Emergency GDT Game 4 Pens Isles 05/07/2013

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Emergency GDT Game 4 Pens Isles 05/07/2013

Postby nocera on Tue May 07, 2013 10:40 pm

skullman80 wrote:I'm glad losing games like this doesn't effect me like it used to. It sucks but at the end of the day its just a game. Thursday is a new day.

Especially because the series is 2-2. If you didn't know better, you'd think it was 3-0 Islanders. Still a long way to go.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Fire0nice228 on Tue May 07, 2013 10:40 pm

They don't deserve to win. I don't understand it. I can see them doing a Philly style blow up in the off season after they get bounced in round one. This is disgusting. We as fans give up so much to go to games, watch games , never miss a game, and this is what we get for it.
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Steve on Tue May 07, 2013 10:40 pm

PPenguinsFan66 wrote:
Steve wrote:MAF is toast, I'd be shocked if he's starting the next game.

The Islanders have been in playoff mode for a month, time to the Pens to join them.

Not that it matters, this series doesn't feel like the Philly series - it does however, and unfortunately, feel like that Habs series, where we were spotted an easy game one, and then watched MAF and the defense wilt under a speedy and relentless opponent.

So does Letang just give up when this goes to game 7 like Sarge?

Probably not. I should have said "so far", comparing this series to the Habs series, especially since I believe the pens will still win this series.
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby skullman80 on Tue May 07, 2013 10:41 pm

She'sTheFastest wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:
skullman80 wrote:
GDR wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:Capuano was asked during his presser if MAF's performance in last years playoffs figured in his strategy.

His answer was "I think we all saw last years playoffs..."

No **** jack

Nabokov said the same thing

Can you blame them? The proof stares everyone in the face when they look at tape.

Obviously, but if you're confident enough to say it when the series is tied 2-2, it shows how little respect you have for the man.

Do you think anyone would have ever dared to say that about Brodeur or Roy? Not a chance, not until they'd been eliminated anyway.

This is the same ***** who more or less started an on-ice riot a few years back. Bush league comments from a bush league ****.

Nothing bush league about what capuano said.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby tfrizz on Tue May 07, 2013 10:42 pm

DontToewsMeBro wrote:
farnham16 wrote:Anyone that has played competitive ice hockey knows this: When a goalie gives up a really soft goal it is incredibly deflating.

I've played since a was a little kid, and theres very few things as deflating to a team than to see their goalie give up a soft goal. Let alone two or three in one game.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: this.

The problem is, they starting playing poorly before Fleury gave up any deflating goals. From about 10 minutes into the 1st period of game 2, it's been total Islanders domination. That started well before Fleury gave up any weak ones.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby DelPen on Tue May 07, 2013 10:43 pm

6th goal isn't scored on an empty net. Start Vokoun.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Lt. Dish on Tue May 07, 2013 10:43 pm

skullman80 wrote:I'm glad losing games like this doesn't effect me like it used to. It sucks but at the end of the day its just a game. Thursday is a new day.

I realize how much I rely on (cling to?) the Pens while living in an area I really can't stand. If I still lived in Pgh., I think I'd be better at letting this stuff go. I was able to get over heartbreaking chokes and debacles much better back when I was surrounded by my peeps.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Rocco on Tue May 07, 2013 10:43 pm

NashvilleCat wrote:
Rocco wrote:
The U wrote:
farnham16 wrote:The more I think about it I really think DB is going back with MAF in Game 5. I really hope I'm wrong but I just don't think he's going to pull him. He'll be too afraid of what might happen to him because of it.

Bylsma's job is on the line, he can't be worried about people's feelings or what might happen to MAF down the line. If Vokoun plays and we win, he is the new starter.

Except it's not.

http://triblive.com/sports/dejankovacev ... z2SfFbjG00

Bylsma gets the Jamie Dixon treatment- his postseason debacles are brushed aside as adorable foibles.

Man, if they exit in the first round again and he's back I will have a tough time getting excited about Penguin hockey next year.

Get used to it. Changes won't be made if there's no media pressure, and the media loves Bylsma for some reason. He must have awesome barbecues.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby The U on Tue May 07, 2013 10:44 pm

If the Isles were hanging on for dear life and surviving constant Penguin pressure yet were STILL managing to sneak by and win games....I'd be frustrated and annoyed. The story would be like: "pesky Islanders hang on to even series!"

The fact that we spend the majority of the game looking like we don't even deserve to be on the same sheet of ice with them, has me totally numb. I'm entering the zone I did last year in game 4 or 5 where I mentally started to prepare for the worst.

By game 4 the style of the series is pretty much set. The only thing that decides the outcome from here on out is Powerplays, Bounces, Luck, and a mistake here or there. The fact that the style will remain the same for the next 3 games is what should scare us the most. There is no magic switch we can flip that will allow us to keep up 5-on-5 or start dominating possession or zone time. That's just not going to happen. If it was going to happen it would have happened already.

Scary to think that we will have to win 2 more games via Powerplays, lucky bounces, and a few mistakes here or there. For the Isles, in order to win 2 more they just have to play the same way they've been playing and hope they don't give up any 5-on-3s.
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Badger Bob on Tue May 07, 2013 10:44 pm

This whole team and coaching staff is an embarrassment. Shero assembles an All Star team, and you could put several of their faces on milk cartons right now. This defense is totally pathetic. If you score 4 goals in the playoff game, you should expect to win most of the time. In general, too many mistakes. Too many turnovers. Too much being outworked and out raced to loose pucks. Pens have no sustained offensive pressure. The ice has been tilted the wrong way for the last 3 games. Just about every goal the Pens scored tonight was scored on the rush. No cycling happening. And it is OK to dump and chase every once and a while, although the Isles would probably beat them to the puck and turn it the other way. Hamonic and the Isles are totally into Geno's head. This just looks like a repeat from last year. Ballsma might be Jack Adams in the regular season, but he can't coach his way out of a paper bag in the playoffs. He was lucky in 2009 because they still had MT's defensive awareness combined with his agressiveness. And yes, MAF is now a mental mess. Just saw his post game interview. Say hello to TV. I can't see how they don't start him on Thursday.

/Rant

P.S. Therrien's rant video would be appropriate right now.
Badger Bob
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby luv66 on Tue May 07, 2013 10:44 pm

NashvilleCat wrote:
Rocco wrote:
The U wrote:
farnham16 wrote:The more I think about it I really think DB is going back with MAF in Game 5. I really hope I'm wrong but I just don't think he's going to pull him. He'll be too afraid of what might happen to him because of it.

Bylsma's job is on the line, he can't be worried about people's feelings or what might happen to MAF down the line. If Vokoun plays and we win, he is the new starter.

Except it's not.

Bylsma gets the Jamie Dixon treatment- his postseason debacles are brushed aside as adorable foibles.

Man, if they exit in the first round again and he's back I will have a tough time getting excited about Penguin hockey next year.

I honestly don't think that will happen. Shero looked pissed last year (wish he was more pissed though).
luv66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby knives of ice on Tue May 07, 2013 10:47 pm

as i posted earlier not that MT and Torts dont have their faults....but does anyone actually think this team would contine to do the same stupid **** under a coach like them?

this is a joke.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby GDR on Tue May 07, 2013 10:48 pm

knives of ice wrote:as i posted earlier not that MT and Torts dont have their faults....but does anyone actually think this team would contine to do the same stupid **** under a coach like them?

this is a joke.

well both those guys are behind in their series too so...
GDR
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby JS© on Tue May 07, 2013 10:48 pm

BurghThing wrote:Need to bench Cooke next game too, the automatic penalties he gets just for being Matt Cooke aren't helping.

Wouldn't be opposed to this, although it sends the wrong message to Cooke.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Fire0nice228 on Tue May 07, 2013 10:48 pm

The U wrote:If the Isles were hanging on for dear life and surviving constant Penguin pressure yet were STILL managing to sneak by and win games....I'd be frustrated and annoyed. The story would be like: "pesky Islanders hang on to even series!"

The fact that we spend the majority of the game looking like we don't even deserve to be on the same sheet of ice with them, has me totally numb. I'm entering the zone I did last year in game 4 or 5 where I mentally started to prepare for the worst.

By game 4 the style of the series is pretty much set. The only thing that decides the outcome from here on out is Powerplays, Bounces, Luck, and a mistake here or there. The fact that the style will remain the same for the next 3 games is what should scare us the most. There is no magic switch we can flip that will allow us to keep up 5-on-5 or start dominating possession or zone time. That's just not going to happen. If it was going to happen it would have happened already.

Scary to think that we will have to win 2 more games via Powerplays, lucky bounces, and a few mistakes here or there. For the Isles, in order to win 2 more they just have to play the same way they've been playing and hope they don't give up any 5-on-3s.

Summed my feelings up. Prepare for the worst hope for the best. That's what he fans of the 8th seed should be saying, not the first.
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby GDR on Tue May 07, 2013 10:51 pm

Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 53m
Source says Andrew MacDonald suffered broken hand. Likely to miss rest of postseason. #Isles
GDR
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby lemieuxReturns on Tue May 07, 2013 10:52 pm

Maybe Dan will actually use an off day to practice now instead of hold an optional skate.
lemieuxReturns
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby The U on Tue May 07, 2013 10:54 pm

The series is still 2-2. Tied.

The fact that everything is doom and gloom here speaks volumes about how badly we have been outplayed.

What a bummer it would be if we could have gone Islanders in RD1, Senators in RD2 and then been in the Eastern Conf Finals. No Flyers, no Bruins, no Devils, no Montreal. This is a year where you need to go on a deep run and beat teams you are supposed to beat. Frustrating.
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby columbia on Tue May 07, 2013 10:56 pm

At least the Black Aces get off easy on this one....they're probably embarrassed.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby NashvilleCat on Tue May 07, 2013 10:57 pm

Rocco wrote:
NashvilleCat wrote:
Rocco wrote:
The U wrote:Bylsma's job is on the line, he can't be worried about people's feelings or what might happen to MAF down the line. If Vokoun plays and we win, he is the new starter.

Except it's not.

Get used to it. Changes won't be made if there's no media pressure, and the media loves Bylsma for some reason. He must have awesome barbecues.

Back when they sucked and you knew they were going to suck bad coaching was just comic relief.
NashvilleCat
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Rocco on Tue May 07, 2013 10:57 pm

Once again people turn to juju and things go to seed. Knock it off.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby BleuLineLady on Tue May 07, 2013 11:01 pm

If the Pens lose this series, HCDB will be gone the next day. As he should. But who else has to go? Crosby is the only one who should be safe.

In my opinion this is list of people who are probably "safe" for next season:

Kunitz
Dupuis
Bennett
Neal
Despres
Vokoun
Sutter
Jokinen
Bortuzzo
Vitale

Up for discussion (May remain with team next season and beyond or possibly traded, put on waivers or not resigned)

Malkin
Cooke
Letang
Fleury
Orpik
Niskanen
Martin
Eaton
Murray
Adams
Iginla
Morrow
Glass
Kennedy
Jeffrey

I think this a fair indication of how all of the players have performed and who has earned a spot on this team for next year and who has not.
BleuLineLady
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Fire0nice228 on Tue May 07, 2013 11:01 pm

Time to play juice more. 7 minutes of ice time for the one of the hottest pen since the deadline doesn't cut it
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby nocera on Tue May 07, 2013 11:02 pm

GDR wrote:Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 53m
Source says Andrew MacDonald suffered broken hand. Likely to miss rest of postseason. #Isles

Bummer for NY but should help out the Pens a bit. MacDonald was playing good hockey.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kharlamov on Tue May 07, 2013 11:03 pm

GDR wrote:Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 53m

Probably doesn't matter... Oksokpsa will still score goals that have no business being goals
Kharlamov
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins