Neal skates in full gear during practice

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Neal skates (briefly)

Postby Stick_Flex on Mon May 06, 2013 4:27 pm

Kovy27 wrote:
MarioLives wrote:
DocEmrick wrote:Trade Malkin in the off-season. We don't need him or Neil anymore.


Is this serious?


Yes.


Ouch. Never happy even when clinching the east? If you were a Canes fan I'd imagine you'd be suicidal.
Stick_Flex
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:52 pm
Location: Anaheim

Re: Neal skates (briefly)

Postby MRandall25 on Mon May 06, 2013 4:29 pm

Stick_Flex wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:
MarioLives wrote:
DocEmrick wrote:Trade Malkin in the off-season. We don't need him or Neil anymore.


Is this serious?


Yes.


Ouch. Never happy even when clinching the east? If you were a Canes fan I'd imagine you'd be suicidal.


Looks like you missed the sarcasm as well

Especially since Doc spelled Neal "Neil"
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,418
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Neal skates in full gear during practice

Postby meow on Mon May 06, 2013 4:30 pm

:slug: :slug: :slug: :slug: :slug: :slug: :slug:
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,540
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Neal skates in full gear during practice

Postby meow on Mon May 06, 2013 4:31 pm

I don't know.... that ankle looks awfully wonkie

http://instagram.com/p/Y-xjIbupLk/#
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,540
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Neal skates in full gear during practice

Postby bwyant32 on Mon May 06, 2013 4:32 pm

So tomorrow, could we see:

Dupper/Sid/Iginla
Kunitz/Malkin/Neal
Morrow/Jussi or Sutter/Cooke
and some combo of Glass/Bennett/Adams/TK/Jussi or Sutter

Martin/Orpik
Letang/Eaton
Murray/Nisky

???????
bwyant32
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:59 pm

Re: Neal doesn't skate

Postby LAChrisPaul on Mon May 06, 2013 4:33 pm

jwest21 wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:There's a gif in one of the threads (perhaps thoughts from the morning after). He rolled his ankle hard. As he was falling backwards his right inside edge caught the ice, bending his body in the direction opposite of his body.

EDIT: Here you go

Image

OUCH! Thanks...much better view than what I had.



I don't know how many of you have dealt with sprained ankles. That direction of the sprain (the way his foot rolled out instead of rolled in) is much worse. Sometimes sprains are worse than breaks. I'm not a doctor by any stretch, but it wouldn't surprise me if that was a few-weeks type of injury. Considering there's no reason we shouldn't beat the Islanders without Neal, I'd be awfully surprised if we saw him again in the first round.
LAChrisPaul
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:15 pm

Re: Neal skates in full gear during practice

Postby Sigwolf on Mon May 06, 2013 9:31 pm

That looks horrendous in slo-mo, and I can't believe he is already skating in full gear with the team...
Sigwolf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,343
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:10 pm
Location: north central Ohio

Re: Neal doesn't skate

Postby Great58 on Mon May 06, 2013 9:37 pm

LAChrisPaul wrote:
jwest21 wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:There's a gif in one of the threads (perhaps thoughts from the morning after). He rolled his ankle hard. As he was falling backwards his right inside edge caught the ice, bending his body in the direction opposite of his body.

EDIT: Here you go

Image

OUCH! Thanks...much better view than what I had.



I don't know how many of you have dealt with sprained ankles. That direction of the sprain (the way his foot rolled out instead of rolled in) is much worse. Sometimes sprains are worse than breaks. I'm not a doctor by any stretch, but it wouldn't surprise me if that was a few-weeks type of injury. Considering there's no reason we shouldn't beat the Islanders without Neal, I'd be awfully surprised if we saw him again in the first round.

I'd be surprised if he was skating with the team if he wasn't close to returning.
Great58
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,626
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:56 pm
Location: On the blue line

Re: Neal skates in full gear during practice

Postby KG on Mon May 06, 2013 9:45 pm

bwyant32 wrote:So tomorrow, could we see:

Dupper/Sid/Iginla
Kunitz/Malkin/Neal
Morrow/Jussi or Sutter/Cooke
and some combo of Glass/Bennett/Adams/TK/Jussi or Sutter

Martin/Orpik
Letang/Eaton
Murray/Nisky

???????



Love to get a fully healthy lineup going so we can get on a nice roll...
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,979
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:53 am
Location: NY

Re: Neal skates in full gear during practice

Postby pens#1 on Mon May 06, 2013 9:54 pm

I have this feeling Iggy will still be with geno
pens#1
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,885
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:05 pm
Location: allentown

Re: Neal doesn't skate

Postby scals37 on Mon May 06, 2013 11:47 pm

Great58 wrote:
LAChrisPaul wrote:
jwest21 wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:There's a gif in one of the threads (perhaps thoughts from the morning after). He rolled his ankle hard. As he was falling backwards his right inside edge caught the ice, bending his body in the direction opposite of his body.

EDIT: Here you go

Image

OUCH! Thanks...much better view than what I had.



I don't know how many of you have dealt with sprained ankles. That direction of the sprain (the way his foot rolled out instead of rolled in) is much worse. Sometimes sprains are worse than breaks. I'm not a doctor by any stretch, but it wouldn't surprise me if that was a few-weeks type of injury. Considering there's no reason we shouldn't beat the Islanders without Neal, I'd be awfully surprised if we saw him again in the first round.

I'd be surprised if he was skating with the team if he wasn't close to returning.


I had one (only from adult league) recently, and it was an absolute B**** to recover 100% from.. Still feel pain 3 months later and originally wasn't able to get from the couch to bathroom without significant help, then again I wasn't rehabbing it like a pro player should be with a professional trainer.. as many of us fans know from the past, ankle sprains can be very different in terms of recovery, but hopefully he's good to go and not rushing anything
scals37
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,699
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:05 pm
Location: Joe Baggadonuts' House

Re: Neal skates in full gear during practice

Postby PenguinSteve-o on Mon May 06, 2013 11:54 pm

I think we need orpik more than ever. Any update on his status?
PenguinSteve-o
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,902
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:39 pm
Location: 6burgh

Re: Neal skates in full gear during practice

Postby marek on Tue May 07, 2013 1:52 am

So I'm watching the gif of the hit on Neal and I have one question... Where the hell is the puck???

That is blatant interference.
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,777
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:44 am
Location: The Farms, La Jolla California

Re: Neal skates in full gear during practice

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue May 07, 2013 8:04 am

Did you miss the game? Where that image starts, the next pixel on the right would probably be the puck moving away from them up to the point.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,241
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Neal skates in full gear during practice

Postby silentom on Tue May 07, 2013 8:10 am

At what point does a thread specifically for injuries, and injury updates get made? :pop:
silentom
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:59 pm
Location: Santabarbaratown

Re: Neal skates in full gear during practice

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue May 07, 2013 8:13 am

Pretty much every time there is an update, an additional thread is made and then it goes a few pages before people return to the longer thread for that individual.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,241
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Neal skates in full gear during practice

Postby Nizzy on Tue May 07, 2013 8:19 am

RJ needs to make some more active posters administrators on these boards... the front page is always a complete mess of threads that should be merged/deleted.

I certainly don't miss one of them though :D :twisted: ahahha
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,607
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Steel City

Re: Neal skates in full gear during practice

Postby bigkam on Tue May 07, 2013 9:38 am

If we add Orpik and Neal to the lineup tonight, we may finally see what a "mostly" healthy Pens' lineup will look like in the playoffs. We all know the level Orpik can play at in the playoffs, and could be exactly what we are missing in front of our net. Neal and Geno have been magic for two seasons now, and could finally help get that line going. Me thinks the Isles are hoping hey don't play.
bigkam
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,395
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:45 pm

Re: Neal skates in full gear during practice

Postby WDWBurghGooner on Tue May 07, 2013 9:48 am

Orpik is fairly comfortable on the puck as well even if he isn't the most amazing passer ever. That should help with puck possesion, breakouts, and cutting down on turnovers in our own end/neutral zone.
WDWBurghGooner
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 856
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:42 pm
Location: Vulcania

Re: Neal skates in full gear during practice

Postby thepittman on Tue May 07, 2013 9:57 am

silentom wrote:At what point does a thread specifically for injuries, and injury updates get made? :pop:


I wouldn't want to dig through a monster thread looking for information, I think thread making doesn't happen enough here and it really limits content. When only one thread is active it looks like the forum is dead.

To be honest I believe GDT's should be closed at the finish of the game so those who want to recap what went on in the game can without dealing with a bunch of garbage.

A post game thread should be made immediately after.
thepittman
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,111
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 3:52 pm
Location: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Re: Neal skates in full gear during practice

Postby sil on Tue May 07, 2013 10:33 am

I know we have that GIF and all, but has it ever been 100% disclosed that Neal's injury is a high ankle sprain...or has it all been speculation? It may not really be that bad.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,913
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:05 pm
Location: the Juice Case manufacturing plant

Re: Neal skates in full gear during practice

Postby Beveridge on Tue May 07, 2013 10:36 am

sil wrote:I know we have that GIF and all, but has it ever been 100% disclosed that Neal's injury is a high ankle sprain...or has it all been speculation? It may not really be that bad.


We don't know anything because team policy in the playoffs and across the league is no injury updates.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,737
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:38 pm
Location: Punxsutawney

Re: Neal skates in full gear during practice

Postby thepittman on Tue May 07, 2013 10:47 am

sil wrote:I know we have that GIF and all, but has it ever been 100% disclosed that Neal's injury is a high ankle sprain...or has it all been speculation? It may not really be that bad.

No one knows what they are talking about, you can take that as a general rule when reading anything on this forum
thepittman
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,111
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 3:52 pm
Location: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Re: Neal skates in full gear during practice

Postby pcm on Tue May 07, 2013 11:49 am

bigkam wrote:If we add Orpik and Neal to the lineup tonight, we may finally see what a "mostly" healthy Pens' lineup will look like in the playoffs. We all know the level Orpik can play at in the playoffs, and could be exactly what we are missing in front of our net. Neal and Geno have been magic for two seasons now, and could finally help get that line going. Me thinks the Isles are hoping hey don't play.


Neal and Geno have been magic only when playing with Kunitz or (for 1 game) Morrow. They've looked pedestrian trying to carry whomever else was on their line. With Bennett, they looked slightly better than that, but definitely nowhere near "magic".

I'm starting to think these lines might work best:

Kuntiz-Sid-Dupuis
Morrow-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Jokinen-Iginla
Glass-Sutter-Adams
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,342
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:39 am
Location: mountains

Re: Neal skates in full gear during practice

Postby tfrizz on Tue May 07, 2013 11:51 am

pcm wrote:
bigkam wrote:If we add Orpik and Neal to the lineup tonight, we may finally see what a "mostly" healthy Pens' lineup will look like in the playoffs. We all know the level Orpik can play at in the playoffs, and could be exactly what we are missing in front of our net. Neal and Geno have been magic for two seasons now, and could finally help get that line going. Me thinks the Isles are hoping hey don't play.


Neal and Geno have been magic only when playing with Kunitz or (for 1 game) Morrow. They've looked pedestrian trying to carry whomever else was on their line. With Bennett, they looked slightly better than that, but definitely nowhere near "magic".

I'm starting to think these lines might work best:

Kuntiz-Sid-Dupuis
Morrow-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Jokinen-Iginla
Glass-Sutter-Adams


Lines at morning skate are

Kunitz - Crosby - Dupuis
Bennett - Malkin - Neal
Cooke - Jokinen - Kennedy
Adams - Jeffrey - Glass

Orpik - Martin
Eaton - Letang
Niskanen - Engelland


Iginla, Murray, Sutter, and Morrow were absent. Wouldn't mind seeing those top 2 lines stay intact though. Go with Morrow-Jokinen-Iginla on the 3rd line and Cooke-Sutter-Adams on the 4th.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,299
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:49 am
Location: Freddy Beach

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Admin, Antonio, Beech_is_God, bigkam, BurghThing, Dan H, DelPen, Dickie Dunn, DropEmJayBird, DudeMan2766, eww7633, farnham16, GDR, GSdrums87, Hugo Stiglitz, jayv8227, joopen, lemieuxReturns, MalkinIsMyHomeboy, mariojr, mikey287, NashvilleCat, offsides, PenGator88, pens2005, pressure=9Pa, rgj, Scate, She'sTheFastest, sil, skullman80, Staggy, Steve Dave, Take the Body Shoot the Puck, thedude400, TPW, Two Line Pass and 115 guests


e-mail