Deryk Engelland

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Deryk Engelland

Postby mikey287 on Fri May 03, 2013 2:12 pm

pugilist13 wrote:
mikey287 wrote:
It'sagreatdayforhockey! wrote:If we are grasping for weaknesses from game 1, I think he was one. To me he looked a bit lost in his own zone in the first period and anytime the Islanders had any sort of sustainable pressure (and it was rare) Engo was on the ice.

I agree. I just wasn't going to be the first to say it because of my previous non-belief of Engelland's potential being as limitless as the sky...I don't think he'll play defense in at least half of the playoff games barring injuries to our good d-men...wasn't a liability or anything, but I think we have better options...

So Despres or Bortuzzo are better options at this point? When Orpik is back the question is moot. But to single anyone out after a 5-0 whitewashing???

Despres is simply a better player now than Engelland will ever be or ever was. But I'm not singling anyone out...at least, there's no way that could be gleaned from my post...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pugilist13 on Fri May 03, 2013 2:20 pm

mikey287 wrote:
pugilist13 wrote:
mikey287 wrote:
It'sagreatdayforhockey! wrote:If we are grasping for weaknesses from game 1, I think he was one. To me he looked a bit lost in his own zone in the first period and anytime the Islanders had any sort of sustainable pressure (and it was rare) Engo was on the ice.

I agree. I just wasn't going to be the first to say it because of my previous non-belief of Engelland's potential being as limitless as the sky...I don't think he'll play defense in at least half of the playoff games barring injuries to our good d-men...wasn't a liability or anything, but I think we have better options...

So Despres or Bortuzzo are better options at this point? When Orpik is back the question is moot. But to single anyone out after a 5-0 whitewashing???

Despres is simply a better player now than Engelland will ever be or ever was. But I'm not singling anyone out...at least, there's no way that could be gleaned from my post...

I totally agree on Despres, the guy is gonna be a stud. I just dont see DB playing the guy in the playoffs and i totally understand why. Engelland wont play either when everyone's healthy. I was just commenting on the "better options" thing, but I now assume you mean when everyone's healthy.
pugilist13
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby MRandall25 on Fri May 03, 2013 2:29 pm

Nizzy wrote:
Eismann wrote:The game was close even at 2-0. Isles had lots of pressure and Pens had no possession. I thought they got lucky Nyi didn't score during that stretch and it could have been a different game. Engl might have had probs, but several others did to during that albeit confined time.

Lets make something clear.

The New York Islanders are privileged right now to be in the playoffs, just to get a chance to look at the greatness of the 2013 Penguins. The Islanders are lucky. They are the dirt of the NHL. They are a 1C and a bunch of jokes. It should be a sweep. We should only let up 1-2 goals all series.

Orly?

Splinter.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins