 hours to sell tickets for game 7.



they are already selling game 7 tickets on ticketmaster.


Did not know that. Thanks. Just started at noon.
Ossa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 915
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:08 pm

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby Ossa on Fri May 10, 2013 2:52 pm

MRandall25 wrote:I would assume if you buy tickets, you could get a refund if when the Pens win


You are correct. However, I'm not sure if the TicketMaster fees are refundable.

Edit: after doing some reading it looks like fees will be refunded too.
Ossa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 915
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:08 pm

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby Bathgate on Fri May 10, 2013 3:01 pm

What would be the reason they are not using the interactive seating diagram? Is it because they don't want people to see the huge number of unsold seats? I think the idea of being able to choose precisely where you want to sit through the interactive seating diagram is the neatest thing since sliced bread.
Bathgate
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:16 pm

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby Ossa on Fri May 10, 2013 3:04 pm

Bathgate wrote:What would be the reason they are not using the interactive seating diagram? Is it because they don't want people to see the huge number of unsold seats? I think the idea of being able to choose precisely where you want to sit through the interactive seating diagram is the neatest thing since sliced bread.


I was just using the interactive seating diagram and there are a lot of tickets available. When there are a bunch of people trying to buy tickets it will switch to the other format.
Ossa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 915
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:08 pm

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby knives of ice on Fri May 10, 2013 3:05 pm

Bathgate wrote:What would be the reason they are not using the interactive seating diagram? Is it because they don't want people to see the huge number of unsold seats? I think the idea of being able to choose precisely where you want to sit through the interactive seating diagram is the neatest thing since sliced bread.



seems like its just down and a ticketmaster problem. same situation if you search for NYI tickets for tomorrow at NCC
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,546
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: good riddance Armstrong

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby Bathgate on Fri May 10, 2013 3:13 pm

Ossa wrote:
Bathgate wrote:What would be the reason they are not using the interactive seating diagram? Is it because they don't want people to see the huge number of unsold seats? I think the idea of being able to choose precisely where you want to sit through the interactive seating diagram is the neatest thing since sliced bread.


I was just using the interactive seating diagram and there are a lot of tickets available. When there are a bunch of people trying to buy tickets it will switch to the other format.


Okay, thanks! I could not get to the interactive diagram. I hope this means the tickets are going fast.
Bathgate
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:16 pm

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby Ossa on Fri May 10, 2013 6:30 pm

Bathgate wrote:
Ossa wrote:
Bathgate wrote:What would be the reason they are not using the interactive seating diagram? Is it because they don't want people to see the huge number of unsold seats? I think the idea of being able to choose precisely where you want to sit through the interactive seating diagram is the neatest thing since sliced bread.


I was just using the interactive seating diagram and there are a lot of tickets available. When there are a bunch of people trying to buy tickets it will switch to the other format.


Okay, thanks! I could not get to the interactive diagram. I hope this means the tickets are going fast.


It is up now. Every section has seats available except section 228.
Ossa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 915
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:08 pm

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby topshelf66 on Fri May 10, 2013 8:29 pm

We pay a flat fee and are invoiced during each month of the season. There are always incremental programs that are an opportunity to spend more, particularly in the playoffs.
topshelf66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 648
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 2:24 pm
Location: The Palace Hotel Ballroom.

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby drnort on Sat May 11, 2013 9:11 am

In all honesty - with the short notice, and on Mothers Day...if the Pens lose tonight there could be serious risk of the game not selling out tomorrow. There are just a crazy number of tickets available now, and I cannot imagine many people changing their plans after what would be a disappointing game tonight.

Lets just assume we dont have to worry about it.
drnort
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,590
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:56 pm

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby Ossa on Sat May 11, 2013 10:36 am

drnort wrote:In all honesty - with the short notice, and on Mothers Day...if the Pens lose tonight there could be serious risk of the game not selling out tomorrow. There are just a crazy number of tickets available now, and I cannot imagine many people changing their plans after what would be a disappointing game tonight.

Lets just assume we dont have to worry about it.


It looks like you may be right. It has been 40 minutes since student rush started and there still a lot of tickets left.
Ossa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 915
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:08 pm

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Sat May 11, 2013 12:22 pm

My guess is that the team buys enough to get the sellout. The streak seems to be important to the organIzation.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,775
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:21 pm
Location: Roger Roger.

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby MRandall25 on Sat May 11, 2013 1:24 pm

Perhaps people aren't buying because the game isn't guaranteed.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,650
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby Bathgate on Sat May 11, 2013 6:19 pm

The lower bowl seats are now almost entirely sold except for the club sections. Clearly they have sold a ton of them as Student Rush. Still plenty of upper bowl seats. I assume they figure they would never sell the lower bowl seats at ridiculous prices. They are holding the upper bowl in hopes of selling them at their set prices if the Pens win.
Bathgate
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:16 pm

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby Ossa on Sat May 11, 2013 6:38 pm

Bathgate wrote:The lower bowl seats are now almost entirely sold except for the club sections. Clearly they have sold a ton of them as Student Rush. Still plenty of upper bowl seats. I assume they figure they would never sell the lower bowl seats at ridiculous prices. They are holding the upper bowl in hopes of selling them at their set prices if the Pens win.


For some stupid reason I'm blocked from TicketMaster. But I'm pretty sure student rush tickets are still available. The 100 level tickets were available for over an hour but 200 level was still available the last time I checked.
Ossa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 915
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:08 pm

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Sun May 12, 2013 1:16 am

MRandall25 wrote:Perhaps people aren't buying because the game isn't guaranteed.


Perhaps as with every other excuse people try to come up with to hide the obvious this never mattered before? Game 1, game 3, game 7 guaranteed or not they sold out in minutes?

why can't anyone just admit the obvious? They got greedy and for 3 years have been paying dearly for it?
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,966
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:42 am
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby blackjack68 on Sun May 12, 2013 1:35 am

Ossa wrote:
Bathgate wrote:The lower bowl seats are now almost entirely sold except for the club sections. Clearly they have sold a ton of them as Student Rush. Still plenty of upper bowl seats. I assume they figure they would never sell the lower bowl seats at ridiculous prices. They are holding the upper bowl in hopes of selling them at their set prices if the Pens win.


For some stupid reason I'm blocked from TicketMaster. But I'm pretty sure student rush tickets are still available. The 100 level tickets were available for over an hour but 200 level was still available the last time I checked.


Did you refresh too many times or throw seats back several times?

They'll do that.
blackjack68
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,153
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:12 am
Location: formerly Pittsburgh, now NJ

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby knives of ice on Sun May 12, 2013 1:57 am

BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:Perhaps people aren't buying because the game isn't guaranteed.


Perhaps as with every other excuse people try to come up with to hide the obvious this never mattered before? Game 1, game 3, game 7 guaranteed or not they sold out in minutes?

why can't anyone just admit the obvious? They got greedy and for 3 years have been paying dearly for it?



could be ugly till at least the ECF since prices go up another $30 or more for round 2. not sure there will be enough on the bandwagon yet to balance things out for the second round.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,546
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: good riddance Armstrong

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby nocera on Sun May 12, 2013 3:07 am

Why are people so worried about this?
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,457
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:02 pm

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby eddiefromirwin on Mon May 13, 2013 1:14 pm

Plenty of tickets available for game 1. Clubs now at 400 bucks. 200 level tickets available also, if one is willing to part with 140 for upper bowls.
eddiefromirwin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:17 am

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby newarenanow on Mon May 13, 2013 1:19 pm

nocera wrote:Why are people so worried about this?


It only seems to be the same 5 or 6 people.

The Pens are in financial ruin because of this. :scared: :pop:
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 40,602
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby eddiefromirwin on Mon May 13, 2013 1:22 pm

newarenanow wrote:
nocera wrote:Why are people so worried about this?


It only seems to be the same 5 or 6 people.

The Pens are in financial ruin because of this. :scared: :pop:


How quickly they forget.
eddiefromirwin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:17 am

Re: Pseudo sellout Streak...Anyone need 45 together?

Postby newarenanow on Mon May 13, 2013 1:25 pm

eddiefromirwin wrote:How quickly they forget.


What did they forget?
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 40,602
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Big Easy Pens Fan, Defence21, headh, letsgowbspens66, llipgh2, MalkinIsMyHomeboy, sil, SubtropicalPenguin and 38 guests

e-mail