Hey Roenick, shut the heck up.

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Hey Roenick, shut the heck up.

Postby shoeshine boy on Mon May 06, 2013 8:47 am

Malkamaniac wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:I don't think they're gaining many fans from doing that. I know a lot of people that turn the tv off of change the channel when they get that panel going though.


HF Boards and /r/NHL were all over it last night sadly. Practically cheering in the streets that Crosby has been yet again called out for his cheating ways.


well yeah but those lemmings are just waiting for the Bash Sid Express to come by and pick them up. they can't actually think for themselves and they're so green with envy that A) their team didn't make the playoffs and B) their team missed out on getting Sid all those years ago. jealousy is an ugly emotion.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,416
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:44 am
Location: me, 3 years Super League

Re: Hey Roenick, shut the heck up.

Postby columbia on Mon May 06, 2013 8:55 am

You're discussing NBC: mission accomplished for them.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 48,499
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: Hey Roenick, shut the heck up.

Postby count2infinity on Mon May 06, 2013 8:56 am

Roenick is a moron. Everyone knows it... move along.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,480
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: #isitoctoberyet??? Lololololololol

Re: Hey Roenick, shut the heck up.

Postby Malkamaniac on Mon May 06, 2013 9:06 am

columbia wrote:You're discussing NBC: mission accomplished for them.


Exactly. It's as simple as that. Those guys are lightning rods, and NBC I'm sure is delighted when they can cause waves for more than a day after something happened.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,318
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:33 pm
Location: Who is Sims?

Re: Hey Roenick, shut the heck up.

Postby shmenguin on Mon May 06, 2013 9:09 am

i don't think those 2 clowns were executing some tactic to get them or the network more attention. like a few posters here, i think they just wanted to sound smart and enlightened by being able to find the "truth" behind the penalty. and since they know the world is ready to pile on crosby at all times, they had plenty of rope to hang him.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 23,262
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: Hey Roenick, shut the heck up.

Postby DropEmJayBird on Mon May 06, 2013 9:15 am

Malkamaniac wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:I don't think they're gaining many fans from doing that. I know a lot of people that turn the tv off of change the channel when they get that panel going though.


HF Boards and /r/NHL were all over it last night sadly. Practically cheering in the streets that Crosby has been yet again called out for his cheating ways.


HF Boards is full of the same hacks who booo when their guy falls down by himself around the puck - demanding a penalty. To me - this is the same bullcrap argument I've seen play out with James Harrison and the Steelers. Appently if you get beat and you are behind the opponent, it's somehow perfectly acceptable to grab the guy and drag him down from behind.
DropEmJayBird
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,830
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:38 pm

Re: Hey Roenick, shut the heck up.

Postby llipgh2 on Mon May 06, 2013 9:17 am

America wrote:NBC is saying it was a penalty now. All day I've heard them crying that it wasn't.


No, Keith Jones said it was a penalty. And he probably would have said the same thing if he worked the Pens/Isles game. Which is probably why he wasn't tapped to do so.

Jones isn't controversial, he doesn't say stupid things, he doesn't scream like a maniac. So of course he wouldn't work a nationally televised game on NBC. Behaving in a rational manner is bad for ratings.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,928
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:29 pm
Location: Gasp! The Clamboni!

Re: Hey Roenick, shut the heck up.

Postby Kovy27 on Mon May 06, 2013 9:45 am

llipgh2 wrote:
America wrote:NBC is saying it was a penalty now. All day I've heard them crying that it wasn't.


No, Keith Jones said it was a penalty. And he probably would have said the same thing if he worked the Pens/Isles game. Which is probably why he wasn't tapped to do so.

Jones isn't controversial, he doesn't say stupid things, he doesn't scream like a maniac. So of course he wouldn't work a nationally televised game on NBC. Behaving in a rational manner is bad for ratings.


I was listening to the SJ/Van game on Sirius-XM last night and they had the Canadian broadcast. They pretty much made fun of the NBC broadcast saying, "The American TV broadcast doesn't have the angles we have. It also has a bunch of guys during intermission that don't know what penalties are."
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,686
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:56 pm
Location: Break Down the Walls of Kovy27

Re: Hey Roenick, shut the heck up.

Postby newarenanow on Mon May 06, 2013 9:46 am

What did they say?
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,661
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: Hey Roenick, shut the heck up.

Postby NashvilleCat on Mon May 06, 2013 9:48 am

Kovy27 wrote:
llipgh2 wrote:
America wrote:NBC is saying it was a penalty now. All day I've heard them crying that it wasn't.


No, Keith Jones said it was a penalty. And he probably would have said the same thing if he worked the Pens/Isles game. Which is probably why he wasn't tapped to do so.

Jones isn't controversial, he doesn't say stupid things, he doesn't scream like a maniac. So of course he wouldn't work a nationally televised game on NBC. Behaving in a rational manner is bad for ratings.


I was listening to the SJ/Van game on Sirius-XM last night and they had the Canadian broadcast. They pretty much made fun of the NBC broadcast saying, "The American TV broadcast doesn't have the angles we have. It also has a bunch of guys during intermission that don't know what penalties are."

But, but they played the game so they must know! Milbury and JR are the poster boys for something a guy I used to work with said about experience. He always said there's a big difference between 20 years of experience and one year twenty times.
NashvilleCat
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,242
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 8:18 pm
Location: 4.5 hours south of Josh Harrison's hometown.

Re: Hey Roenick, shut the heck up.

Postby shmenguin on Mon May 06, 2013 9:52 am

in which the puck daddy blog proves that it's not all bad:

Had this call — which was the right one because Strait got beat on the inside, took his hand off his stick and pulled Crosby down from behind, easy-ish fall or not — been made in the first period, the number of eyebrows it raised around the hockey universe would have been precisely zero. This is the kind of thing that typically happens when a coach puts a decent enough defenseman like Brian Strait on the ice in a high-leverage situation against a generational talent like Sidney Crosby, after all.

But that it happened in overtime was somehow outrageous.

The thing is, I thought we all agreed that what we want out of referees most of all consistency. Did I miss the memo that this is the kind of thing that should go straight out the window once 14 teams get eliminated?


http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... 26733.html

...but this is lambert (who is a straight shooter) and not wysh (who is a whore)
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 23,262
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: Hey Roenick, shut the heck up.

Postby TheHammer24 on Mon May 06, 2013 10:16 am

People give Milbury a lot of crap because he can be a sensationalist, but at least he is remotely professional. Roenick blows my mind. All the ex-players our there and they choose him to be an analyst.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,156
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:28 pm

Re: Hey Roenick, shut the heck up.

Postby penny lane on Mon May 06, 2013 10:31 am

JR still mad at Mario; sweep of 92 . ha, ha & woo , woo!
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,869
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Have fun, kick butt!

Re: Hey Roenick, shut the heck up.

Postby iWonTheCup87 on Mon May 06, 2013 10:42 am

awww still upset with the Pens because they owned you in 92?

Linda Cohn of ESPN is worse saying Crosby gets more calls than Lebron. STFU you are irrelevant Linda and so is ESPN
iWonTheCup87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,348
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:42 pm
Location: Inside Crosby's basement dryer

Re: Hey Roenick, shut the heck up.

Postby Malkamaniac on Mon May 06, 2013 10:48 am

Who is Linda Cohn?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,318
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:33 pm
Location: Who is Sims?

Re: Hey Roenick, shut the heck up.

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Mon May 06, 2013 10:50 am

that woman on espn with the gigantic bug eyes
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,421
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: Hey Roenick, shut the heck up.

Postby DelPen on Mon May 06, 2013 10:51 am

penny lane wrote:JR still mad at Mario; sweep of 92 . ha, ha & woo , woo!


And Milbury for Neely's charlie horse :)
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,535
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Hey Roenick, shut the heck up.

Postby shmenguin on Mon May 06, 2013 10:53 am

Letang Is The Truth wrote:that woman on espn with the gigantic bug eyes


are you thinking of andrea kramer?

linda cohen's motivation for that tweet was her thinking that she was being hilarious. she probably has no real opinion on anything, but saw an opportunity to re-invented comedy as we know it.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 23,262
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: Hey Roenick, shut the heck up.

Postby count2infinity on Mon May 06, 2013 10:56 am

Of anyone on ESPN/Sportcenter, Linda Cohn is one of the most knowledgeable anchors when it comes to hockey... just saying.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,480
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: #isitoctoberyet??? Lololololololol

Re: Hey Roenick, shut the heck up.

Postby Guinness on Mon May 06, 2013 10:58 am

Crosby gets a lot of calls because Crosby outworks everyone on the ice. Just ask Brian Strait.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,336
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:30 am
Location: At the pub

Re: Hey Roenick, shut the heck up.

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Mon May 06, 2013 10:59 am

count2infinity wrote:Of anyone on ESPN/Sportcenter, Linda Cohn is one of the most knowledgeable anchors when it comes to hockey... just saying.


That's not saying much
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,421
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: Hey Roenick, shut the heck up.

Postby shoeshine boy on Mon May 06, 2013 11:00 am

count2infinity wrote:Of anyone on ESPN/Sportcenter, Linda Cohn is one of the most knowledgeable anchors when it comes to hockey... just saying.


what is this "ESPN/Sportcenter" that you speak of?
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,416
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:44 am
Location: me, 3 years Super League

Re: Hey Roenick, shut the heck up.

Postby shoeshine boy on Mon May 06, 2013 11:01 am

Guinness wrote:Crosby gets a lot of calls because Crosby outworks everyone on the ice. Just ask Brian Strait.


Penguins Live mentioned that Sid has NEVER received an embellishment call. do we know if this is accurate?
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,416
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:44 am
Location: me, 3 years Super League

Re: Hey Roenick, shut the heck up.

Postby count2infinity on Mon May 06, 2013 11:05 am

I understand people don't like espn/sportscenter. I get that. I still watch sportscenter every morning, it's a routine thing for me. No one on that network knows hockey, especially the anchors, but of all the anchors, Linda is the most knowledgeable when it comes to hockey.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,480
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: #isitoctoberyet??? Lololololololol

Re: Hey Roenick, shut the heck up.

Postby shmenguin on Mon May 06, 2013 11:07 am

count2infinity wrote:I understand people don't like espn/sportscenter. I get that. I still watch sportscenter every morning, it's a routine thing for me. No one on that network knows hockey, especially the anchors, but of all the anchors, Linda is the most knowledgeable when it comes to hockey.


i think she probably watches a decent amount of hockey and has for most of her 85 years or so. but experience and wisdom aren't the same thing.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 23,262
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Defence21, dodint, DudeMan2766, GSdrums87, John-E, Skatingpen, Steve Dave, The Colonel and 43 guests


e-mail