'13 Playoffs Game 4 vs NYI - Thoughts from the Morning After

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: '13 Playoffs Game 4 vs NYI - Thoughts from the Morning A

Postby TrueNorth on Wed May 08, 2013 1:55 pm

:thumb: Dish, may I sit in on your dreams? They are far better than the nightmares I have been having.
TrueNorth
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby murphydump55 on Wed May 08, 2013 3:00 pm

DesertPenguin wrote:Vokoun has to, and will, play the rest of the series. Flower can get his head right, and if we make it, start game 1 of the next series.

We can't win the cup without flower in net, but we can't win this series with him in it.

If Vokoun goes in and wins this series for us, there's NO way you go back to the headcase in the next series. Are you actually serious? Why?

If Vokoun proves he can win, you ride him until he falters in a big way. When he falters, Fleury gets his chance again. That would be the biggest slap in the face to Vokoun if you go back to Fleury after he saved the series.

There is zero need to go back to Fleury if he isn't needed. As far as I'm concerned, Fleury has proven in the last 3.5 postseasons that he isn't the guy that will get it done. Quit living in 2009 people, Fleury isn't the same goaltender anymore and we need to accept that. Quit making excuses over and over.

If Vokoun can get the job done, then you reward him and keep starting him until he starts to prove that he can't do it any longer. This is about the team and winning, not about coddling a headcase. Fleury will get his shot if and when Vokoun struggles, but until then, it should be TV's teams.
murphydump55
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby iWonTheCup87 on Wed May 08, 2013 3:22 pm

it just sucks all the confidence i had which was hard to get after last season, is now shot. Even if we win this series, i dont feel anymore like we should easily walk through in any series. I feel like every series will be extremely hard and i wont have much confidence at all.

heres hoping the pens wake up and no matter whos in goal the pens start playing smart responsible hockey and dominate
iWonTheCup87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby topshelf66 on Wed May 08, 2013 3:33 pm

It shouldn't be easy but, I had a better feeling down 0-2 vs the Wings in 09 than I do now. It has to do with how we are playing.
topshelf66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Lt. Dish on Wed May 08, 2013 3:34 pm

TrueNorth wrote::thumb: Dish, may I sit in on your dreams? They are far better than the nightmares I have been having.

Yes! Everyone is invited! Bring booze.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Location: WIN IT FOR [insert important player here]...let's keep the list short, OK?!

Postby farnham16 on Wed May 08, 2013 3:35 pm

So how many of you guys would let Letang play tomorrow night after cross checking a ref? I know I wouldn't.

A message needs to be sent to this team. That disgraceful act by Letang last night is a prime example of what's wrong with this group. And why is no one in the Pittsburgh media talking about it? I've never seen anything quite like it. Think what the reaction would be if Malkin did that. Everyone in Pittsburgh would want Malkin immediately kicked off the team. Do we fans want this organization to tolerate crap like this from its players?

Accountability has to start now. I don't give a crap how good Letang can be and how important he is. I don't give a crap that its the playoffs. His punk ass needs to be in the presser for that garbage last night.
Last edited by farnham16 on Wed May 08, 2013 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Fire0nice228 on Wed May 08, 2013 3:42 pm

I think he just had a reaction to what he thought was an Islanders player getting involved with his teammate. The league didn't think anything of it and neither does most of anyone else.
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby farnham16 on Wed May 08, 2013 3:43 pm

Fire0nice228 wrote:I think he just had a reaction to what he thought was an Islanders player getting involved with his teammate. The league didn't think anything of it and neither does most of anyone else.

I don't buy that at all. The ref bumps into Letang and Letang looks directly at the ref for a second and then proceeds to cross check him.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby MRandall25 on Wed May 08, 2013 3:45 pm

Regardless of whether Letang plays or not, I don't see us getting many calls our way.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby columbia on Wed May 08, 2013 3:45 pm

I don't know that the "Letang is idiot and didn't know what he was doing" explanation is any better than the "Letang is an idiot and did it on purpose" explanation.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby farnham16 on Wed May 08, 2013 3:51 pm

I'm just so angry about that Letang thing. Its unreal. We are officially at the level of the Philadelphia Flyers organization if we let Letang play after that in my book.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby MRandall25 on Wed May 08, 2013 3:54 pm

columbia wrote:I don't know that the "Letang is idiot and didn't know what he was doing" explanation is any better than the "Letang is an idiot and did it on purpose" explanation.

What explanation do you have, then? Most well-adjusted people don't cross-check referees.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Lt. Dish on Wed May 08, 2013 3:57 pm

I just can't take the freaking Islanders and their fans laughing at us, and our team giving them plenty of entertainment for their dollar.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Location: WIN IT FOR [insert important player here]...let's keep the list short, OK?!

Postby columbia on Wed May 08, 2013 3:57 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
columbia wrote:I don't know that the "Letang is idiot and didn't know what he was doing" explanation is any better than the "Letang is an idiot and did it on purpose" explanation.

What explanation do you have, then? Most well-adjusted people don't cross-check referees.

You're missing the point: neither option is acceptable.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby tfrizz on Wed May 08, 2013 4:07 pm

Fire0nice228 wrote:I think he just had a reaction to what he thought was an Islanders player getting involved with his teammate. The league didn't think anything of it and neither does most of anyone else.

In Letang's defense, the officiating crew might as well have been wearing Islanders jerseys :twisted:
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby It'sagreatdayforhockey! on Wed May 08, 2013 4:10 pm

MRandall25 wrote:

(In the most homerish scenario possible to create) He only got a glance at the ref as he was coming from behind and thought it was an Islander grabbing him?
It'sagreatdayforhockey!
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby MRandall25 on Wed May 08, 2013 4:12 pm

It'sagreatdayforhockey! wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:

(In the most homerish scenario possible to create) He only got a glance at the ref as he was coming from behind and thought it was an Islander grabbing him?

That's an awful long time between seeing the ref, then hitting said ref.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins