Fleury

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Fleury

Postby Getting To My Game on Thu May 23, 2013 2:44 pm

Some are saying that Fleury should get the nod in Game 5 so he can get his confidence back by closing out a series. If Disco goes back to Fleury for Game 5, I'm rooting for the Sharks the rest of the way.
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby nocera on Thu May 23, 2013 2:45 pm

Getting To My Game wrote:
nocera wrote:Fleury will be needed before all is said and done.

Once again, I fail to see the logic in this argument. What evidence or logic besides a hunch or pathological faith in Fleury would dictate that he's going to be needed once again? Tommy is this team's goalie now, for better or for worse. The Pens will sink or swim with him. Fleury's done here.

As soon as Vokoun begins to sink, it'll be Fleury's time again. It's not really that hard to understand.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Getting To My Game on Thu May 23, 2013 2:48 pm

nocera wrote:

Once again, I fail to see the logic in this argument. What evidence or logic besides a hunch or pathological faith in Fleury would dictate that he's going to be needed once again? Tommy is this team's goalie now, for better or for worse. The Pens will sink or swim with him. Fleury's done here.

As soon as Vokoun begins to sink, it'll be Fleury's time again. It's not really that hard to understand.

What evidence do you have that Vokoun is going to sink? Besides some hunch or longing to see the French sieve back between the pipes?
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Getting To My Game on Thu May 23, 2013 2:49 pm

All Pens fans should hope that we don't see Fleury again in these playoffs, because if we do, that'll mean the Pens are in huge trouble.
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Sarcastic on Thu May 23, 2013 3:13 pm

Getting To My Game wrote:Some are saying that Fleury should get the nod in Game 5 so he can get his confidence back by closing out a series. If Disco goes back to Fleury for Game 5, I'm rooting for the Sharks the rest of the way.

Jesus. They better not change what is working.

btw, on Fleury's future with the team.. if if if.. Vokoun goes all the way. What happens to him?
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby nhl94 on Thu May 23, 2013 3:15 pm

Sarcastic wrote:
Getting To My Game wrote:Some are saying that Fleury should get the nod in Game 5 so he can get his confidence back by closing out a series. If Disco goes back to Fleury for Game 5, I'm rooting for the Sharks the rest of the way.

btw, on Fleury's future with the team.. if if if.. Vokoun goes all the way. What happens to him?

like i said before, he is already done...Pens will look to find an elite goalie in the future, making this team unstoppable
nhl94

Postby tfrizz on Thu May 23, 2013 4:11 pm

nhl94 wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:

like i said before, he is already done...Pens will look to find an elite goalie in the future, making this team unstoppable

Good luck with that! The Flyers have been looking for an elite goalie for decades. There's a reason they're elite - they are few and far between.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby penmyst on Thu May 23, 2013 5:29 pm

Sarcastic wrote:Jesus. They better not change what is working.

Who cares right now? That is a problem for the future. It's difficult to even begin to consider all the impacting factors on such a decision.

Right now, Vokoun is getting the job done. I would not be panicked if for some reason the Pens go back to MAF in these playoffs. Because I know MAF is good enough to win games.
penmyst
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby nocera on Thu May 23, 2013 5:34 pm

nocera wrote:

What evidence do you have that Vokoun is going to sink? Besides some hunch or longing to see the French sieve back between the pipes?

He's been shaky lately, and you're right, it's just a hunch. Sort of like saying the Pens will sink or swim with their backup goalie is also a hunch.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Getting To My Game on Thu May 23, 2013 5:46 pm

nocera wrote:
nocera wrote:

He's been shaky lately, and you're right, it's just a hunch. Sort of like saying the Pens will sink or swim with their backup goalie is also a hunch.

Once again, people just love to sell Tommy short. Vokoun isn't Brent Johnson, he wasn't brought here to play 15 games and then be marooned on Siberia in the playoffs until he has to come into a 3rd period to finish off a series loss. Vokoun was brought here to challenge for the number 1 job and serve as another starter if Fleury screwed up, which he has. The starter is Vokoun, Fleury's the back-up. Right now and throughout their careers, Vokoun has been a better netminder than Fleury, period.
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby nhl94 on Thu May 23, 2013 5:49 pm

nocera wrote:
nocera wrote:

and fleury been flaky, at least the team 'currently' have confidence in Koun's consistency, which we will take in a heartbeat. The goalie drives the team's confidence when they know they can focus more on scoring than babysitting weak shots...
nhl94

Postby scals37 on Thu May 23, 2013 5:52 pm

:face: and no one will miss you
scals37
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Fast B on Thu May 23, 2013 7:08 pm

I'm a little bummed at the dirt being heaped on Fleury's grave, but frankly he didn't help himself this year or the past couple playoffs. The team in front of him was pretty porous as well, but some of the goals he allowed were simply inexcusable for an NHL starter.

I defended Fleury for years and I fear winding up in the Flyers' situation once Vokoun moves on (am I the only one who remembers the likes of Skudra and Aubin?), but for the moment Vokoun is clearly the guy and I don't know how you can say otherwise.
Fast B
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Getting To My Game on Thu May 23, 2013 7:16 pm

scals37 wrote:

:face: and no one will miss you

Not the biggest fan of hyperbole, eh?
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Getting To My Game on Thu May 23, 2013 7:16 pm

Fast B wrote: but for the moment Vokoun is clearly the guy and I don't know how you can say otherwise.

Cocaine's one hell of a drug.
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins