Fleury

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Fleury

Postby bwyant32 on Sat May 04, 2013 1:37 pm

I've seen a lot of blame for the Flower and people calling for 'Koon to start tomorrow but Fleury did not play bad that game. He freaking faced 42 shots and stopped 38, the Isles had 2 pretty fortunate bounces but if Pittsburgh pulled that game off I think we could have safely said that Flower stole that game for the Pens. You ride this guy, enough said.
bwyant32
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: Fleury

Postby MarioLives on Sat May 04, 2013 1:52 pm

Good thing I did not make this post..... You might get a pass from the chosen ones.
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Rylan on Sat May 04, 2013 1:53 pm

Have there really been people clamoring for Vokoun? Because if so, they are pretty dumb. But, that is why I generally don't read PR post-loses.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby America on Sat May 04, 2013 1:53 pm

ok
America
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Kovy27 on Sat May 04, 2013 2:07 pm

bwyant32 wrote:I've seen a lot of blame for the Flower and people calling for 'Koon to start tomorrow but Fleury did not play bad that game. He freaking faced 42 shots and stopped 38, the Isles had 2 pretty fortunate bounces but if Pittsburgh pulled that game off I think we could have safely said that Flower stole that game for the Pens. You ride this guy, enough said.

I'm pretty sure that I haven't heard much in the way of blaming Fleury and starting Vokoun. I can safely say that the whole team played like garbage outside Sid.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kovy27 on Sat May 04, 2013 2:08 pm

MarioLives wrote:Good thing I did not make this post..... You might get a pass from the chosen ones.

If you would actually stop making posts like this one, people might lay off you. Just sayin'.

Too lazy to look for oveckhintakingpoop.gif
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MarioLives on Sat May 04, 2013 2:09 pm

Rylan wrote:Have there really been people clamoring for Vokoun? Because if so, they are pretty dumb. But, that is why I generally don't read PR post-loses.

No one should be. Fleury played fine
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby knives of ice on Sat May 04, 2013 2:18 pm

not blaming flower and no way should he be pulled for vokoun.

that being said, when thinking about every playoff series the pens have played in with maf in goal, its tough think of a series where he hasn't had at least one bad game.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sat May 04, 2013 2:18 pm

I've said it in another thread, but if you DVR'd this game, watch Fluerry between goals three and four. There was something that was just not right with him. It wasn't your standard MAF, he looked like he was totally off his game. Hard to describe. But when you look at the video, you can clearly see it.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby IanMoran on Sat May 04, 2013 2:21 pm

I'm a Fleury supporter, I say he rebound next game... If he hypothetically doesn't THEN i think we might to go with Voukon... Not until then
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Kovy27 on Sat May 04, 2013 2:22 pm

IanMoran wrote:I'm a Fleury supporter, I say he rebound next game... If he hypothetically doesn't THEN i think we might to go with Voukon... Not until then

He's going to need to be on his game for the first 10 minutes. You know the Isles are going to come hard the first part with the voices of their 147 strong fan base behind them.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sat May 04, 2013 2:23 pm

Kovy27 wrote:
IanMoran wrote:I'm a Fleury supporter, I say he rebound next game... If he hypothetically doesn't THEN i think we might to go with Voukon... Not until then

He's going to need to be on his game for the first 10 minutes. You know the Isles are going to come hard the first part with the voices of their 147 strong fan base behind them.

Yep. There are still tickets available at the Isles box office if you can believe that.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby Kovy27 on Sat May 04, 2013 2:25 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:

Yep. There are still tickets available at the Isles box office if you can believe that.

I can beLIeve it. I toyed with the idea of making the trip, but I got too much crap going on here that needed to get done this morning.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby knives of ice on Sat May 04, 2013 2:27 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:

you mean just like the penguins for game 1? there were far more tickets available at the box office and online for game 1 at cec than tomorrow's game on the island. i bet there won't be tickets avaiable online for $20 all afternoon like for game 1 at cec.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby MarioLives on Sat May 04, 2013 2:27 pm

I am almost thinking I would have cancelled practice, told them to stay off the ice, and come ready to play Sunday afternoon. Changed it up and see how they responded
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby MarioLives on Sat May 04, 2013 2:28 pm

knives of ice wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:

you mean just like the penguins for game 1? there were far more tickets available at the box office and online for game 1 at cec than tomorrow's game on the island. i bet there won't be tickets avaiable online for $20 all afternoon like for game 1 at cec.

What's your point? Pens fans suck??
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby PhantomJB93 on Sat May 04, 2013 2:29 pm

Fleury can't be letting multiple flukey goals in like that in a freaking playoff game, but at the same time starting Vokoun is not the answer.
PhantomJB93
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Rylan on Sat May 04, 2013 2:30 pm

MarioLives wrote:I am almost thinking I would have cancelled practice, told them to stay off the ice, and come ready to play Sunday afternoon. Changed it up and see how they responded

No. They need to refocus on hockey and to refocus on what has made them successful. A strong commitment to team defense and shutting the opponent down when holding the lead. They were not the same team we are accustomed to and they need to be on the ice to return to form. Practice isn't a punishment, it only serves to better.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kovy27 on Sat May 04, 2013 2:31 pm

Rylan wrote:
MarioLives wrote:I am almost thinking I would have cancelled practice, told them to stay off the ice, and come ready to play Sunday afternoon. Changed it up and see how they responded

No. They need to refocus on hockey and to refocus on what has made them successful. A strong commitment to team defense and shutting the opponent down when holding the lead. They were not the same team we are accustomed to and they need to be on the ice to return to form. Practice isn't a punishment, it only serves to better.

Cancel practice when they lose? Yeah...that's called the offseason.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MarioLives on Sat May 04, 2013 2:32 pm

Point was to simply change it up. This team seems fragile to me. Just tight. Just a thought, not a suggestion
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Rylan on Sat May 04, 2013 2:34 pm

MarioLives wrote:Point was to simply change it up. This team seems fragile to me. Just tight. Just a thought, not a suggestion

I feel they were tight because the refs called the game tight early. The physical play was off. When that is off the team gets thrown off. I expect game 3 to mirror game 1 more than game 2.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sat May 04, 2013 2:37 pm

knives of ice wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:

:face:

Please, let's not have a discussion about which of these two fanbases are more supportive of their respective franchises.

It's a nice day out here and there are more productive conversations to have.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kovy27 on Sat May 04, 2013 2:37 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:
knives of ice wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:

:face:

Please, let's not have a discussion about which of these two fanbases are more supportive of their respective franchises.

It's a nice day out here and there are more productive conversations to have.

Like how I just completely owned my lawn and my grass seed is finally coming up.

seanconneryfistpump.jpg
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby knives of ice on Sat May 04, 2013 2:37 pm

MarioLives wrote:
knives of ice wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:

What's your point? Pens fans suck??

my point is to act like lslanders fans suck and we are so much better than them is stupid. our ticket situation was exactly the same, even if they were more expensive. guess what, our fanbase sucked as bad as the islanders as well when we were in the oldest building in the nhl and the team in front of us hadn't made the playoffs for years.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Beveridge on Sat May 04, 2013 2:40 pm

There are roughly 1000000000 things more to do in NYC than go to a hockey game.

Comparing tv ratings or ticket sales or w/e between New York freaking City and Pittsburgh goes nowhere.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins