Referees: Kelly Sutherland (11); Chris Lee (28)
Linesmen: Jean Morin (97); Scott Driscoll (68)
Video Judge: Jim Weaver
Anthem: Jeff Jimerson
Playoffs Home Anthem Singer Standings:
- Code: Select all
Singer G W L Pct
Jeff Jimerson 1 1 0 1.000
Totals 1 1 0 1.000
Final Regular Season Home Anthem Singer Standings:
- Code: Select all
Singer G W L OTL Pts Pct
Kenzie Palmer 4 4 0 0 8 1.000
Sarah Marince 2 2 0 0 4 1.000
Jeff Jimerson 18 12 6 0 24 0.667
Totals 24 18 6 0 36 0.750
G Marc-Andre Fleury needs 1 shutout to surpass Tom Barrasso for sole possession of first place on the team’s all-time postseason shutout list with 7
F Sidney Crosby 3 points from tying Kevin Stevens for fourth place on the franchise’s all-time assist list with 60 and 10 points from 100 for his career
Recent Milestones Achieved:
G Marc-Andre Fleury equaled Tom Barrasso’s postseason franchise record by nothing his sixth career shutout vs. NY Islanders May 1 (Game 1)
Fs Tanner Glass and Beau Bennett each notched their first NHL postseason goals vs. NY Islanders May 1 (Game 1)
- Pittsburgh is looking to take a 2-0 series lead on the Islanders. The last time that the Penguins went up 2-0 in a series was the 2009 Eastern Conference Finals against Carolina - a series they eventually swept.
- The Penguins enter tonight’s game with an all-time record of 31-21 in Game 2 including 22-8 at home.
- New York has won its past two Game 2s entering tonight.
- Marc-Andre Fleury’s shutout in Game 1 marked the 22nd time in Islanders history that they’ve been shut out in postseason play. Prior to Fleury, Nikolai Khabibulin was the most-recent goaltender to blank the New York on April 14, 2004 at Nassau Coliseum.
- Pittsburgh won the regular-season series against the Islanders, 4-1, including a 2-1 record at CONSOL Energy Center.
- Pittsburgh improved to 4-4 all-time in the postseason without Sidney Crosby in the lineup with its Game 1 victory.